Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Noise Fix?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carson22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98 ft

United States

My Phantom 3 Pro's motor sounds like there is some sand it in. When I spin it it sounds gritty and abnormal. If someone can tell me if I need a new motor or how I can fix it that would be great. I have opened the shell and cleaned and blown out everything with air. Sometimes when I spin them they'll get stuck and then break loose again.
2018-2-23
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

That's not good , i presume if you blew out the shell you also blew out the motors ? , there may be debris trapped so if it were mine i would change them all  ( for what they cost ) just to be on the safe side .
2018-2-23
Use props
Carson22
lvl.1

United States

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-2-23 11:56
That's not good , i presume if you blew out the shell you also blew out the motors ? , there may be debris trapped so if it were mine i would change them all  ( for what they cost ) just to be on the safe side .

I did blow out the motors as well. How easy are the motors to change. Does it require soldering?
2018-2-23
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

I have not changed motors myself but i believe it its straight forward and does require soldering  , if you are in  doubt  you could send it back to DJI for a quote ?
2018-2-23
Use props
Peo
Captain
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

Keep in mind that small iron particles may enter the magnet of the engines.
2018-2-23
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Carson22 Posted at 2018-2-23 12:11
I did blow out the motors as well. How easy are the motors to change. Does it require soldering?

Plenty of videos on youtube for motor change.
2018-2-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Motor replacement is not hard. Yes, you need to solder though. You need a good iron, one that gets hot enough to remove the existing wires fairly quickly. You don't want to have to hold the iron on the mother board for an extended period of time, to keep from damaging something else. Remove the wire from the main board is easier than splicing the wires as far as I concerned. I have done probably motor replacements on 5-6 phantoms now. The motors are cheap, around $18-$20. I would replace them all if it was me.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Carson, please shoot a video about the situation and I would forward it to our engineers for further check.
2018-2-23
Use props
adam
New

Pakistan

It is recommended to change the motors to prevent any crashes due to a mid flight motor failure.
You can check our website for replacement parts.

Adam - Technical Advisor at Dronerr Parts, the place to buy all your drone replacement parts.
https://Dronerr.co.uk
2018-5-27
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

adam@dronnerparts Posted at 2018-5-27 07:00
It is recommended to change the motors to prevent any crashes due to a mid flight motor failure.

Who on earth would lay their trust of getting their gear repaired of someone who can't read and begin waking up old threads all over just for the advertise itself!
2018-5-27
Use props
Dronerr Shop
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I am really sorry about this, I had hoped to employ someone who could be genuinely helpful on the forums and help raise brand awareness for our company, so I decided to do a trial of someone who seemed very knowledgeable about drones in the hope that he could answer people's questions and that eventually people would become aware of our company, but I didn't want any hard advertising like this and I also asked him to do it on the Phantom pilots forum rather than this one as you can add a short signature there, which is not against the rules.

I can assure you that I will not be hiring him again as this has had completely the opposite effect - he wasn't helpful and it makes our brand look bad. I have asked him to delete the posts and I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes

Olly - CEO at Dronerr.co.uk
2018-5-27
Use props
Carson22
lvl.1

United States

Dronerr Shop Posted at 2018-5-27 09:34
Hi,

I am really sorry about this, I had hoped to employ someone who could be genuinely helpful on the forums and help raise brand awareness for our company, so I decided to do a trial of someone who seemed very knowledgeable about drones in the hope that he could answer people's questions and that eventually people would become aware of our company, but I didn't want any hard advertising like this and I also asked him to do it on the Phantom pilots forum rather than this one as you can add a short signature there, which is not against the rules.

Don't need help anymore. I just went for it and it worked. I turned the drone on and prepared for flight and and hovered and the small gravel and debris flew right out. I landed back down and then hand turned them and there were no more noise
2018-5-30
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
First Officer

United States

adam@dronnerparts Posted at 5-27 07:00

Read your disclaimer post and mea culpa after this but blaming it on an employee? SMH
2018-12-24
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Carson22 Posted at 5-30 11:30
Don't need help anymore. I just went for it and it worked. I turned the drone on and prepared for flight and and hovered and the small gravel and debris flew right out. I landed back down and then hand turned them and there were no more noise

Nice one ..

Even though this will cause some to post that its all BS ... I can assure it is not.

I have in the past unbolted the motors one by one ... (I make a small mark to show which was first) .. Turn AC upside down and have motor tilted slightly so I can get a toothpick and a drop of very light sewing machine oil onto the shaft bearing area. Spin by hand .. then right way up and bolt motor back. Move to next one and so on...

The motors do NOT have sealed bearings ... they are SHIELDED bearings. This means that the oil DOES wick in and DOES not create any problems as some claim.

This is actually a common practice for many RC users of Brushless motors ...

OK - about debris .. the general BL motor being unpluggable can be 'washed' even in fresh water to remove debris. But if the debris is ferrous or trapped between magnets - this is a problem that needs care. Usually dismantling motor to clean the inside of the bell. DJI do not make it easy in the motors they have bought in ... and of course the hardwiring in.

just mentioning ...

Nigel
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules