CrystalSky and Dronedeploy and second controller
2852 5 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaacfb69e
lvl.1
United States

You would think that before a company sells a Matrice 210 with mandatory purchase of Cendence and CrystalSky, they would be forward thinking enough to make sure that the 3rd party app, Dronedeploy would be part of the package.  But no.  You spend thousands of dollars and both you and your reseller are totally unaware that Dronedeploy will not load.  Oh sure you can get it to install, but it errors out when you try to use it and tells you to install Google Play app.

I don't know if any one else has this issue.

Also, don't expect to able to get a user friendly system to use a second controller as a camera operator.  Using a Inspire 2 controller just plain sucks.  Why?  I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the CrystalSky is android and everything else is Apple friendly.  

Why did you do this.  Hey I have an idea DJI you can buy my CrystalSky and Cendence back and I will get an Inspire 2 controller for master and another for the slave.  How does that work?
2018-2-24
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Why should DJI make it easy for 3rd party apps when they will compete against their own product (when it arrives)
2018-2-24
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

broadlandboy Posted at 2018-2-24 13:02
Why should DJI make it easy for 3rd party apps when they will compete against their own product (when it arrives)

The "when it arrives" part might be a few years away. They promised to port GSpro to android like 2 years ago and said it was under development. When they released the zenmmuse x7 they talked about software that maps a film set and lets you make a 3d path before flying, but that is at least a year away, and another year or two until the app is stable enough to fly.

And 3rd party apps sell drones. We bought our drones because of Dronedeploy and Litchi
2018-2-27
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Pawell Posted at 2018-2-27 06:57
The "when it arrives" part might be a few years away. They promised to port GSpro to android like 2 years ago and said it was under development. When they released the zenmmuse x7 they talked about software that maps a film set and lets you make a 3d path before flying, but that is at least a year away, and another year or two until the app is stable enough to fly.

And 3rd party apps sell drones. We bought our drones because of Dronedeploy and Litchi

Dronedeploy requires Google services which DJI doesn't like. Try UgCS
2018-2-27
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi,

maybe this thread would answer to your question?
https://forum.dji.com/thread-131309-1-1.html

You need 2 RC + 1 CrystalSky + 1 Ipad or Android Tablet
2018-2-27
Use props
DigitalCreations
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2172093 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain!  I use my ipad mini with the cendence when the job requires 3rd party apps like Drone Deploy
2018-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules