Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lbierSVAwxhD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25545 ft
France

• I have updated the firmware on both the Air and the RC
  • Then I had a successful first flight, no problem at all
  • Tried to connect the Air to a Windows computer to read the info on the SD card, it wasn't working
  • Tried to fly it again, it's turning on, but after the self check (green, yellow, red, flashing), it's flashing quickly in yellow
  • Impossible to pair it with the RC again. To press and hold on the Air doesn't make it beep at all. So the pairing is timing out, each time.
  • I tried a wifi connection, I connected the phone to the wifi network successfully once, but there was still no control on the Air, no image, nothing.
  • I have installed DJI Assistant on the computer to try, and both times when I connected the Air to the computer, BOOM, blue screen, computer is rebooting :-(

So I'm stuck with the flashing yellow, and can't do anything. Any advice, except contacting the support ?

2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please ensure that you have the right procedure of linking the remote. And I would recommend you download the 1.2.2 DJI Assistant 2 in our website and see if it works: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads Thanks for your support.
2018-2-25
Use props
risbac
lvl.1
France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-25 20:13
Hi, there. Please ensure that you have the right procedure of linking the remote. And I would recommend you download the 1.2.2 DJI Assistant 2 in our website and see if it works: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads Thanks for your support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s

Hi there. Thanks for your answer.

Yes I followed it. I tried a dozen times at least. It never worked. I tried other ways. Like connecting to the camera only and finding the link option in the menu. But the Air is NOT beeping when I press and hold for several seconds on the button. I tried 3 seconds, 4, 20, press, hold then press again, all the same, it keeps flashing.

And I have downloaded DJI Assistant 2, but as I said, as soon as I connect the Air, the whole computer is crashing with a blue screen. Each time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, same. I'm going to try with another computer today.
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

risbac Posted at 2018-2-25 22:31

Yes I followed it. I tried a dozen times at least. It never worked. I tried other ways. Like connecting to the camera only and finding the link option in the menu. But the Air is NOT beeping when I press and hold for several seconds on the button. I tried 3 seconds, 4, 20, press, hold then press again, all the same, it keeps flashing.

You are using the 1.2.2 version, right? Please try to change a PC. The situation will be forwarded, thanks for your support.
2018-2-26
Use props
risbac
lvl.1
France

Yes, version 1.2.2, the latest one, downloaded from your website. Installed on a Windows 10.
I'm going to try with another PC today I hope.
2018-2-26
Use props
vgomezp
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

SITUATION SOLVED. ALREADY 2 USERS HAVE DONE IT AND WORKED.

1. RESET FACTORY SETTING ON THE MAVIC AIR.
2. DOWNGRADE RC FIRMWARE.
3. ALL THIS USING DJI ASSIST. IF RC IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY DJ ASSIST INSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION FOR DRIVER THEN THE LATEST ONE.
4. REMOVE BATTERY IN THE DRONE FOR 10 MINUTES OR MORE. LEAVE IT BATTERY LESS.
5. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. CHANGE LOCATION. FEW MILES AWAY. GO TO A PARK. ANYTHING WITH MORE OPEN SPACE.
6. START DRONE AND PAIR GIVING THE NORMAL PROCEDURE.

IT WORKED FOR ME. ALSO FOR ANOTHER MATE IN THE SAME SITUATION. AFTER THAT UPGRADE RC FIRMWARE.
2018-2-26
Use props
risbac
lvl.1
France

vgomezp Posted at 2018-2-26 04:02

Sounds good, but how do I factory reset the air if I can't connect to it ? :-)

And I can downgrade the RC firmware from the DJI GO app ? I need to find how to do that.

Thanks for helping, it's good to have a new solution to try :-)
2018-2-26
Use props
risbac
lvl.1
France

risbac Posted at 2018-2-26 04:18
Sounds good, but how do I factory reset the air if I can't connect to it ? :-)

And I can downgrade the RC firmware from the DJI GO app ? I need to find how to do that.

Oh ok by DJI ASSISTANT. I hope it will work with the new computer ! Otherwise I'm screwed ah :-)
2018-2-26
Use props
HYPERWHALE
lvl.1
Thailand

Yes I followed it. I tried a dozen times at least. It never worked. I tried other ways. Like connecting to the camera only and finding the link option in the menu. But the Air is NOT beeping when I press and hold for several seconds on the button. I tried 3 seconds, 4, 20, press, hold then press again, all the same, it keeps flashing.

I have exactly same problems and symptoms. Also when i start AIR and double tap funtional button the lights on the wings become yellow, and camera starts to move.
2018-2-26
Use props
HYPERWHALE
lvl.1
Thailand

1. RESET FACTORY SETTING ON THE MAVIC AIR.

Unfortunately not worked for me
2018-2-26
Use props
risbac
lvl.1
France

I tried the procedure, for the step 1. But it's not easy to do : impossible to fully install the new DJI ASSISTANT on Windows 10, one driver is not signed. So I had to turn off the security to do it. Then even after that, when connecting the air, I was able to to see it in the app, but quickly it disappeared with an USB error. Impossible to connect it again without rebooting it. I managed to do the factory reset once, it went all the way to 100%. I didn't try the rest of the procedure yet. But just to hold the back button for a few seconds didn't make the Air beep, so I'm not crazy optimistic. Was yours beeping after the factory reset and appearing in DJI Assistant in a reliable way? I can't keep it connected in the app more than a couple of minutes max I think.
2018-2-26
Use props
vgomezp
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Yes it was. But remember there ir a driver issue with dji assisst. If it does not show OK. Look for the older version and install it just for the good drivers.

Did you MOVE? Away from your original location
2018-2-27
Use props
risbac
lvl.1
France

I have tried with an old version of DJI Assistant yes. The newer version didn't install fine because of the unsigned driver.
But even with the older DJI Assistant, same problem, the connection is not stable at all, I have USB errors very quickly unfortunately.

I didn't try steps after 1. So I will give it a try, and I'm quite far from the location where the problem started.
I have also contacted DJI support, and since the older DJI Assistant (which they advised me to use) can't keep a stable connection with the Air, they want me to send it back.

I will try to go a bit further with your method first. But since I can't make the Air beep to pair with the remote, I'm not optimistic. Maybe to remove the battery for some time could help, I'm going to try. If not worknig, I will tell you. Thanks for the time spent to try to help, it's very appreciated ! It's a bit frustrating to have a brand new device unable to fly, but the very cold weather conditions here in France make me wait more easily ;)
2018-2-27
Use props
adesi
New
Flight distance : 27175 ft
United States

risbac Posted at 2018-2-27 02:39
I have tried with an old version of DJI Assistant yes. The newer version didn't install fine because of the unsigned driver.
But even with the older DJI Assistant, same problem, the connection is not stable at all, I have USB errors very quickly unfortunately.

hi, did you fix the problem? I have the same issue and have no idea how to make it work
2018-4-28
Use props
risbac
lvl.1
France

Yes, this problem I was able to fix it by allowing the unsigned driver to load. I think i used solution 2 of this page :
https://windowsreport.com/driver ... rcement-windows-10/

But it's better to re-enable signature check after installing the app, otherwise it could be a safety issue !
2018-4-29
Use props
MD Energy
New

Israel

risbac Posted at 2018-4-29 23:42
Yes, this problem I was able to fix it by allowing the unsigned driver to load. I think i used solution 2 of this page :
https://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/

Hi i'm having the same issue with my mavic air ,can someone please explain how to solve this issue , i try to open support call with DJI but no one replay to me ,
my mavic version according to DJI  V01.00.0400
i'm not sure how to connect the  RC to the DJI ASSISTANT, please advice   
2018-6-20
Use props
fans9988a594
New

United Arab Emirates

Remove SD card and restart the drone . I had exactly the same issue, after the first flight I downloaded video and next day Mavic would not connect to RC with yellow flashing continuously. Removing SD card solved the problem.
2019-3-8
Use props
Mavic Air Guy
New
Flight distance : 56568 ft
United States

In my case, removing the SD card did not make any difference, but the cause of my issue was simply silly. I was playing with the "secret" button on the drone and must disconnected it from my RC by a mistake. I found out that in order to reconnect my RC with my drone the red lights on the legs needs to be flashing. Then I had to press the 3 buttons on RC at the same time. Here is a youtube video clip called "The DJI Mavic Air’s Secret Button".
2019-5-28
Use props
weebob08\
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17356 ft

Yes I followed it. I tried a dozen times at least. It never worked. I tried other ways. Like connecting to the camera only and finding the link option in the menu. But the Air is NOT beeping when I press and hold for several seconds on the button. I tried 3 seconds, 4, 20, press, hold then press again, all the same, it keeps flashing.

Done all above with my mavic air,
Ended up getting a new board fitted to solve the same problem
2019-9-3
Use props
Surak
lvl.1
Germany

I had the same problem just now. So I went to DJI go, clicked “go fly” even without being connected, and chose the wired connection and followed the steps. It worked after some 40 seconds.
2020-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules