How many of you have eyes on your drones?
3365 16 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

I have a set of eyes on my drone. Its a good deterent the scare birds away. My drone looks upset. LOL

Drone eyes

Drone eyes
2018-2-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Wedge,

Interesting approach to a problem often expressed on this Forum.  In my own case, I have never had a problem with birds here.  We all seem to get along.  The ducks seem to be quite interested but fly too fast for me to catch them on video.  They do come back a few times though, so getting video of them should not be a problem if that was the interest.

I would be interested to hear if your approach does work.  BTW, you might want to put some eyes on the back of your Phantom to.  Many bird attacks come from behind as reported here on the Forum.  Sea gulls and birds during reproductive seasons appear to be the most aggressive.

The angry eyes just make the Phantom look like a raptor though.  What if a raptor finds your Phantom attractive?  Well, that may be a way to get a Mavic Air or a Spark for cheap!

Keep us posted!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-2-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

mmmmmm I fly most types of RC including Multi Rotors .... at present I am setting up a scratchbuilt RC Eagle .....

Here is a photo taken of the designers Rc Eagle and it ATTRACTS birds ... not scare them away !

Nigel
2018-2-24
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-2-24 00:50
Aloha Wedge,

Interesting approach to a problem often expressed on this Forum.  In my own case, I have never had a problem with birds here.  We all seem to get along.  The ducks seem to be quite interested but fly too fast for me to catch them on video.  They do come back a few times though, so getting video of them should not be a problem if that was the interest.

Cetacean, Ill have to see about adding some to the rear as well. Good Point. Not to many bird fly backwards. If a Raptor decides to take my drone on  maybe we could have some Phantors. Ill keep you posted.
2018-2-24
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-2-24 00:52
mmmmmm I fly most types of RC including Multi Rotors .... at present I am setting up a scratchbuilt RC Eagle .....

Here is a photo taken of the designers Rc Eagle and it ATTRACTS birds ... not scare them away !

solentlife, THAT is one cool pic!
2018-2-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice look
2018-2-24
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

A couple of times I’ve had birds buzz my drone but most show no interest, I think the eyes look cool tho.
2018-2-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LOL - very nice!  
2018-2-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Some glasses wouldn't hurt either.  They'll think he's smarter than they are lol.
2018-2-24
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Looks like something Ken Heron gives out...
2018-2-24
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

Hi Wedge, I’m just a little south of you in the TC’s I have had hawks come by the drone but they never even gave it a second look, it could be because it’s painted a bright orange. I do like the eyes it  adds life to the drone. Take Care and Fly Safe.
2018-2-24
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

We have barn swallows here in Wisconsin, My P4 seems to make some sort of noise that attracts all of them. I always play it safe and just land. No other event there will end any way but badly.
2018-2-24
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

ghutch Posted at 2018-2-24 06:02
Looks like something Ken Heron gives out...

Yes, I did get those eyes from Ken Heron.
2018-2-24
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

RMJovo Posted at 2018-2-24 08:04
Hi Wedge, I’m just a little south of you in the TC’s I have had hawks come by the drone but they never even gave it a second look, it could be because it’s painted a bright orange. I do like the eyes it  adds life to the drone. Take Care and Fly Safe.

I do spend a lot of time working in the TC. Im a crane operator for Vic's Crane, find myself in the two refineries in the area.
2018-2-24
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

LOL - you're right... but I have a dilemma... is that scary... or creepy?
2018-2-24
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-2-24 15:00
LOL - you're right... but I have a dilemma... is that scary... or creepy?

We can all use some drama. Tell me the scary part first..... then Ill let you know if its creepy. LOL
2018-2-24
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

IamWedge Posted at 2018-2-24 16:21
We can all use some drama. Tell me the scary part first..... then Ill let you know if its creepy. LOL

LOL you said it was supposed to scare birds... ;)
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules