Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera heating
676 12 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArgenBrewer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18638 ft
Argentina

I ask you a question, as you know, when the Phantom 3 Standard is on but fixed on the ground, like when we download the internal log or use the simulator, the whole camera / gimbal set heats up a lot. The question is: is that warming dangerous? Should I put a fan nearby under these circumstances or can I leave it like that and not worry?
Thanks and regards!
2018-2-23
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209764 ft
United States

Yeah, it probably wouldnt be a bad idea, DJI themselves recommend pointing a fan at the gimbal. I'd keep a fan handy.
2018-2-23
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, it probably wouldnt be a bad idea, DJI themselves recommend pointing a fan at the gimbal. I'd keep a fan handy. Have a good one and best of flights to you.
2018-2-23
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.4
United States

Whoops, double send.
2018-2-23
Use props
ArgenBrewer
lvl.4
Argentina

I usually use an old pc source cooler, it's the most practical
2018-2-23
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I use an older Laptop cooler for firm ware upgrades. The Phantoms stands on it.
2018-2-23
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.4
United States

ArgenBrewer Posted at 2018-2-23 08:36
I usually use an old pc source cooler, it's the most practical

Whatever works for you works, just as long as it keeps the gimbal and camera assembly cool. Good thinking about the laptop cooler though.
2018-2-23
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Nice tip about the laptop cooler, it never even entered my mind
2018-2-23
Use props
Nige
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30377 ft
United Kingdom

Make sure you take the gimbal lock/protector of,the gimbal needs to reset when you power it up and if it is restricted it will heat up drasticly.
2018-2-24
Use props
ArgenBrewer
lvl.4
Argentina

Nige Posted at 2018-2-24 07:13
Make sure you take the gimbal lock/protector of,the gimbal needs to reset when you power it up and if it is restricted it will heat up drasticly.

the cardan protector and the lens cap of the camera, are the worst designed things of the Phantom 3 Standard, the protector comes off to one side and the lid enters very tight, forcing a lot of force into a sensitive piece to remove it .
2018-2-24
Use props
ArgenBrewer
lvl.4
Argentina

I am waiting for a new lid to arrive that fulfills both functions more efficiently.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, it is normal that the gimbal might get hot after power on the drone. It is not a bad idea to put a fan nearby, but it is okay just leave it there. But if the gimbal gets very hot, it might be some parts not working properly, you can check if there is an error message on the app. BTW, please don't power on the drone when the gimbal clamp is mounted on. Thank you.
2018-2-25
Use props
ArgenBrewer
lvl.4
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-25 21:18
Hi there, it is normal that the gimbal might get hot after power on the drone. It is not a bad idea to put a fan nearby, but it is okay just leave it there. But if the gimbal gets very hot, it might be some parts not working properly, you can check if there is an error message on the app. BTW, please don't power on the drone when the gimbal clamp is mounted on. Thank you.

not so hot as not to be able to touch but not cold, and of course I remove the protectors
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules