Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cheaper Batteries
2058 14 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Obvious
Second Officer

Australia

I was looking around at the horrendous pricing on the Inspire's battery and thought...Why don't DJI make a battery so that instead of Manufacturing the "Whole battery"
Make them like the rest of Todays tech Disposable.
I know it would mean redesigning another battery but it would mean a cost saving for us and for DJI
Instead of manufacturing the complete battery and the housing it's in (The white part) along with the The (Black section)
the "battery" itself. They could leave out the Electronic section alltogether and we could buy just the battery
section itself..Plug it into the top white section and dispose of the Spent or Damaged battery keeping the white electronic section.
But ofcourse you would be able to buy the complete unit if needed.....

A simple internal pug would connect up the two parts allowing this for easy connections or disconnection.
and be less shipping wieght....saving $$

DJI Battery.jpg
2015-5-2
Use props
FictitiousPerso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Yellows your favourite colour right?
2015-5-2
Use props
Captain Obvious
Second Officer

Australia

Why most certainly FictitiousPerso.........NAH it just stands out
2015-5-2
Use props
PeteGould
Second Officer

United States

That would be a great idea.  But I'll bet there's a LOT of profit for DJI in making the complete packs - profit they would lose in this model since the battery cells themselves are outsourced to a third party.
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

For what you get, the price of the packs aren't too bad.
Not long ago I was paying $200 for a good quality 6s1p5000 (without a charger attached)

Anyone who reads this and has an Apple iPhone is used to paying a little more, (for nothing extra in return).

If you allow 3rd party peeps to manufacturer inspire packs, who knows if they're using shitty cells, or not.

I don't want my bird dropping like a stone, like the idiots starting threads crying about dead battery packs - lol ,
(I bet they drained there packs down to zero previously, thinking they were cool - poor fools)

Just suck it up, take care of your packs (as I instructed), and u will get more than $200 use out of them - (I know I will)

Bob "pack master" Marley

(I bet this "nice" post about dji doesn't get deleted) :@

2015-5-2
Use props
Abe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing the real reason they don't follow your suggested approach is it would be easier for third parties to offer knock-offs. This is a pretty common tech industry tactic to maximize revenues through sales of proprietary accessories under the guise of controlling quality and user experience. It works for a while, but it's only a matter of volume and time before third party batteries begin to show up, as has happened with the Phantom. In the early days, it's probably better we buy proprietary DJI accessories anyway to minimize finger pointing when something doesn't work. Particularly something as flight-critical as the battery.
2015-5-2
Use props
alexmarnas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Australia

Hi Cpt Obvious, you have to keep in mind something, here in China where those batteries are built, for the price of a single TB47(160USD, approx 1000RMB) you can buy an electrical scooter. This scooter includes a 20Ah battery... So deduce how much it cost to built a 4,5Ah battery like the TB47?

What you pay in your store for a TB47, is profit for DJI and mostly R&D for the whole battery assembly! The Li-Ion itself is peanut...
2015-5-2
Use props
Captain Obvious
Second Officer

Australia

Ok...Suppose it could open the gates for cheaper nasty clones...I only have 1 battery at present and really need to get more...."More more I tell's ya" {:3_57:}

One day the techheads will invent a permanent battery for us
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-5-3 11:14
One day the techheads will invent a permanent battery for us   ...

My Inspire runs on Love -

Bob Marley
2015-5-4
Use props
jonsky
lvl.1

South Africa

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-5-4 08:07
My Inspire runs on Love -

Is there a way i can use a compact 6 cell normal lipo on the inspire 1 ?
I mean it's just power, why does it have to be so hard, i'm perfectly fine with timing the flight or add a low cell battery warning.

Why ? Because 2 of my inspire 1 batteries drained itself to smithereens, one bloated the other semi bloated, i now only have one battery left, who knows what problems awaits me with it in the near future.

I opened up the semi bloated one, disconnected all the electronics, charged the inspire battery to 80% capacity, reconnected the balancing board with all its plugs, but it seems the board does now not recognize the battery, first i got all lights blinking, then fiddling with plugging in and out the connector, 2 bars of lights when on, stayed on, after yet again disconnecting and connecting the balance port, one cell constantly flashed twice per second..then yet again fiddling, i get the 2 lights staying on while charging, after 15 minutes the battery just switched off.

I'm really worked over with these batteries giving endless problems, i just want to plug in a simple 6 cell battery with lipo alarm and be done with.

Is there still no solution to bypass the electronics after all these years ?
2019-3-10
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

The bird is looking for "info" from the battery.

If that "info" isn't there,  you aren't taking off.

Randy
2019-3-10
Use props
jonsky
lvl.1

South Africa

rwynant V1 Posted at 3-10 09:43
The bird is looking for "info" from the battery.

If that "info" isn't there,  you aren't taking off.

Well there must be an easy way? why not just fool the bird into thinking it has full power, surely someone must know how to do this.
2019-3-11
Use props
jonsky
lvl.1

South Africa

No one at all, so everyone keeps punching themselves in the stomach buying overpriced batteries ?

2019-3-11
Use props
jonsky
lvl.1

South Africa

No worries i found a working solution at a better site, looks like people here are behind the times
2019-3-12
Use props
HyperSpectral
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

jonsky Posted at 3-12 02:02
No worries i found a working solution at a better site, looks like people here are behind the times

Indeed there is some testing happening, albeit slowly, over on the InspirePilots forums

We need more people to perform testing of the current process and look at the firmware for modifications needed to work out bugs
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules