Netherlands

Beautiful and intriguing footage!
2018-2-23
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

The DOF is stunning ....what aperature did you use ?
2018-2-23
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Belarus

Kiffkool Posted at 2018-2-23 04:07
The DOF is stunning ....what aperature did you use ?

The aperture was between 7 and 12, I used a polarizer as well. The DOF is pretty subtle but you can still see it on a telephoto.
2018-2-23
Use props
escore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Wow! Great work!
2018-2-23
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Absolutely spectacular. Congratulations!
2018-2-23
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Great work! Interesting to see such a view of Moscow
2018-2-24
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice and sharp.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Good job, thank you for sharing!
2018-2-25
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WOW - great video - thanks for sharing - looking forward to seeing more
2018-2-27
Use props
Lugard_696
lvl.3

United States

excellent footage!
2018-3-7
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I've already commented on this but have just watched it again and find it really interesting.

It makes me wonder what life is like living in massive towers like that?  In the UK there are tower blocks but nothing on that scale.

It really looks like the intro to a decent film. Well done, please shoot more!
2018-3-7
Use props
paulbeumer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516690 ft
Netherlands

Wow great edit and footage... also sound seems to work well in this dreamy  architectural landscape.... must say i love the designs of Sovjet modernist buildings... (don't know how it is inside ;-))
2018-3-9
Use props
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

Awsome footage!  What FPS and shutterspeed did you use?  I would have maybe bumped upp the FPS to NTSC 30 or maybe PAL 50 for those dolly shoots, depending what you where using.  To get rid of the stuttering that can be visable on low FPS like 24.  But thats just me.  Anyway really awsome views!
2018-3-9
Use props
Pr1sh
lvl.2
Canada

those buildings were really good
2018-3-9
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pr1sh Posted at 2018-3-9 16:29
those buildings were really good

people actually live in those depressing monoliths ?  apocalyptic!!  right out of blade runner.
2018-3-10
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Belarus

Helicam Posted at 2018-3-9 11:02
Awsome footage!  What FPS and shutterspeed did you use?  I would have maybe bumped upp the FPS to NTSC 30 or maybe PAL 50 for those dolly shoots, depending what you where using.  To get rid of the stuttering that can be visable on low FPS like 24.  But thats just me.  Anyway really awsome views!

Hey!

I always keep NTSC, 24fps and shutter 1/50 in order to have a classic cinematic footage. I know that some pilots prefer shooting slow-mo, but personally I don't like it.  However, I agree that the picture looks really odd when you have a lot of movement, especially on a telephoto lens.

I have a solid background working with cameras and I gotta say, I've never seen this type of .. rolling shutter, maybe? Even on GH5 or BlackMagic Pocket camera you have a different type of jello effect.

I'm not quite sure what exactly causes this, but it certainly has something to do with CineCore 2.0 video processing, since X5S had quite similar "glitchy" problems. Hopefully there is a chance DJI could fix this issue in future software updates, otherwise it could be a big problem to shoot action scenes with a lot of movement.  
2018-3-11
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

That was great.  Really enjoyed watching it.  Those wires from building to building are pretty hard to see - that would make me nervous.  I also saw some hanging off the building blowing in the wind.

Very cool!
2018-3-12
Use props
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

gmanthegman Posted at 2018-3-11 02:06
Hey!

I always keep NTSC, 24fps and shutter 1/50 in order to have a classic cinematic footage. I know that some pilots prefer shooting slow-mo, but personally I don't like it.  However, I agree that the picture looks really odd when you have a lot of movement, especially on a telephoto lens.

Yea there was some strange rolling shutter at some dolly shots.  I always shoot NTSC 30 FPS.  I think it looks better aspecially when you fly sideways and so on.  I have tested alot with 24fps, but always come back to 30.  I really think its the way to go.  It still looks cinematic, i cant tell the difference at all, but you can clearly see that the picture gets alot smoother when you pan around and fly sideways at 30 fps.  Try it.  :-)
2018-3-12
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Belarus

Helicam Posted at 2018-3-12 10:34
Yea there was some strange rolling shutter at some dolly shots.  I always shoot NTSC 30 FPS.  I think it looks better aspecially when you fly sideways and so on.  I have tested alot with 24fps, but always come back to 30.  I really think its the way to go.  It still looks cinematic, i cant tell the difference at all, but you can clearly see that the picture gets alot smoother when you pan around and fly sideways at 30 fps.  Try it.  :-)

I will certainly shoot at 30FPS if I'm going to have a chance to make it 24FPS in post.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand how 30FPS footage looks, regardless where it was shot, on the ground or in the air, ha!

I'm going to make a little test with different frame rates though, thanks !!
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules