Here we go again, replaced spark flew away again, Compass error!
123Next >
5380 110 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 09:54
the first drone certainly was gone due to defected remote, DJI CONFIRMED IT!

But your assertion to imply that DJI programs their drones to behave abnormal and pose a threat to public safety if a pilot flies it higher then the restricted registered hight over their own property, or property they have permission to  fly it over from the owners, local gendarmerie (military police), perfecteur or town hall, total BS...

Your problem is you can’t see the wood from the trees.

1/ you flew out of VLOS Gendarme have no control over airspace in France ( you made that up)
2/ you had compass problems
3/ your Aircraft went to Atti mode
4/ you couldn’t see it so you couldn’t control it
5/ aircraft acted as it should when it has compass problems
6/ you lost it again !!!!!
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-25 10:00
Who's being dishonest?  Your drone was within eyesight but you did not fly it back to yourself when it encountered a compass error/changed to ATTI mode.  Your drone was within eyesight at 160 meters and 180 meters out?  Was it a vague dot that you couldn't find again the second you took your eyes off the dot?  That would result in poor ATTI mode flying by the pilot.

The prior incident was within eyesight also but you don't know what happened to the drone with it.  Don't know with it right there within eyesight?  Surely, you could see it fall or fly off if it was right there in front of you within "eyesight".

5 seconds of checking the phone to see what went wrong is all it takes to loose eye site of a spark

please show respect and stop trolling here, why are you arguing with me, i could not control the drone at all, the flight records clearly show this as sevewral people alreay confirme, what are you getting out of this, you work for dji and are trying to divert reponsibility for the warranty again?   

compass erros is not a pilots fault, you think we have birds eyes and know where magnetic fields are and when?  i flew over the same spot 20 times, so whats your point?

Stop harrasing customners an try helping solce issues
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-25 10:03

1/ you flew out of VLOS Gendarme have no control over airspace in France ( you made that up)

incorrect, the air space in france is permission through the ministry of environment.
default 400m, you need to inform appropriate people like the gendarme, town hall or prefecture if your planning to fly a drone over an area restricted, you need a drone license and also insurance., if an accident takes place you will not only loose your drone but be reported to prosecutors and fined.

but ----> Wait a sec, i just got off the phone, i just spoke to one chef brigade about the  issue with this drone, he said if it flew out or our area they will file  a complaint with the ministry of envirement as i need to file a complaint for insurance if DJI does not cover the warranty, which they should according to the flight records anyway, the had given me a go because they tolerate flying outside populated areas, this is not the case with kids risking long istance flights as they know we are filming a amusemen park with a phantom an mavic air an employee of ours purchased last week (the air is yummy!)

The GENDARME use Phantoms in their transport Arial division, the additional sad news is that both the US and British military are asking allies to stop using DJI products an to switch to Walkera., dunno why, something to do with servers and security breaches., I think its sad because DJIs drones are the  best thing we have seen since the invention of the camera if you ask me

SO ANYWAY, this drone did not behave the way it did because of restrictions correct?
or are you insisting DJI products are designed to fly off in the event someone goes a tidy too high ect?
2018-2-25
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 10:03
5 seconds of checking the phone to see what went wrong is all it takes to loose eye site of a spark

please show respect and stop trolling here

No is isn't as I have a Spark and have looked at my phone and then up to the Spark when it was far nearer to me than 180 meters out and 160 meters up.  Our definitions of within eyesight are far different which is why I have never lost my Spark.

Show respect and take responsibility for your risky/skill-less flying.  People trying to scam free drones drive up the costs to all of us other customers.
2018-2-25
Use props
djiuser_a674wNvybfvB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12267 ft
France

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 10:12
incorrect, the air space in france is permission through the ministry of environment.
default 400m, you need to inform appropriate people like the gendarme, town hall or prefecture if your planning to fly a drone over an area restricted, you need a drone license and also insurance., if an accident takes place you will not only loose your drone but be reported to prosecutors and fined.

For non-professional :

default 400m : No, you have to keep it in sight (so 200 m distance is already a lot for the spark) and 150 heigh max (in your area 50m).
, you need to inform appropriate people like the gendarme , town hall : No, never
or prefecture if your planning to fly a drone over an area restricted : Only professional and for non-professional forbidden areas are just forbidden.
you need a drone license : No
and also insurance : No
if an accident takes place you will not only loose your drone but be reported to prosecutors and fined : Yes

If you are professionnal pilot and have an insurrance, see them rather than use a public forum.
2018-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 10:12
default 400m, you need to inform appropriate people like the gendarme, town hall or prefecture if your planning to fly a drone over an area restricted, you need a drone license and also insurance., if an accident takes place you will not only loose your drone but be reported to prosecutors and fined.

Your making all this up , there is no country in the world that allows you to fly out of VLOS thats a fact and that’s beside the fact, if you had your drone in VLOS you could have flown it in Atti mode but you didn’t so you lost it. Compass and gps are the responsibility of the pilot, if this was not the case then anybody could start their drone on metal objects and if compass went bad blame the manufacturer.
And if you have a drone license then I recommend you return it as your not very deserving of it.
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

djiuser_a674wNvybfvB Posted at 2018-2-25 10:28
For non-professional :

i edited my post budd, the gendarme told me they tolerate the altitude etc as they are the ones called to a scene if an accident took place or have to take a report for a insurance claim., this is how it works in france, they are not nazis.

And the absurd idea anyone is trying to scam for a free drone is literally ignorant, its like selling a stolen iphone that eventually shows up on the network...report it to police and poof..done deal., too risky for anyone to scam, i know people actually do this but i doubt any of these types even know hwo to take off with grammas mavic pro.

Again all your posts are diverting the malfunctions towards a pilot, my first flight was confirmed to be caused by a defected remote which bailed out functions during flight, i dont know which signals caused the incident to fail RTH but it was in GPS the whole time, RTH kicked in and nothing took place..they replaced it.

according to honest people who studied the flight data and not "soul less" DJI demons
-RTH cannot work in ATTI mode.
- flightrecord  do not have an explanation to what might have caused the many serious errors.

If this is the case then the remote is suspect again.
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

too bad the last one had a spelling error, my keyboard is broken, my D key is stuck hahahaha  
Spark-sparkvert.jpg
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-25 10:45
Your making all this up , there is no country in the world that allows you to fly out of VLOS thats a fact and that’s beside the fact, if you had your drone in VLOS you could have flown it in Atti mode but you didn’t so you lost it. Compass and gps are the responsibility of the pilot, if this was not the case then anybody could start their drone on metal objects and if compass went bad blame the manufacturer.
And if you have a drone license then I recommend you return it as your not very deserving of it.

YOUR FIRED from DJI!  

return your free DJI props and batteries
2018-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 11:16
too bad the last one had a spelling error, my keyboard is broken, my D key is stuck hahahaha  
[view_image]

I haven’t had any drones crash or flyaway, and I’ve been doing this for a long time, you’ve been doing it a few weeks and have lost two . But you of course take no responsibility, as I said the gendarme gave you permission to fly out of sight maybe they will give you warranty but as your compatriot has all ready said that is a whole load of bull.
I would say you wouldn’t be getting half the stick if you weren’t so rude to people, have a bit of humility sometimes, you might just get a bit more support. And stop calling people trolls who don’t agree with you, it’s making you come across as stupid.
2018-2-25
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

DJI Spark shows the max altitude hight up to 500 meters and  the distance 8000 meters,
i doubt it can actually get that far with video but it most certainly not behave as yours at less then 200meters.

unless you still have the drone , i would avoid discussing this here

Based on the flight records your covered by the warranty., too many errors showing you could NOT control it.

i would contact DJI and get the engineers to arrange replacing your remote and send you a replacement drone.

No pilot could of flew this back manually
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

Mama Mia Posted at 2018-2-25 12:08
DJI Spark shows the max altitude hight up to 500 meters and  the distance 8000 meters,
i doubt it can actually get that far with video but it most certainly not behave as yours at less then 200meters.

already sent my email, some else pointed out the same thing with the errors,

when i walked over to the spot i thought the drone was in i lost site of it, i thought it was hovering as my phone shows P-GPS mode, i could not see it as it obviously drifted according to the flight records,

do you know what P-GPS is ?
2018-2-25
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 12:14
already sent my email, some else pointed out the same thing with the errors,

when i walked over to the spot i thought the drone was in i lost site of it, i thought it was hovering as my phone shows P-GPS mode, i could not see it as it obviously drifted according to the flight records,

Your drone went into atti mode with no GPS, it  later picked up GPS on and off causing it to report compass errors, which some interpreted as magnetic field interference.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-95943-1-1.html

no one here can explain this but the engineers, its not for anyone here to argue about, just open a case
2018-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Mama Mia Posted at 2018-2-25 12:17
Your drone went into atti mode with no GPS, it  later picked up GPS on and off causing it to report compass errors, which some interpreted as magnetic field interference.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-95943-1-1.html

You wrong about this.

Why would a compass error disable GPS?
Orientation (compass data) and position (GPS data) are different but related.
When the Spark is moving and getting position information from the GPS that tells the Spark that it is travelling in a different direction from what it's getting from compass data, The Spark programming can't work with the data conflict.
The solution is to drop data from one source and since the Spark can't fly without a compass but can without GPS, it's the GPS data that gets dropped.
2018-2-25
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I can't quite follow this. Without gps the compass is useless whether it's true or not.So it may as well ditch itself too- Well I suppose it has, in effect, in atti mode.
2018-2-25
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-2-25 12:48
I can't quite follow this. Without gps the compass is useless whether it's true or not.So it may as well ditch itself too- Well I suppose it has, in effect, in atti mode.

If you can control it its worth landing the aircraft manually (no RTH will work) but the yawl error in the flight log its like a stuck joystick
2018-2-25
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-25 11:34
I haven’t had any drones crash or flyaway, and I’ve been doing this for a long time, you’ve been doing it a few weeks and have lost two . But you of course take no responsibility, as I said the gendarme gave you permission to fly out of sight maybe they will give you warranty but as your compatriot has all ready said that is a whole load of bull.
I would say you wouldn’t be getting half the stick if you weren’t so rude to people, have a bit of humility sometimes, you might just get a bit more support. And stop calling people trolls who don’t agree with you, it’s making you come across as stupid.

I live in France and the Gendarme are very strict if you fly in populated areas, especially Paris.
But its not the same elsewhere, they are very tolerant as the OP says.
2018-2-25
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-25 12:27
You wrong about this.

Why would a compass error disable GPS?

I did not say the compass error disabled GPS and i agree with your comment about it.

It is necessary to compare the flight video uploaded by the OP to the flight log and .DAT files as he had no knowledge of what took place beyond the calibration errors showing in this video until he checked the flight data.,  and it appears that the compass error was caused by sudden turbulence .

Only the engineers at DJI can explain this  
2018-2-25
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-2-25 12:48

this is correct as wind can also cause the aircraft to drift away
2018-2-25
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

VLOS and the airspace are two different subjects,

Honestly, No one can actually keep a drone in line of site 100%, you have to watch both and its not possible.

as for the Gendarme National all they care is about safety, they are called in when its a drone incident.
2018-2-25
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

In UK that's why you are legally obliged to operate with a spotter. Not if or but.
2018-2-25
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

I have to agree that (airdata loc 20 and more) 200m away + 150m high is on edge of VLOS, but it is still visible. It's just a dot on horizon, but still, VLOS rules say only req. "visible"... (no comment about keeping control at that distance in atti, that another story, or local rules)
so looking at logs - it looks like a strange errors/dc and should get under warranty IMO.
2018-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Mama Mia Posted at 2018-2-25 13:51
VLOS and the airspace are two different subjects,

Honestly, No one can actually keep a drone in line of site 100%, you have to watch both and its not possible.

It may not be possible for inexperienced pilots but don’t speak for everyone, you always need to know what your threshold is and if you fly outside of this then except responsibility. The rule of VLOS is there for this exact reason when your Aircraft goes into Atti mode you have a much better chance of surviving and a better outcome.
Always remember other people use the airspace to fly SAR helicopters, balloonists, aircraft landing, paragliders. So just because your gendarme don’t care doesn’t mean you should break the rules .
2018-2-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 11:03
i edited my post budd, the gendarme told me they tolerate the altitude etc as they are the ones called to a scene if an accident took place or have to take a report for a insurance claim., this is how it works in france, they are not nazis.

And the absurd idea anyone is trying to scam for a free drone is literally ignorant, its like selling a stolen iphone that eventually shows up on the network...report it to police and poof..done deal., too risky for anyone to scam, i know people actually do this but i doubt any of these types even know hwo to take off with grammas mavic pro.

I am sorry, but I do not allow you to distort my response to you this way. I had only written that "I do not have an explanation for what might have caused the many serious errors." And I also do not allow you to use my responses against far more experienced pilots than I am!
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-25 14:53
I am sorry, but I do not allow you to distort my response to you this way. I had only written that "I do not have an explanation for what might have caused the many serious errors." And I also do not allow you to use my responses against far more experienced pilots than I am!

sorry if it came off like that, your comments where about the technical issues of the drone  as i had noticed the same issue you mentioned in this https://forum.dji.com/thread-103989-1-1.html

An i meant no disrespect to them, i just dont have to accept criticism about something un related to an issue, especially claiming i had lost a previous drone when DJI engineers confirmed i had a defected remote.

Again your help was appreciated, it showed that i  had no control in the flight logs (YAWL ERRORS) as some others pointed out...
2018-2-25
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Spark is not good drone to fly far distances (wifi transmission (lagy), one compass, short fly time). I would rather trust mavic or phantom 4.  So for me Spark is a selfie drone. I love fly spark in ATTI but it not happen frequently unfortunately . I cannot see point to cry here "I was fly out of VLOS I lost my drone" Yes when you flying out of vlos you can lose your drone even if you are good pilot. Your choice, your decision, your consequences.  You don't like it stop flying...
2018-2-25
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 15:04
sorry if it came off like that, your comments where about the technical issues of the drone  as i had noticed the same issue you mentioned in this https://forum.dji.com/thread-103989-1-1.html

An i meant no disrespect to them, i just dont have to accept criticism about something un related to an issue, especially claiming i had lost a previous drone when DJI engineers confirmed i had a defected remote.

what?

Watchberger's explanation about the flight records where keen, there is no reason for you guys to get into anything else,
-you had no control of your drone,
-some comments suggested that you did but its not the case in the logs.
-move on, do what Watchberger's suggested, contact  DJI
2018-2-25
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

This entire ATTI mode discussion confuses me.   Flying ATTI should be no problem.   I've been flying for a couple of years now.   First 2 years was with a P3S.   I have on many occasions, put my P3 into ATTI mode to practice with.   I know the Spark can't be put into ATTI intentionally.  However, I think ATTI practice is essential for safe flight.    As is VLOS.   With both,  then there is no way you should loose your aircraft, unless the RC completely disconnects.

My Spark is a tough little guy to keep in VLOS.   As the OP says,  a quick glance down can cause you to loose sight.   That's why it should be kept within a very close LOS until the new pilot is very skilled.  That way, when any errors popup,  it's easy to see, and fairly easy to tell heading/direction it's heading in.

To the OP,  if any of your drone buddies have phantoms (I think you said the Gendarme have them),  try to get them to teach you to fly ATTI.   It's not only useful,  but it's actually rather fun.   It will build you skills into real pilotage -- rather than just giving instructions to an autopilot.

Also practice flying by the map display,  rather than the FPOV.  It's challenging,  but it might help you get a drone home when the video goes out,  but the RC control is still there.   Once again,  a Phantom is the perfect device to practice on.

By the way,  not to derail the thread,  but this exact same issue is happening with the airlines nowadays.   Many new pilots are taught to fly almost 99% of the time using the flight control automation.  In fact, some airlines prohibit pilots from "manual" flying after 1000 feet after takeoff, and until 3000 feet before landing.     As a result,  many pilots are quickly loosing the ability to manual control the aircraft when the automation fails or does something unexpected.   Check out the book (or google)  "Children of the Magenta Line".   It's eye-opening reading.

Sid
2018-2-25
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

sidtx Posted at 2018-2-25 17:21
This entire ATTI mode discussion confuses me.   Flying ATTI should be no problem.   I've been flying for a couple of years now.   First 2 years was with a P3S.   I have on many occasions, put my P3 into ATTI mode to practice with.   I know the Spark can't be put into ATTI intentionally.  However, I think ATTI practice is essential for safe flight.    As is VLOS.   With both,  then there is no way you should loose your aircraft, unless the RC completely disconnects.

My Spark is a tough little guy to keep in VLOS.   As the OP says,  a quick glance down can cause you to loose sight.   That's why it should be kept within a very close LOS until the new pilot is very skilled.  That way, when any errors popup,  it's easy to see, and fairly easy to tell heading/direction it's heading in.

I think a lot of the toy drones are ATTI mode at most.  A lot of them are only RATE mode.  Proof that one has and can fly the $50 ready to fly Blade Inductrix quadcopter should be part of the newbie requirement before they are rated to fly Sparks.

The Blade inductrix comes with its own controller and only has ATTI mode (Blade calls it Safe mode) as its flight mode.  It can also be flown in the house.  No GPS and no compass so it is just like an ATTI mode Spark.  It isn't as hard to fly as the cheap unstabilized drones.  

Safe flight is the responsibility of the owner/pilot, not the manufacturer.  The ad hominem attack by the OP has really broke me.  How will I console myself???  Oh yeah, by flying my Spark!  Relaxing with a beverage while enjoying aerial views of the surroundings.  Flying a drone is so soothing.

2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-25 18:01
I think a lot of the toy drones are ATTI mode at most.  A lot of them are only RATE mode.  Proof that one has and can fly the $50 ready to fly Blade Inductrix quadcopter should be part of the newbie requirement before they are rated to fly Sparks.

The Blade inductrix comes with its own controller and only has ATTI mode (Blade calls it Safe mode) as its flight mode.  It can also be flown in the house.  No GPS and no compass so it is just like an ATTI mode Spark.  It isn't as hard to fly as the cheap unstabilized drones.  

Sorry but the SPARK in ALTITUDE mode is one thing but losing control, compass, drifting and yawl errors at the same time flying itself away at high speedss this is very bad,  https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -gps-signal.123179/ <--- this thread sheds some light on the subject but my data shows 14-18 sats the whole time while indicated none gps or p-GPS, look at it yourselves. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RXJXORRIM9CNNGB986Z1/

I can fly ATTI, i used hubsan 501s , we have a phantom 1, now a p4p,  and walkera drones, study the flight record, all the red was out of my control, it dashe very fast out of site, there is not way a human bieng can keep one eye on the remote and another on the drone especially this small and at the speeds it inicated to of dashed away from uts last position on the map, i ha no iea where it went off too until i checke the flight data at home with a computer.

Bet seriously, this is a DJI product, easy out of the box with yor smart phone as a interface, how in the world is anyone supposed to fly in atti mode when the product gets compass error 3 minutes and 150m into a routine flight? telling people they should be able to fly altitude mode does not help discuss  what caused the errors, if you someone experienced as can be does not know then they dont, so why claim the pilot does when incidents are un expected, sudden and even abnornal.

and also to mention, i watched the video of me flying this drone just after DJI sent it and it went into atti mode during one take off while 5m from the ground and away, the remote made this weird high pitch  whistle  sound, now i thought it was the props making the noise, i cant put the video  online because im rather shy but will try to extract the audio later,  

anyway, as i tried to land it i could only go forward and backward but not  left and right  so i panicked as it was drifting near a wall,  so i actuality went over to it and grab it to shut it down, we actually captured all this on video., i just looked at the logs there where also yawl errors as well.

But it never did this again and i flew it at least 7 more battery loads before this incident.
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

Ardenno Posted at 2018-2-25 15:12
Spark is not good drone to fly far distances (wifi transmission (lagy), one compass, short fly time). I would rather trust mavic or phantom 4.  So for me Spark is a selfie drone. I love fly spark in ATTI but it not happen frequently unfortunately  . I cannot see point to cry here "I was fly out of VLOS I lost my drone" Yes when you flying out of vlos you can lose your drone even if you are good pilot. Your choice, your decision, your consequences.  You don't like it stop flying...

no one flew this spark far at all, it lost control after 150m
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-25 18:01

yawl error and the speed this drone flew indicate serious errors while no control was available, its all in the flight records if you look, no pilot is responsible for this as it started exactly around 150-160 m distance, same with the previous loss., http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RXJXORRIM9CNNGB986Z1/  with 14-18 sats while the drone shows home distance an no gps...i guess you can try arguing about something else the pilot did un related to the drone like going 9m over the high limit of the area (the drone drifted itself in atti) but thats not going to fly over the warranty.

The remote made a whistle sound well a few times, i say DJI needs to double check their replacements, they only have  short period to test them and who knows how many drones they have to deal with per day.
2018-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 20:39
yawl error and the speed this drone flew indicate serious errors while no control was available, its all in the flight records if you look, no pilot is responsible for this as it started exactly around 150-160 m distance, same with the previous loss., http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RXJXORRIM9CNNGB986Z1/  with 14-18 sats while the drone shows home distance an no gps...i guess you can try arguing about something else the pilot did un related to the drone like going 9m over the high limit of the area (the drone drifted itself in atti) but thats not going to fly over the warranty.

The remote made a whistle sound well a few times, i say DJI needs to double check their replacements, they only have  short period to test them and who knows how many drones they have to deal with per day.

You still haven’t looked at your logs correctly, when you went into Atti mode You pushed elevator stick 100% and your aircraft flew in the direction it was flying in from 480ft to 610ft, you the controller done this and your aircraft acted exactly as controller commanded. If you pushed throttle stick (left) 100% down your Aircraft would have descended, you didn’t do this so your Aircraft continued in Atti mode on the direction of the wind, it was not out of control , it was the controller (you) who was out of control. You can check all the movements including pitch movements in you log.
2018-2-26
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-26 04:34
You still haven’t looked at your logs correctly, when you went into Atti mode You pushed elevator stick 100% and your aircraft flew in the direction it was flying in from 480ft to 610ft, you the controller done this and your aircraft acted exactly as controller commanded. If you pushed throttle stick (left) 100% down your Aircraft would have descended, you didn’t do this so your Aircraft continued in Atti mode on the direction of the wind, it was not out of control , it was the controller (you) who was out of control. You can check all the movements including pitch movements in you log.

i had a few people look at the logs and compare them to the info i had during the flight which some peopple here are ignoring.,

everything after the green lines took place with out any control from the remote or pilot, to see yaw errors, atti mode with 14-18 sats and sports mode turned on way after i had already given up looking to see where the hell it went tells you allot., you can verify this from the video i had fallowed the spark while in site to the FINMY DRONE SPOT (no video feed), as i reached the spot it was gone from that spot in the sky, you can verify this as well by LOOKING at the actuall map, as i said i watched it slightly drift and after walking past the tall 45m trees it was gone, i can hear it but fading away, where....i found out later from looking at the logs.

the person who looked at the logs .dat files said DJI replaced 2 drones with the exact same issue, you cant control the aircraft with these errors  as it failed to RTH as well.
2018-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-26 04:42
i had a few people look at the logs and compare them to the info i had during the flight which some peopple here are ignoring.,

everything after the green lines took place with out any control from the remote or pilot, to see yaw errors, atti mode with 14-18 sats and sports mode turned on way after i had already given up looking to see where the hell it went tells you allot.

You can clearly see in your telemetry that gps was turned off when you received compass yaw errors. This is shown by the graph which is your indication of whether you have gps working or not , again you are choosing to ignore this fact.
When you went into Atti mode you had NO gps your first option should have been to try to land your aircraft , this is pointed out to you in your manual, your Aircraft was responding to every stick movement you made this is shown in your flight log, yes you did give up that can also be seen in your log.
But you seem to be telling us that you have experience of flying in Atti mode , but it doesn’t show in your flight log.
2018-2-26
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-26 04:49
You can clearly see in your telemetry that gps was turned off when you received compass yaw errors. This is shown by the graph which is your indication of whether you have gps working or not , again you are choosing to ignore this fact.
When you went into Atti mode you had NO gps your first option should have been to try to land your aircraft , this is pointed out to you in your manual, your Aircraft was responding to every stick movement you made this is shown in your flight log, yes you did give up that can also be seen in your log.
But you seem to be telling us that you have experience of flying in Atti mode , but it doesn’t show in your flight log.

doodly dah, your trying to divert a multifunctional issue on the pilot....

how can a spark pilot see any telemetry during loss of sync, no video all while trying to keep in line of site? heh?  explain that? where was the telematry with the spark during the incident? where? at home in the itunes folder...stop trying to gas light me about been a pilot, i do have years of experience flying and all my non DJI drones show me telemetry, even Hubsan toy drones., compare the mavic pro remote to the spark's, you need to be trained to fly it with out a phone...even know how to program it with out one.

As i said, DJI has to deal with this under warranty as they did for another spark owner with the exact same issue they confirmed showing NO CONTROL possible from remote disctonnected,  i just get how it even shows up in the logs if it was disconnected, an who no RTH...which is their problem not mine!

So accept it, the spark is designed to fail from what i see.
2018-2-26
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-26 05:18
doodly dah, your trying to divert a multifunctional issue on the pilot....

how can a spark pilot see any telemetry during loss of sync, no video all while trying to keep in line of site? heh?  explain that? where was the telematry with the spark during the incident? where? at home in the itunes folder...stop trying to gas light me about been a pilot, i do have years of experience flying and all my non DJI drones show me telemetry, even Hubsan toy drones., compare the mavic pro remote to the spark's, you need to be trained to fly it with out a phone...even know how to program it with out one.

funny to see more comments about this,  your drone will be covered under the warranty, Only the engineer who sent it to you knows why your remote behaved abruptly,
No one here is a snake salesman, very few cases like this exist and unfortunately yours is one of them.

2018-2-26
Use props
Mama Mia
lvl.1

France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-25 14:40
It may not be possible for inexperienced pilots but don’t speak for everyone, you always need to know what your threshold is and if you fly outside of this then except responsibility. The rule of VLOS is there for this exact reason when your Aircraft goes into Atti mode you have a much better chance of surviving and a better outcome.
Always remember other people use the airspace to fly SAR helicopters, balloonists, aircraft landing, paragliders. So just because your gendarme don’t care doesn’t mean you should break the rules .

i am not taking sides here but this is not a pilot issue, the remote had no control, no RTH, flew itself in sports mode while reporting no sync to the remote.
DJI covered this before under warranty.

2018-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Mama Mia Posted at 2018-2-26 05:49
i am not taking sides here but this is not a pilot issue, the remote had no control, no RTH, flew itself in sports mode while reporting no sync to the remote.

You are also not reading the log look between 2 mins and 2.10 mins you can clearly see Aircraft was responding to stick movements form operator 100% elevator aircraft pitches forward and moves forward 120ft . Now can you tell me Aircraft is not responding to controller RC ?
2018-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Mama Mia Posted at 2018-2-26 05:49

Where in the log do you see no sync to RC?
2018-2-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules