New Osmo Mobile Owner needs help
1233 12 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zBiApYg2Sl3A
lvl.1

United States

Hello!

I am a new osmo mobile 2 owner, never had one before and I can't seem to figure out how this works. There doesn't appear to be any help using the DJI go app and am not sure of all the features or how to use them. I did the tutorial which was basic but not good enough. There are 2 you tube videos that helped a bit but now that I updated firmware and set up the unit I am clueless on how to use it!  I share this detail so you know I looked, read all the posts on this forum for the Mobile 2 and found no help on support site... Am I missing something? Can someone help me or direct me to resources to help? I am techncailly savvy and advanced photgraoher but this experience has made me feel like a dope.

Thank you!
AG
2018-2-23
Use props
待疯狂的渣渣
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61214 ft
Hong Kong

this link may help:
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. I would recommend you read the user manual carefully. Or you can watch the video in the following link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ/search?query=osmo+mobile+2 Please inform us if you need help.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Newbie
lvl.1

United States

Hello!  

This helps a bit however I am uncertain the mounting of my phone, balancing and all the stuff prior to powering it on is correct. I am reading and experiencing the same issues as some where ether phone is not level on its own regardless of how I adjust it.  Very limp and unsteady is the best I can describe it. I can get close then turn power on but the reaction and pan motion seems off leading me out believe its defective as similar experiences posted. I don't find the motion of the gimbal very smooth or accurate. Idid an auto calibration in the DJI app and that seems to hep but still not what I would call smooth. Pre ordered from apple and wonder if I got one of an early batch of bad devices as others experienced.
2018-2-24
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Have you taken the phone out of its case?  What phone model are you using?
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Newbie
lvl.1

United States

I watched this video https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D533%26typeid%3D533  and at the 2:10 mark it shows what should happen when balancing prior to powering on. I can't get mine to do that and hold still no matter how I adjust it. Its moves around, Ican get it to be flat and horizontal but only with the camera facing the table surface and not as he shows it... Leading me to believe its defective gimbal.  
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Newbie
lvl.1

United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-24 19:29
Have you taken the phone out of its case?  What phone model are you using?

Hi, yes with an without the case. Its iPhone X and my intention is to use a moment case with moment lens at some point assuming I get it to work.
2018-2-24
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Newbie Posted at 2018-2-24 19:31
Hi, yes with an without the case. Its iPhone X and my intention is to use a moment case with moment lens at some point assuming I get it to work.

Well, I may have an answer for you.  I have read in earlier posts about folks having trouble with the iPhone X.  The issue is that the "X" has a sort of reflective backing.  On your Osmo, there is a sensor in the phone holder that confirms to the OSMO that a phone is mounted.  Well, apparently that shiny "X" backing somehow doesn't register with the sensor.  What the folks who have written about this recommend is taping a white business card over that sensor, then mounting the phone.  Might this be your problem?
2018-2-24
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-24 21:22
Well, I may have an answer for you.  I have read in earlier posts about folks having trouble with the iPhone X.  The issue is that the "X" has a sort of reflective backing.  On your Osmo, there is a sensor in the phone holder that confirms to the OSMO that a phone is mounted.  Well, apparently that shiny "X" backing somehow doesn't register with the sensor.  What the folks who have written about this recommend is taping a white business card over that sensor, then mounting the phone.  Might this be your problem?

There is no sensor on the Osmo Mobile 2 so that is not a problem for the iPhone X and the guys from Moment have already tested the Osmo Mobile 2 with their moment lens and the iPhone X during this gimbal shootout.

2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Newbie
lvl.1

United States

Good Morning! Thank you for the replies and feedback. I hadn’t seen that review on moment yet so that was helpful. So now what? Is there a better review or video that shows me how to confirm I am mounting the phone correctly or if in fact I have a defective unit. I noticed than the moment video that they seem to have the phone between  the outside of the clamp not in between the groove of the clamp.  Meaning there is silicone indent in holder that is for the phone to fit.  That's not possible with any case. How sensitive is it? Is it a dealbreaker that the unit can’t keep the phone upright after mounting? Does there fact that the unit will start and hold position and do auto calibration good enough? Perhaps I am over thinking it and since ive never had one or really know how to use it am not aware of what normal is?

Thank you!
AG
2018-2-25
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Newbie Posted at 2018-2-25 05:34
Good Morning! Thank you for the replies and feedback. I hadn’t seen that review on moment yet so that was helpful. So now what? Is there a better review or video that shows me how to confirm I am mounting the phone correctly or if in fact I have a defective unit. I noticed than the moment video that they seem to have the phone between  the outside of the clamp not in between the groove of the clamp.  Meaning there is silicone indent in holder that is for the phone to fit.  That's not possible with any case. How sensitive is it? Is it a dealbreaker that the unit can’t keep the phone upright after mounting? Does there fact that the unit will start and hold position and do auto calibration good enough? Perhaps I am over thinking it and since ive never had one or really know how to use it am not aware of what normal is?

Thank you!

Forget about balancing with a moment lens for now as moment will sell you a counterweight to take care of the extra weight needed to offset the moment case and lens.

For now, I would just concentrate on learning how to balance your iPhone X without any case so that the phone will balance at any point in either the roll (x) or pitch (y) directions. Start by putting the iPhone X into the OM2 with the phone all the way against the stopper on the pitch motor.

The adjustment for balancing in the roll direction is done by adjusting the length of the arm attached to the roll motor.  

The adjustment for balancing in the pitch direction is done by adjusting the two grabbers holding the phone. Look at the back of the phone holder piece and start with the phone positioned in the grabbers so that there is an equal amount of spread for each grabber.  Now test your pitch balance and adjust as necessary (a little bit of adjustment goes a long way).
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Newbie
lvl.1

United States

Good Morning!

I haven't tried with the moment case or lens yet. I tried with and without a thin clear case with the same results.  The best I can get is the screen level but facing downwards, not up facing me as in the videos. I will try again and see what happens... Thank you!
2018-2-27
Use props
Idi
New
United Arab Emirates

DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Newbie Posted at 2018-2-24 19:29
I watched this video https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=137021&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D533%26typeid%3D533  and at the 2:10 mark it shows what should happen when balancing prior to powering on. I can't get mine to do that and hold still no matter how I adjust it. Its moves around, Ican get it to be flat and horizontal but only with the camera facing the table surface and not as he shows it... Leading me to believe its defective gimbal.

Yes, I have the same case. After balancing the X and Y axis, the phone screen will only face downward. I can't seem to get the phone screen facing me before turning on the gimbal.

Is this normal?
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules