Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Updated but not asked for ?
671 4 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Today I started up me Mavic Pro after 3 wks or so and since I saw on this forum that a FW update was required FW 1.04.03 , I expected to get the request when I turned on my Mavic Pro but NOTHING , got the go ahead to fly

Why is it that when I hooked up the DJI Assist 2 to the my Mavic Pro , it noted and UPDATE to 1.04.03  ?  (which I did for the Mavic Pro and the Controller )

confused why it wasn't requested on the start up of the Mavic Pro

2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Salmon, just to verify, do you have the internet connection and available for DJI GO 4 app? If there was no notification, you can go to About under General Settings, there is also an option "check for update" there. Thanks.
2018-2-23
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-23 01:01
Salmon, just to verify, do you have the internet connection and available for DJI GO 4 app? If there was no notification, you can go to About under General Settings, there is also an option "check for update" there. Thanks.

Hi Thor,
Sorry but you misunderstood me.
I turned on my Mavic Pro and it did not request a FW update
I then connected it to the DJI Assist 2 and it said a FW update was available  (which I did)
QUESTION
Isn't it normal for the OS (when connected to the controler and the Mavic Pro and powered up )  to show that an update is needed ?  

2018-2-23
Use props
fans4a288032
New
Spain

Usually in the app, the update check is made by background and it lets you enter in the app, the update check with the server of DJI takes like 30s, so its quite normal that you dont see.
Usually, if u wait in the main screen before entering, you can see the "Checking updates". If u let it pass the time, u will see the same update than with the Assistance 2.
In my opinion, is not a good system, is not much clear and brings confusion as it did to you.
2018-3-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Salmonslayer Posted at 2018-2-23 08:56
Hi Thor,
Sorry but you misunderstood me.
I turned on my Mavic Pro and it did not request a FW update

The point is that you were apparently not online and logged on with your mobile device and consequently it could not inform you that an update was available. On your PC you are most likely always online when switched on and naturally DJI Assistant will immediately inform you about available updates.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules