Camera Issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8043a91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180545 ft
United States

I am experiencing a strange video distortion issue with my Phantom 4.

When I record in 1080p, There is a strange "warp field/jello effect." It is present in the bottom and top portions of the image that is recorded, not the center. It is most noticable when panning to the left and the right. When recording in 1080p, other than the "warp field" the image is fine and the background is smooth when panning.

If I increase the recording resolution to 2.7K the "warp field" is much less noticable, but is still there. However, I now experience a choppy, "jiggle or jello" effect for the background of the image. The effect that I am talking about is very noticable at 2:28-2:41.

Notice how the background is "jerky" and has that "jiggle" effect. The lighthouse in the foreground of the frame seems fine. It's only when panning left and right that I can see the "jiggle."

When I finally increase to 4K resolution, the "warp field" disappears completely (or at least I cannot find it anymore).

I still have the "jiggle" when panning, although it didn't seem as bad here.

I am at a loss as to what is occuring here. I can't imagine that it is the gimbal or lens, as the warp field goes away at the highest resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules