Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bought a tablet just for flying.....question
490 8 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tridiver
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do I need to have this active with my cell number??  How would it acquire GPS without??  I have downloaded the app via wifi but it won't open.  Wondering if it is looking for a cell connection??  Thx  Bolton
2018-2-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

No you don't need a phone number for a dedicated device. But what drone are you using it with?

A Phantom 3 Standard?

RedHotPoker
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Tridiver. Did you try to reinstall the app? Please tell me the model of your device. Please download it from the official app store. You don't have to active the cell number but you need a DJI account.  
2018-2-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GPS has nothing to do with the Internet or cell reception, it is a totally seperate system. The aircraft has a GPS receiver built into it, and uses that GPS system for navigation, not the one in your phone or tablet. You will need to be able to reach the Internet when you download, setup and register the aircraft, but that can be done via WiFi from your tablet to your home WiFi system. After that, you will need to login to the DJI servers via the App and from then on you will not need any Internet connection. What tablet did you buy?
2018-2-23
Use props
Tridiver
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes I did Elelctra, couple of times.  I believe it was from you store.  The phone is a LG G pad  VK 810.  How does it get a GPS signal with no cell connection??  Thx for your help   Bolton
2018-2-23
Use props
Tridiver
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm flying a P3P!
2018-2-23
Use props
Tridiver
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I'm being a dumbass.  I didn't think before I asked the GPS question.  Sorry.  I got an LG G Pad vk 810
2018-2-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Tridiver Posted at 2018-2-23 20:15
Sorry, I'm being a dumbass.  I didn't think before I asked the GPS question.  Sorry.  I got an LG G Pad vk 810

I hope the LG works for you, there is only one LG model on the approved list, and I don't think it is your version. For the P3P you need to install the Go App, not the Go4 version. If it does not open, that does not look good.
2018-2-23
Use props
Tridiver
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yea, this sucks.  I may have just bought a tablet for something else.  No biggie, I buy the right one now!!  Thanks.  Sucks tho, the screen on this tab kicks ass!!  Thx  Bolton
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules