Fishing Flying and Kayaking
1341 15 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

1st outing in the Kayak of 2018. We decided on Rhu point and it was hard fishing......
No blanks though Pollok and Codling kicks off my species list.... Scott with a Pollok.
Just as the fishing started Sammy the seal showed his head and the fishing was buggered.
Was really wanting to Kayak and have the Spark track me then have it RTH.... But that would mean I'd have to paddle all the way back to shore.....

2018-2-22
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Cool video.  Looks too cold for me.

You should have had your buddy out and flown the Spark from shore out to fim the kayak.  I can't think of a way to launch from shore and then paddle out without a lot of risk to the drone.  Launching from the kayak seems even more risky.  So it is really a two person operation to film a kayak (if you value your drone's health).
2018-2-22
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-22 16:50
You should have had your buddy out and flown the Spark from shore out to fim the kayak.  I can't think of a way to launch from shore and then paddle out without a lot of risk to the drone.  Launching from the kayak seems even more risky.  So it is really a two person operation to film a kayak (if you value your drone's health).

Completely agree.... But i want to be in my Kayak being filmed..... And my buddy doesn't know how to fly....  
2018-2-22
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Paul Lee Posted at 2018-2-22 16:56
Completely agree.... But i want to be in my Kayak being filmed..... And my buddy doesn't know how to fly....

Yep.  Know the feeling.  Had my wife film me flying my RC plane but she never hit record the whole flight.
Would like to get some of me in the kayak but the wife doesn't fly that well.

2018-2-22
Use props
Toyman2k 9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72362 ft
United States

Nice vid!  I will be using mine while fishing soon
2018-2-22
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Nice Video Thanks
2018-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2018-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-22 17:04
Yep.  Know the feeling.  Had my wife film me flying my RC plane but she never hit record the whole flight.
Would like to get some of me in the kayak but the wife doesn't fly that well.

Hahahahahaha.
LOL
So active track is the only way
2018-2-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great vid!      
2018-2-23
Use props
Smark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

Very pretty!
2018-2-23
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

I love how the video has a mood to it Thanks for sharing!
2018-2-24
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

Wow thanks for that - it brought back many happy memories of when I used to take my boat to the Rhu Narrows to go fishing the late 70s. One day a naval launch asked me to go away. When I complained that I often fished there he pointed out to me that the huge nuclear submarine just leaving Faslane was a lot bigger than me and it couldn't stop.

Did the guys from the nuclear submarine base not show any interest in your activities. They keep a close eye on that spot.
2018-2-25
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MikB Posted at 2018-2-25 08:01
Wow thanks for that - it brought back many happy memories of when I used to take my boat to the Rhu Narrows to go fishing the late 70s. One day a naval launch asked me to go away. When I complained that I often fished there he pointed out to me that the huge nuclear submarine just leaving Faslane was a lot bigger than me and it couldn't stop.

Did the guys from the nuclear submarine base not show any interest in your activities. They keep a close eye on that spot.

Hey MikB, No concern or problems fishing there..... The Police who were out and about even gave us a wave - More if you count the wash from their boats lol.....
2018-2-25
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Get a mate to stay on shore.   Use active track to film and follow you, then your mate can RTH after say 10 minutes.   

You put all your faith into the technology of course....but on paper it works :-)
2018-2-25
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-8
Use props
Quivell
lvl.1

Ukraine

Do you know that fishing nations are ones of the healthiest on the planet: http://fish-foundation.org.uk/
Fish meat is full of proteins and vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids. My grandfather also fished and was healtheir and sharper of mind than his peers. Makes me glad that I picked up fishing when I was 16.
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules