Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Rubenrtvd Posted at 2018-2-23 05:44
Hi,

my Phantom 4 Advanced fell from the sky 3 weeks ago at 105m high and 700m from me. I report it to DJI, after flight analysis they dont want to help me because everything was going fine before it stopped recording during flight and go to the crash. The drone was lost 17 days into the water, 2 days ago I found it in a water pant... my phantom looks bad... I cleaned it under clean water and now it's still dropped into rice. But I saw on the drone that the gimbal connectors are melted, arround one motor it is black so its seems carbonised, inside th drone its black also looks carbonised too. I flew a total of more than 500km with this p4A and never had any issue. I think it is a battery issue, but not sure. Like overtension?

Now you have recovered the drone, it will have the aircraft logs on board which should show the reason for the fault, you should be able to send it to DJI for analysis although I would try to extract the logs yourself first since they are not always keen on analysing drones that have been in water.
2018-2-23
Use props
jortiz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9383 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-23 09:42
Agreed, I was just suggesting a reason why we haven't seen similar photos before.

You didn't answer the question about flying with a gimbal guard...

Sorry I missed your question. No I don't have a gimbal guard but funny enough the drone hit the ground upside down. I guess due to the battery weight, it then jumped up a bit and landed straight. The side gimbal never hit the ground full force but I guess was enough to damage my cam or what ever send the feed to the control and phone
2018-2-23
Use props
jortiz
lvl.1
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-23 09:42
Agreed, I was just suggesting a reason why we haven't seen similar photos before.

You didn't answer the question about flying with a gimbal guard...

Sorry I missed your question. No I don't have a gimbal guard but funny enough the drone hit the ground upside down. I guess due to the battery weight, it then jumped up a bit and landed straight. The side gimbal never hit the ground full force but I guess was enough to damage my cam or what ever send the feed to the control and phone
2018-2-23
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jortiz Posted at 2018-2-23 10:05

Normally when they loose power then come down the right way up, the props acting as a poor parachute to keep them the right way up.

I'm still wondering if the battery broke on impact and wasn't the cause, are the aircraft logs available?

Your ultrasonic sensors where occasionally seeing something under the aircraft, hence my question about gimbal guards, was there anything else attached that it might have seen.
2018-2-23
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

jortiz Posted at 2018-2-23 10:05

I want to add to the mystery:
The cable looks like it was cut manually. A torn string of wires looks very different.
Maybe something happened during production - the other question would be: Which tools did you use to open the battery?

1.jpg
2.jpg
2018-2-23
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-2-23 11:44
I want to add to the mystery:
The cable looks like it was cut manually. A torn string of wires looks very different.
Maybe something happened during production - the other question would be: Which tools did you use to open the battery?

The strands have all broken at the end of the solder.  The flexible part doesn't break because it is flexible, the soldered part doesn't break because it is strengthened by the solder, the strands always break at the end of the solder when they suffer from constant flexing.  It does look like the cable was inadequately supported, a design issue, but since we don't see lots of these maybe it has been built wrong.
2018-2-23
Use props
jortiz
lvl.1
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-23 10:12
Normally when they loose power then come down the right way up, the props acting as a poor parachute to keep them the right way up.

I'm still wondering if the battery broke on impact and wasn't the cause, are the aircraft logs available?

I would say impossible the cable will brake at any point because the drone fell. Un less the wire was at it last string and even then I would say no.

here is the log
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/XQFDTJNYS282S97PDYWH/
2018-2-23
Use props
jortiz
lvl.1
United States

I can say this happened because the person or the machine that cut the insulation did cut part of the wire too weakening the cable at that point. From there over heating and vibration completed the fracture
2018-2-23
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

jortiz Posted at 2018-2-23 14:41
I can say this happened because the person or the machine that cut the insulation did cut part of the wire too weakening the cable at that point. From there over heating and vibration completed the fracture

thank you for repiting me   ;)

this is an man-made mistake happen by removing isulation.  it just shows how poorly this things are made...  (made in China) sorry to say. the pointis, if its happen on one wire of one batterie, it is to find on more places/ batteries as well.
2018-2-24
Use props
jortiz
lvl.1
United States

I hope DJI do something but as I have read around they don't care about these things. They just want to sale and make money in service and never take responsibility for defects
2018-2-24
Use props
DarkZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

This is pretty bad, just flying along and it falls out of the sky, who knows where you have it at the time.
2018-2-25
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Yeeah.. u cant say DJI do not care for u.... that not OK.... because they do care  for u and that you buy sooner or later a new Drone.  They used planned obsolesnce for yours. so-they take care..
2018-2-25
Use props
jortiz
lvl.1
United States

Here are the last set of pics I was able to get from the battery
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules