Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal issue after firmware update
1609 10 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TriProt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2139150 ft
United States

First flight of the year was yesterday with no issues. Today a firmware update notice popped up and I updated. There were some "lost network connection" and timing out issues during the process, but after a system reset it all seemed to work. After flying for awhile the gimbal got stuck at 45 degree angle from level horizon. The battery was at about 40%, time of day was dusk and I may have been flying into the sun trying to capture sunset. What should I do next?
2018-2-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you do a gimbal and imu calibration after the update?
2018-2-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which firmware and App' versions are you using ?

Have a look in 'About' at bottom of 'General Settings' menu with all connected and powered up.
2018-2-22
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for the quick replies. I read so many horror stories about people calibrating when its not needed then bad things happen, so I adopted the "only calibrate when the app prompts you to" policy. I did check the sensor states after updating and before flying and they looked good, so i didn't do anything besides restarting the systems.

I use a 8" CrystalSky running android 5.1.1
Kernel 3.10.0
App 4.2.4
RC 1.9.3
Aircraft does not show version, only "check for updates". Clicking the button doesnt seem to do anything, it just spins thinking
2018-2-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TriProt Posted at 2018-2-22 16:17
Thank you for the quick replies. I read so many horror stories about people calibrating when its not needed then bad things happen, so I adopted the "only calibrate when the app prompts you to" policy. I did check the sensor states after updating and before flying and they looked good, so i didn't do anything besides restarting the systems.

I use a 8" CrystalSky running android 5.1.1

Was aircraft powered up when you checked 'About'. if it was then looks like RC not talking to aircraft correctly, perhaps try a relink of RC and aircraft ?

The only calibration that usually causes problems if messed up is the compass calibration, but it's not rocket science if done with a bit of thought as to surroundings.
2018-2-22
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
United States

yes, everything was powered up and wifi was on when I "checked"
2018-2-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TriProt Posted at 2018-2-22 16:39
yes, everything was powered up and wifi was on when I "checked"

Next thing I would try is download DJI Assistant 2  (Mavic section, but it's the latest version of Assistant 2), install it, then run and log into your DJI account. Thereafter plug in and power up aircraft to PC. From there you should be able to download and run the 02.00.0700 aircraft update.
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey TriProt, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and link RC again. Then check the performance and keep us posted on the progress, thanks!
2018-2-22
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
United States

I installed DJIA2, refreshed the current firmware, re-linked the RC as instructed and there still is no version number for aircraft in About section. Please advise.

2018-2-23
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

i've seen something similar to this a few times with my P4.  The gimbal goes limp, usually at about 45 degrees, and it unresponsive.  Flight controls are ok.  In my cases does not seem related to a particular firmware but something in the P4 that just occasionally goes south.   

When this happens to me, I land, power down the A/C and then power back up.  All seems find at that point...and it will some months before the problem occurs again.
2018-2-24
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for chiming in DroneGuyEd. I ran thru a couple batteries with no issues, but it would be nice to know what the heck happened.

The missing aircraft version number is still concerning and I hope DJI can offer a solution.
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules