Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
After firmware update compass will not calibrate?? Help
1445 8 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stayathome29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52707 ft
United States

Hi all,

I finally did the update and wish I hadn't now that I have this problem. I did the update and the text file said it was a success so I took the Inspire outside and turned it on, it says in the pilot app that the compass needs to calibrate, I tap calibrate and it pops up a message and I click ok and it takes me to the main screen and sits there, the calibrate window never opens to show how to rotate it. I rotate it anyways and it never calibrates. I go into advance, sensors and nothing in that screen has any readings and check imu or calibrate doesn't respond when pressed. I am frustrated at this point and could use a little help if anyone can talk me through this.

Thanks,

Scott
2015-5-2
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Is everything updated? Bird, RC, Batt, App? What device are you running the app?
2015-5-3
Use props
stayathome29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52707 ft
United States

FlyingSquirrel Posted at 2015-5-4 07:00
Is everything updated? Bird, RC, Batt, App? What device are you running the app?

Bird is updated, I didn't bother doing anything else once the problems set in. Should I ? I use the pilot app on my Galaxy S5.
2015-5-3
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Yes, I would. It could be an app failure. As I understand all components need to be talking to each other and if the firm is not the same compatible version you will most likely have hick-ups. Update everything and try again.
2015-5-4
Use props
jayson
lvl.1

United States

I have same issue, running Android 5.1 on Nexus 7. Havent tried with an IOS device yet. I am unable to calibrate compass.
2015-5-12
Use props
tc_chay
lvl.3
Brunei

I'm using iOS and calibrate well..... however i noticed that the camera will turn right or left with the left stick moving right or left. is this normal? i only notice this after the update.
2015-5-12
Use props
nigel.keene

United Kingdom

stayathome29@ya Posted at 2015-5-4 07:48
Bird is updated, I didn't bother doing anything else once the problems set in. Should I ? I use th ...

Did you resolve this as I am having the same problem?!

N
2015-5-13
Use props
DCGOO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 960564 ft
United States

stayathome29@ya Posted at 2015-5-4 07:48
Bird is updated, I didn't bother doing anything else once the problems set in. Should I ? I use th ...

You must update everything:  the bird, the RCs, and the APP. It is a system
2015-5-13
Use props
blackbox
lvl.4

Switzerland

To start calibration withou the app, just flip several times the fligh mode (p a f) switch on the left of the remote.
The tail led will change color to show that calibration starts.
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules