Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What do the googles allow you to see?
701 3 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

When you are looking through the goggles do you see what the camera sees or do you see what the pilot sees when viewing the DJI Go APP on a device?

Sorry for asking a question I could probably find with some searches, but it's a nice day outside here and wanted to ask the question then get off the computer.
2018-2-24
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

On the mavic pro and phantom, you see basically a screen like the GO 4 app. But without the constant crashing, stuttering and invisibility of a teeny little tiny crappy phone screen in daylight hours. The goggles appear to have a pared down app in them like GO 4, but without some of the options and a rearranged user interface. I'd say it has about 80% of the controls available in GO 4, but unlike GO 4 on a phone or tablet, it actually works and turns your machine into an actual useable tool for real work.

The goggles are truly the only way to go for not just FPV flying, but actual aerial videography/photography with a DJI drone.  I don't see how you can frame a shot, much less get any actual work done with a DJI drone without them.

For the Inspire 2, though, I don't know how that works in the goggles because it has two views - one from the built in FPV camera and the other from the main cam. I don't know if it's different in the goggles or not....
2018-2-25
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

luciens Posted at 2018-2-25 07:46
On the mavic pro and phantom, you see basically a screen like the GO 4 app. But without the constant crashing, stuttering and invisibility of a teeny little tiny crappy phone screen in daylight hours. The goggles appear to have a pared down app in them like GO 4, but without some of the options and a rearranged user interface. I'd say it has about 80% of the controls available in GO 4, but unlike GO 4 on a phone or tablet, it actually works and turns your machine into an actual useable tool for real work.

The goggles are truly the only way to go for not just FPV flying, but actual aerial videography/photography with a DJI drone.  I don't see how you can frame a shot, much less get any actual work done with a DJI drone without them.

Thanks for the reply! I'm a true newbie at doing some video work for a couple of weddings and was considering offering a "drone ride" for the wedding attendees. Let them put on the goggles then fly them out across a lake near the venue. I'm all legal with the Part 107 and strictly follow all regulations.
2018-2-26
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sounds like a great idea, I'm sure they'd love it. Course keep in mind the focus issue. Maybe take a look at a couple of the threads on it on here to see if it'll be an issue.
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules