length of time to charge a battery with the phantom 3 pro ?
12853 11 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Hello : Anyone know what the length of time to charge a battery with the phantom 3 pro ? . thanks

2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI states about an hour on the Pro and about an hour and a half on the Advanced.  100w vs 57w.
2015-5-2
Use props
nikolaus.knabl
lvl.2

Germany

video from german beta tester:
apx. 59mins with the 100W charger
2015-5-2
Use props
joel.i.johnson.
lvl.1

United States

I actually just discovered a problem with my Pro battery and charger. I Ran it down to 11% and it would not charge. Just blinked green in three pulse increments. Then after about a half hour of leaving it plugged in it finally started charging. My guess is battery temp needs to be low?
2015-5-2
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-3 03:27
DJI states about an hour on the Pro and about an hour and a half on the Advanced.  100w vs 57w.

thanks and appreciate the work and help you do in the forum ..
2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

joel.i.johnson. Posted at 2015-5-3 04:54
I actually just discovered a problem with my Pro battery and charger. I Ran it down to 11% and it wo ...

It has to cool down.  I know that is hard right now with only one battery.  When they become available then you can give them a rest in-between charges and still be in the air.
2015-5-2
Use props
rog3rba11
New

United States

I've charged my battery on the Professional charger and its taken no longer than 35-40 minutes each charge.  The RC controller takes much longer.  I haven't been able to get the lights to go out.  I left it on the charger for at least 3 hours and the lights just blink 1, 2, 3, 4. so I just pushed the power button to check the charge and all 4 lights came on so I took it off the charger.  

Has anyone else had to charge the RC controller with the same results?
2015-5-2
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Does the Inspire charger work for Phantom 3?  
2015-5-3
Use props
tejones777
lvl.1

United States

joel.i.johnson. Posted at 2015-5-3 04:54
I actually just discovered a problem with my Pro battery and charger. I Ran it down to 11% and it wo ...

I've run into this too.

I never had a problem with a Phantom 2 battery, but apparently (according to Inspire Forum posts) Inspire and Phantom 3 batteries have very strict temperature limits before they will charge.  It's been said you can't recharge right after a flight, you have to wait half an hour, or you get this error flash (4th light flashing 3 times, then pause, then 3 times, then pause, repeatedly.)  I'm not sure if this is documented anywhere well (maybe for the Inspire only.)  But the Inspire documents say 2 flashes mean the battery is too hot, 3 flashes mean the battery is too cool.  I think it may be the opposite on the Phantom 3, as mine always flashes 3 times when battery is too warm.

This is a bit of a problem, as the recharge time will then be the cool-down time (which is about 20-30 minutes for my two recharges) plus the actual charge time.

Sure could use a second battery.  Maybe I got a dud.

- Thomas.
2015-5-3
Use props
tejones777
lvl.1

United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-5-3 22:37
Does the Inspire charger work for Phantom 3?

Great Question:  This is an accident waiting to happen!!!

The two chargers have identical connectors, so you could accidentally plug the wrong one into the wrong battery.  

That may not be a big problem if you plug the phantom 2 charger into a phantom 3 battery (that's a lower voltage, 12.6 volts, so I suspect it just won't charge.)  

But if you plug a phantom 3 charger into a phantom 2 battery (17.4 volts) I wonder if the battery can regulate it, or if you're likely to get fire.

Anyone want to try it?  I'm too chicken, and while losing a phantom 2 battery wouldn't be bad, losing my phantom 3 charger would ground me until spare parts available.

Surely DJI could have made the connectors not match.  They made it so you can't put the P2 batteries into the P3, so why couldn't they have changed the charger connectors too?

- Thomas.
2015-5-3
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

I've been looking into other options to keep run time going.  One battery, a pain.  I have a second battery coming and will buy a third.   I'm going to configure my fileld charger to output 17.5 volts and 5.7 amp to charge while I'm out flying. I purchased an adapter to attach to the phantom battery.   So, one battery charges, one cools, one flys.   If I can get the charger to output those parameters, I'm good to go.  Otherwise, I'll get an inverter and charge with the wall charger in the field.
2015-5-3
Use props
todd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1063389 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine took 80 minutes to go from 20% to 100%. Normally fliers would take them down to 30%.
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules