Travel with Mavic AIr
6231 10 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_coopcoop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27011 ft
United States

When transporting the Mavic Pro through airport security, is there an issue wth carry on? Or must you actually check the drone in a bag.

Also, I purchased the unit in the US but live in Europe.  Can the transformer handle a 240v as well?  

Last question, Any issue with taking the drone in other parts of the world that you know of...like Africa (Morocco)

Thx
2018-2-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

1. Travelling by air is normally no problem at all but all batteries must be in hand luggage and discharged, ideally packed in battery bags (not mandatory though on most airlines). The AC can go in checked in baggage but only without battery or you keep it in hand luggage too. To be on the safe side you should check the regulations of the specific airline you are travelling with.
2. I am relatively sure that yes. But read what exactly is written on it.
3. Search for the specific regulations of the countries you want to go to. Some are very strict or even "no go", most are not a problem. But you always have to check carefully since regulations vary considerably.
2018-2-22
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto to what Wachtberger said.  I would caution you about checking the AC, as there have been scams all over the world where the Airline and Security personnel have been working together to steal from the unsuspecting traveller.  Electronics are not included in your baggage agreement, so if they go missing you are out of luck.
Regulations vary greatly with each country -- some of them will actually hold your drone until you leave -- best to check out thoroughly and perhaps contact someone in that country before you fly. It's always nice to have an email bomb to go along with the name drop if the situation warrants.
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please refer to Wachtberger's reply. Normally, there would have no issue taking the drone to the airport and onboard, but you can try to confirm with the airline company you are going to fly with.
For taking the drone to other countries, you can learn the drone regulations of the countries which you are going to. http://www.dji.com/flysafe
Hope it provides you with some info.
2018-2-22
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

As long as you bring the batteries with you on your carry on. The power supply will for with 220V as well as 120V
2018-2-22
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, DO NOT bring your Mavic to Marocco, because its not comming back with you, ever...
2018-2-24
Use props
fans68837a32
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735 ft
United States

What about RC? It has a built-in battery, right?
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_coopcoop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27011 ft
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-24 00:46
Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, DO NOT bring your Mavic to Marocco, because its not comming back with you, ever...

I agree...thx.  Hate to miss the Sahara desert on video but I’m sure I can find one on the Net
2018-2-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-24 00:46

Thanks for the info   
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_VRtEmaXDOZaD
lvl.1

India

There is no concerto travel with mac air but there could be an issue while travel with pets https://travelsites.com/travel-with-pets/ some flight doesn't allow the pets no matter how you love them though so there is  a list of flights where you can travel with pets easily with no issue.
2019-5-25
Use props
Anatoliy Soloshenko
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hey guys, we are going to Belgium in September so we have a few questions. So we are arriving in Gent, stay there for a few days and want to go to other cities too. So I think we need auto in gent. Do you now any proven companies without fraud schemes, because I heard a lot of that stuff. What cities will be most convenient to visit from Gent? Can you tell the best places there?
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules