Cannot connect my new OSMO Mobile 2 to my iPhone 7+
5889 11 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6c498fdb
lvl.1

United States

Have been trying for 3 days...called DJI tech assistance and follow all instructions including downgrading my iOS system from 11.2.6 to 11.2.5 (this took almost and entire day since you have to create a complete backup and then downgrade most of your applications on the phone. After all that, I try to connect (yes, the bluetooth on the phone "see" the OSMO) and when I get to the "activate" button on the app I receive the message "invalid device." And, of course, the OSMO is turned on and fully charged. I think my unit is DOA and am considering returning it to the Apple store where I purchased it. Before I do that...does anyone have any other suggestions. By the way, one of the techs asked me to take a photo of the error message because he didn't recall ever seeing it before (seems strange they would not be familiar with their own error messages.
2018-2-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you use the DJI GO app dropdown list to select OSMO Mobile 2 before you tried to connect?
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please tell me the SN number of your osmo mobile and provide a screenshot about the situation for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-24
Use props
CoastalRick
lvl.1

United States

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-2-23 23:01
Did you use the DJI GO app dropdown list to select OSMO Mobile 2 before you tried to connect?

Yes I did. Went through the process several times.
2018-2-24
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoastalRick Posted at 2018-2-24 09:33
Yes I did. Went through the process several times.

Do you already have it connected to another phone?  It will not connect if it is already paired with another phone.  I normally just shut off the other phone and then it works.
2018-2-24
Use props
CoastalRick
lvl.1

United States

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-2-23 23:01

Yes I did...
2018-2-24
Use props
CoastalRick
lvl.1

United States

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-2-24 11:16
Do you already have it connected to another phone?  It will not connect if it is already paired with another phone.  I normally just shut off the other phone and then it works.

No it is not (and never been) connected to any other phone or device.
2018-2-24
Use props
CoastalRick
lvl.1

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-24 00:12
Hi, there. Please tell me the SN number of your osmo mobile and provide a screenshot about the situation for further check. Thanks for your support.

https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/file:///Users/rickvalasek/Downloads/IMG_1731%20(1).PNG error message which reads: "invalid device" SN is 198DF1R002006G
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

CoastalRick Posted at 2018-2-24 11:26
[view_image] error message which reads: "invalid device" SN is 198DF1R002006G

Thanks for your update. I would forward it to our designated department to deal with it.
2018-2-27
Use props
waterironbro
lvl.3
Hong Kong

DOA is your best choice.
2018-2-27
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I had a similar issue in the beginning the app would not detect the om2.  I went to the Bluetooth settings on my iphone and selected forget this device a couple of times until it worked.  It still does it once in a while and won't connect but in my case I only use the app for hyperlapses.  For everything else, I use Filmicpro and still it isn't perfect.  I was getting more noticeable jitter recording on the DJI Go app.  My advice, is try to swap it for a new one.  You shouldn't have to be downgrading your phone's firmware to use any device.  I still believe the DJI Go app is glitchy.  Save the headache and get a replacement.   
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

@ all: Thank you, everybody, for your advise and contribution.

This is what I did:
        •        Factory-restore iPhone
        •        upload DJI Go and connect OM2
        •        shoot a test-video…..
        •        transfer via DJI Editor WORKS       
        •        Re-install my apps from back-up
        •        do all the settings, scans of Touch-fingerprints, credit-cards etc.etc.
        •        Open DJI GO and start OM2
        •        OM2 fails to connect with app (in spite that iPhone is connected to OM2)
        •        Restart iPhone, no connection between app and gimbal
        •        Remove DJI Go app from iPhone and reload from app store
        •        Connection works, but red button to start video-record does no function
        •        Manually taken video does not transfer via DJI Editor

Start from scratch
        •        Factory-restore iPhone
        •        upload DJI Go and connect OM2
        •        shoot a test-video…..
        •        transfer via DJI Editor WORKS
        •        Re-install my apps from an older back-up (done prior of OM2 purchase)
        •        do all the settings, scans of touch-fingerprints, credit-cards etc.etc.
        •        Open DJI GO and start OM2, all connections work
        •        shoot a test video
        •        transfer via DJI Editor does NOT WORK (Failed to save file…)

All day waisted....meanwhile still no response from DJI support....am I surprised?

@Joemar7
Followed your advise to on-connect and then reconnect OM2 five times....didn't work.
Will follow your advise and return the gimbal for replacement, although I cannot imagine that the hardware triggers the issue...must be the app IMO.

Thanks guys.

(Above for the record, just in case anyone else has the same issue)
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules