Samsung S8 oreo and issue with DJI GO
1479 8 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

I don´t know if it´s due lastest DJI GO VERSION or S8 OREO update...

now, when I try to connect wifi, I connect correctly (phone to spark) but NEVER CONNECT IN APP.

I have to disable MOBILE DATA and leave only WIFI, then it connects...

this never happened some weeks ago... I can leave 4g data (ie maps) and wifi connection to spark.

Thanks
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Did you try to reinstall the app? Please save all the pictures and videos first, keep us updated, thanks.
2018-2-23
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Spain

Yes, I did it, same issue.
If I leave MOBILE DATA and WIFI.... I select spark WIFI but NEVER connect. I must to disable the DATA MOBILE and then connect .

I think S8 and oreo doesn´t allow only wifi (it detects NO internet connection) and then force to 4G data... and with 4g data is impossible to connect to  Spark.
Or maybe DJI GO is unable to force wifi.

With previous android was working perfectly.... now, not.

somebody with S8 and OREO using only phone, have same issue?

regards
2018-2-24
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

On my honor 5x with lineage os I have to turn off mobile data to get the phone connected to spark RC. On my oneplus 5t it connects fine with mobile data on (Oreo). Don't know why but you should put phone into flight mode and then connect to WiFi afterwards. You don't want to get a call during flight.
2018-2-25
Use props
jesasi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288698 ft
Finland

motopa: I have exactly same issue and not liking that at all!
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jesasi Posted at 2018-3-3 11:28
motopa: I have exactly same issue and not liking that at all!

Can you shoot a video of the whole process? Please tell me the model of your device and the version of your app. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

motopa Posted at 2018-2-24 02:35
Yes, I did it, same issue.
If I leave MOBILE DATA and WIFI.... I select spark WIFI but NEVER connect. I must to disable the DATA MOBILE and then connect .

Hey, our engineers test a lot of mobile devices and fail to find the problem. Please provide a video of the situation so we can locate the problem.
2018-3-6
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Spain

Really samsung S8 is a standard device, maybe reference in android.

Mine is Samsung S8 with lastest update (oficial, Oreo). Before was working perfectly, with wifi and data... if I turned on the spark, I was connecting to DJI GO directly (selecting spark wifi).
Now, I do it, and connect to SPARK WIFI but never get DJI GO conectivity. I must disable mobile data (4g) then connect Spark, and then I can connect 4g again.

Regards
2018-3-6
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

I running on Huawei Honor V10 with Oreo out of the box no issues running both Data and WIFI  on. In some devices there is WIFI+ option for aggressive data connection using both data and WIFI if both are available. Try disabling this option.
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules