Hopefully this gets someone's attention at DJI. Mavic Air Survey
2253 23 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Reading this forum for awhile I noticed a lot of issues and I have had a few of them being this is my first real Drone from a manufacture and after a little learning curve the mavic air is a dream but not for all as I have read. All my other drones were frankenstened together not that that is a bad thing I have never seen so many issues with a new drone.

This is just some of the issues I have come across in this forum.
Take the poll maybe its not that bad but maybe it is and DJI can fix the issues.

Thanks
Happy Flying
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 11 entry optional ), Total 81 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

1.44% (2)
3.60% (5)
2.88% (4)
2.88% (4)
2.88% (4)
0.72% (1)
0.72% (1)
26.62% (37)
6.47% (9)
27.34% (38)
6.47% (9)
2.16% (3)
15.83% (22)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-2-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I have really no idea how you come to this poll if not from own experience. Please post what precisely is not working for you and then we can find the solution together, ok? ;-)
2018-2-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think it was the same with Spark and Mavic Pro when they came out.
Lot's of things that needed attention from the DJI developers.
But also a lot of user related errors that got attention.

Now with a new complex product that will happen. But not just at DJI
The only difference is that most of the DJI products fall out of the sky when something unexpected happens.
Remember the Nikon D600 disaster. But that camera only got some oil drops on the sensor (that was bad enough), nothing falling and breaking.
So in fact the first buyers are batch testers in some way.

2018-2-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

And one more thing.
A forum (in general) attracts people who have questions / problems etc.
So that is what you will read a lot.
That is not just with DJI.
2018-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Think you may be mixing up the fact that you are on a forum, where most here come to complain, I could go through your whole poll and try to explain why it makes very little sense but I don’t have the time , having been around here for most of dji’s drone launches MavAir is by far the one drone with the lowest amount of issues I’ve seen yet, I think your poll will just cause confusion, the vast amount of people using MavAir are having no problems but you chose not to consider those emitting them from your poll.
2018-2-23
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

Well I had disconnect problems and after a few flights and looking around i found out there were some antennas transmitting to the hospital about a mile away and the problem always happened at the same alt.and same spot problem solved. Don't fly in that area.

I had a gimbal issue but found from taking off of the grass and not a pad grass got caught up in there. Problem solved got a pad

There just seems to be so many issues and so many post about the same issue why not put it in one poll and just see what is going on.

I have never had to use there support would I you bet but this forum seems to be a big help a lot of knowledgeable people on here.
So far everything is working as it should as of now

I am very happy with DJI so far would I buy another one I sure would. There is alway problems with a new products working in the aircraft industry.
I see it all the time but you have to make a list and work it out. So I made a list.
2018-2-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-23 13:35
Think you may be mixing up the fact that you are on a forum, where most here come to complain, I could go through your whole poll and try to explain why it makes very little sense but I don’t have the time , having been around here for most of dji’s drone launches MavAir is by far the one drone with the lowest amount of issues I’ve seen yet, I think your poll will just cause confusion, the vast amount of people using MavAir are having no problems but you chose not to consider those emitting them from your poll.

I have to agree with you on that. I’ve had no real issues with the Mavic Air, and I’m very happy with it. One disconnect and an RTF, but it was 500m away and on the other side of a hill - came back fine.
2018-2-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

sky6105 Posted at 2018-2-23 13:37
Well I had disconnect problems and after a few flights and looking around i found out there were some antennas transmitting to the hospital about a mile away and the problem always happened at the same alt.and same spot problem solved. Don't fly in that area.

I had a gimbal issue but found from taking off of the grass and not a pad grass got caught up in there. Problem solved got a pad

You see, to start with all seems to be well for you apart of some little things that are solved now. My suggestion would be that we all focus on real problems when they occur rather than perceived ones and try to help solving them .
2018-2-23
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

to OP. better add user error and yourself to the poll then
edit:  but to be fair.  i launched my P3P from the snow the other day and some got snow on the gimbal and it froze solid in the air.  user error here too.
2018-2-23
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've got several DJI drones and the Mavic Air is the only drone to give me a problem when I first got it.  Its sorted now.

When I got my Mavic Air (and again, this is not my only nor first DJI drone) I read and perused the manual, plugged in everything and knew there would be updates.  This is also the first time I only used my tablet to do the updates.  I usually use DJI Assistant.

After every upgrade, firmware and geofencing, I'd restart my entire set-up.  When it finally stopped telling me I needed to do updates, I did one final power-cycle.  I took it outside and powered it all up.  Everything looked good, home point set and I took off.  At only about 500' ft away, the video feed flickered and went away.  I got the message about last video signal. then before I could do anything it said I lost contact with the drone.  It worked like it should and initiated an RTH.  All the way back the image would appear and disappear.  I let it fly till it was over the take-off point and let it descend till it was about 20' where I landed it.   

When it got on the ground it was complaining about needing a Compass Cal, and something like it was in the wrong region and needing an update.  This time I used DJI assistant and sure enough there was yet another FW upgrade... I did all that and now its flying just fine...

But this is the first DJI drone that I've ever had any type of issues with...
2018-2-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have yet to discover the Air's video/photo quality being 'way better than the Mavic Pro's' as decribed by many Youtube reviews. But apart from this and the relatively shorter radio range, I feel lucky to find none of the 12 options above applies to me.
2018-2-23
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love my Air. I ordered it the day it was announced and received it about 3 weeks ago.  I have had zero problems.  

2018-2-23
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-23 13:30
I think it was the same with Spark and Mavic Pro when they came out.
Lot's of things that needed attention from the DJI developers.
But also a lot of user related errors that got attention.

I totally agree with you on this one. There's always going to be some hiccups on new releases.
2018-2-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

dji TO88 Posted at 2018-2-23 20:30
I totally agree with you on this one. There's always going to be some hiccups on new releases.

Yes, that is sure.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for bringing us the attention and we appreciate much of you guys' support. We do hope our users can report to us when an issue exists, and basically, problems need to be evaluated case by case. We appreciate any feedback to us which might help us to understand our users' situation or provide us with the needs regarding our drones, and it could also help a lot to optimize/improve our product and get the issue resolved.
2018-2-24
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-24 00:54
Thank you for bringing us the attention and we appreciate much of you guys' support. We do hope our users can report to us when an issue exists, and basically, problems need to be evaluated case by case. We appreciate any feedback to us which might help us to understand our users' situation or provide us with the needs regarding our drones, and it could also help a lot to optimize/improve our product and get the issue resolved.

Hi DJI Thor,

First of all, thank you for scouering the issues here on the forum.

Could you enlighten us if the lens distortion issue which was raised in this topic has been forwarded to your engineers? Judging by the number of posts of people saying they suffer this issue it seems quite a common.

The issue is also being raised on other forums:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-air-bad-camera-lens.34076/
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... ng-awareness.35548/

I would like to know if this issue is being worked on.

2018-2-24
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

You have to look at things statistically, millions of DJI drones are sold all over the world, if you look at how many people are having "Actual" problems it is relatively few.

BTW you need a poll entry "No Problems so Far"
2018-2-24
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Sky maybe you need a better device? I never get disconnects and i have the s8+ my mavic air has been pretty good to me..... my mavic Pro on the other hand has gave me some problems
2018-2-24
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Also pick a better spot to fly?  And takeoff from...
2018-2-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-24 07:23
You have to look at things statistically, millions of DJI drones are sold all over the world, if you look at how many people are having "Actual" problems it is relatively few.

BTW you need a poll entry "No Problems so Far"

Very true indeed.
2018-2-24
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I remember from a marketing class I took (back when we made things using stone tools) where the professor said, "An unhappy customer will tell 20 people, but a happy customer may only tell one or two".  So, our forum gets an inordinate amount of negative postings likely due to that "Marketing 101 rule".
2018-2-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many of the problems I read about are User error. The 2 points the OP mention are just not using common sense. Also other problems are with using tablets or phones that don't have the processing power or have not got the latest version of their software installed.

If you go with the tried and tested Ipad mini 3 or 4 you will be fine.

Dennis
2018-2-24
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

25% of voters had problems with their Mavic...
2018-2-26
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

That's not bad with only 78 people voting. Question 8,10 and 13 people are very satisfied Question 12 is very low along with the rest.So far only a handfull are having proplems and it looks like DJI is looking into the problems with there responses on other topics.
This is a fantastic product and after all the pilot errors I finally figured it out. Enjoying it every chance I get.

2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules