Telemetry on ocusync airmodel and DJI goggles re
5504 27 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brauniver
New

Canada

Hi Guys

I am having the problem that Voltage and Amps arent properly displayed in the DJI googles re. It only shows me updated voltage when quad is disarmed but not while armed.

Using betaflight and did not have this problem before. Something must have changed during Betaflight or DJI update.

Anyone had the same issue?
2018-2-23
Use props
Skyp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9656 ft
Hong Kong

The 1.0.2.0 version firmware has a lot of new features updating of the OSD, have a try.
2018-2-23
Use props
Brauniver
New

Switzerland

Doesnt matter what firmware I use... Display update only when disarmed.

But thanks!
2018-2-25
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Finland

I have excactly the same problem after updating to the latest firmware. OSD doesn't update unless the FC is disarmed. The pervious FW version worked OK.

I have a F4 based flight controller & Betaflight 3.2
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, for those who have this issue, please tell me the following details: which flight controller you are using, the current version of your DJI Goggles, if possible, please provide me with the screenshot and video of this case. I would like to check. Thank you.
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Yrjoah Posted at 2018-2-25 22:13
I have excactly the same problem after updating to the latest firmware. OSD doesn't update unless the FC is disarmed. The pervious FW version worked OK.

Thank you for your info. However, may I have a short video of this case and would you please provide me with the specific version of the current firmware which has this issue and the previous version which does not have this issue? Thank you for your help.
2018-2-26
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Finland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-26 00:19
Thank you for your info. However, may I have a short video of this case and would you please provide me with the specific version of the current firmware which has this issue and the previous version which does not have this issue? Thank you for your help.

I am not quite sure how to do it because DVR records plain video feed without OSD info. Would a couple of screenshots help? OSD shows in a screenshot.
2018-2-26
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Ireland

Here is a couple of screenshots - the firs one was taken when my FC was disarmed and the other one when the FC was armed.

I have Goggles RE & Ocusync Air Unit with the latest FW. My FC is Omnibus Asgard AIO & Betaflight 3.2.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Yrjoah Posted at 2018-2-26 10:39
Here is a couple of screenshots - the firs one was taken when my FC was disarmed and the other one when the FC was armed.

I have Goggles RE & Ocusync Air Unit with the latest FW. My FC is Omnibus Asgard AIO & Betaflight 3.2.[view_image][view_image]

Thank you so much for your info, I had forwarded your case to our engineers to check, will get back to you once I hear from them. Thank you for your patience.
2018-2-28
Use props
Thyhack
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71562 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-28 04:15
Thank you so much for your info, I had forwarded your case to our engineers to check, will get back to you once I hear from them. Thank you for your patience.

@Thor, We are having a similar issue and I am wondering if you have any advice or can push us in the right direction regarding the kiss flight controller.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=131319
2018-2-28
Use props
Thyhack
lvl.1
United States

Thyhack Posted at 2018-2-28 09:19
@Thor, We are having a similar issue and I am wondering if you have any advice or can push us in the right direction regarding the kiss flight controller.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=131319

2018-2-28
Use props
Thyhack
lvl.1
United States

2018-3-2
Use props
Thyhack
lvl.1
United States

Still having no luck on getting the voltage/telemetry. Using a KISS FC V2 and a Mr. Steele PDB/OSD. Any help would be appreciated!
2018-3-2
Use props
Thyhack
lvl.1
United States

Thyhack Posted at 2018-3-2 18:13
Still having no luck on getting the voltage/telemetry. Using a KISS FC V2 and a Mr. Steele PDB/OSD. Any help would be appreciated!

I am thinking about moving from Kiss V2 to Betaflight, hopefully I have more luck.
2018-3-6
Use props
Thyhack
lvl.1
United States

Thyhack Posted at 2018-3-6 05:48
I am thinking about moving from Kiss V2 to Betaflight, hopefully I have more luck.

That's not a thing...... So yeah, DJI support is extremely lacking.... I am new to all of this and there is 0 direction from them. Going into this I really thought that there would be much more documentation.
2018-3-6
Use props
eirikso
lvl.1

Norway

I have the same problem: no OSD when armed.

FC: Matek Systems F4 F405 Mini Flight Controller Integrated OSD 32K Gyro 32M Flash
Betaflight 3.2.4

Firmware in goggles and ocusync: 1.0.2.0

I have tried setting the SmartPort Baud to 57600 but it does not help.

So: any news on this issue?
2018-3-9
Use props
tomzah
New
United States

Just got my RE's...   Will the telemetry work  with the NAZE32. I have tried but nothing comes out of the naze telemtry port.
Only when I enable FRsky telemetry do I see any data on the scope.What protocall does the air unit want.
2018-3-10
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Thank you for your info, we are testing these kinds of flight controller with DJI Goggles to solve the problem ASAP. Thank you for your patience.
2018-3-13
Use props
fans3e91db3e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United Kingdom

tomzah Posted at 2018-3-10 17:43
Just got my RE's...   Will the telemetry work  with the NAZE32. I have tried but nothing comes out of the naze telemtry port.
Only when I enable FRsky telemetry do I see any data on the scope.What protocall does the air unit want.

I'm also having trouble getting telemetry from NAZE32. I've tried connecting the UART TX/RX to the NAZE32 serial port, and also I've tried setting up a soft-serial port. Neither gives me any telemetry feedback into the goggles. Any help appreciated!
2018-3-18
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Ireland

fans3e91db3e Posted at 2018-3-18 09:23
I'm also having trouble getting telemetry from NAZE32. I've tried connecting the UART TX/RX to the NAZE32 serial port, and also I've tried setting up a soft-serial port. Neither gives me any telemetry feedback into the goggles. Any help appreciated!

There is a list of software related problems in RcGroups. I will copy it here:

1. Air unit defaults to center sticks on all channels when the uplinked PPM signal is shut off.
(this causes the throttle to jump to mid stick)

2. The reticle (bullseye) used as an aide in headtracking will appear even when turned off in the setup menu.
I have also seen this reticle/bullseye being randomly drawn on the outsides of the video picture in a very erratic fashion. I will try to get a picture of that later.

3. The auto iris makes visible F stop steps when closing down the electronic iris.

4 When the PPM plug is inserted into the goggles the audio cues when menu items are selected disappears . This is not constant behaviour. I always use PPM cable. Still, sometimes sounds are on and sometimes they are off without any logic.

5. Neutral point (1500) for RC chanels (aileron & yaw chanels) drifts when I set telemetry on in Betaflight. They will drift even more when I select Mavlink-protocol. If I select Mavlink protocol and arm my quad, neutral point for aileron chanel will jump from 1500 to 1526 and yaw chanel from 1500 to 1505.

6. Smartport telemetry stopped working after upgrading to FW 01.00.200. With FW 01.00.200 telemetry worked as long as my quad was disarmed but arming would constantly kill it. I downgraded back to FW 01.00.100 but telemetry didn't came back. Then I upgraded to FW 01.00.200 again. Smartport telemetry didn't came back. Mavlink telemetry worked but it messed neutral points for my RC chanels so I couldn't fly my quad.

7. Wireless setup 'Auto 2.4 & 5.8GHz’ causes unexpected and severe range issues even at very short range. Fixed chanels work ok.

8. Sudden rolls of death (this one needs verification!)

9. Battery lasts much less than originally (I haven't charged it more than 10 times). If i charge the battery full on Friday it will be empty on Sunday even if I don't use my goggles meanwhile. The battery used to last more than week. Doens't it really last more than 10 cycles or is there an active discharge cirucuit in my goggles that will start discharging right after I unplug the charger???

10. Flickering/vertical green bar problem with the analog racing mode

11. When I install the Assistant 2 software my Norton Antivirus warns that there is a Trojan Gen 2 virus in \dji product\dji assistant 2\assistant\visionstarter.exe

12. 960p video feed is over-exposed but 720p works ok. There is a reported workaround for this problem: One should install the latest version of the software - DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.3 and re-install the latest firmware for Air Unit & Goggles. However, that particular software version is available uder Mavic Air section of DJI support only. In Goggles RE's support section they still have the faulty version 2 v.1.2.0 so it is very unlikely that a person who would need the upgrade would find it.
2018-3-23
Use props
olegfly
lvl.2
United States

My telemetry locks up immediately and is frozen up. Is there a fix?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KPWcaSHnW8zEWvf29
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_1bZfdd2y53AK
New
United Kingdom

Hello,  I had the same issue (telem freezing when armed, resets when not), this can be fixed by turning off telemetry in the betaflight configuration menu, counterintuitive i know. If the telemetry only works when the quad is off, and stops when it is armed, that's the reverse of how telemetry is supposed to work. I also set a manual baud rate at 57600 but that will depend on your board & version & software used (e.g BF). Running latest firmware on both goggles as of today (5/7/18). running BF 3.3.0
Hope this helps anyone else who's struggling to run telemetry as i was. Same issue can be replicated if the telem works whilst plugged into a pc, but fails when not plugged in.
2018-7-5
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Ireland

djiuser_1bZfdd2y53AK Posted at 2018-7-5 08:11
Hello,  I had the same issue (telem freezing when armed, resets when not), this can be fixed by turning off telemetry in the betaflight configuration menu, counterintuitive i know. If the telemetry only works when the quad is off, and stops when it is armed, that's the reverse of how telemetry is supposed to work. I also set a manual baud rate at 57600 but that will depend on your board & version & software used (e.g BF). Running latest firmware on both goggles as of today (5/7/18). running BF 3.3.0
Hope this helps anyone else who's struggling to run telemetry as i was. Same issue can be replicated if the telem works whilst plugged into a pc, but fails when not plugged in.

Telemetry works fine with BF 3.3.4 here. Are you using Mavlink protocol?

2018-7-5
Use props
fans3e91db3e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United Kingdom

Yrjoah Posted at 2018-2-25 22:13

I have exactly the same problem with Omnibus F4 / Betaflight 3.3.2 and latest occusync firmware. Telemetry works fine when not armed, but freezes when armed.
2018-7-7
Use props
Picofly
lvl.4
Finland

fans3e91db3e Posted at 2018-7-7 01:28
I have exactly the same problem with Omnibus F4 / Betaflight 3.3.2 and latest occusync firmware. Telemetry works fine when not armed, but freezes when armed.

I used to have the same issue  but changing telemetry  protocol from Smartport to Mavlink solved the problem.
2018-7-7
Use props
djiuser_1bZfdd2y53AK
New
United Kingdom

Picofly Posted at 2018-7-7 12:08
I used to have the same issue  but changing telemetry  protocol from Smartport to Mavlink solved the problem.

Hello,

I've tried all of the above steps but still haven't managed to get long and lat GPS working on the goggles osc. They both just state N/A. The telemetry gps works perfectly on the taranis and normal osd though. Everything wired up and functioning fine. Very strange. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
2018-7-13
Use props
Picofly
lvl.4
Finland

djiuser_1bZfdd2y53AK Posted at 2018-7-13 07:48
Hello,

I've tried all of the above steps but still haven't managed to get long and lat GPS working on the goggles osc. They both just state N/A. The telemetry gps works perfectly on the taranis and normal osd though. Everything wired up and functioning fine. Very strange. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Which firmware version you are using?
2018-7-16
Use props
hLxI7kib3xd3
lvl.1

United States

Can confirm that if you disable telemetry in configuration of Betaflight the DJI goggles will receive telemetry when armed. Had the same issue as everyone. Worked when disarmed (with Smartport, and MAVlink) but when armed, it would lock up.

Disable telemetry. Works.

Nice!
2019-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules