1982 12 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisK2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 861145 ft
France

Hi,

I have a Sony xperia z5 with android 7.1.1 and the Dji go app constantly disconnects from the aircraft. It happened several tes even while flying. I have the mavic pro for almost a year and this problem came up recently. I can't fly my drone!!! Please help.

Chris
2018-2-24
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried changing the cable?
2018-2-24
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

I once shared your frustration.  Wasn’t a fan of Apple, but I went out and got an iPad mini.  Have not had an app crash or disconnect since.  It just works as it should.  Now contemplating an iMac for video editing.
2018-2-24
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yeah, I think the idea of swapping out components to try to isolate the problem would be best.  Change the cable, change the mobile device.  Change locations.  Have you added anything new on your person?  I keep reading that apple watches cause disconnects, same with Fit Bit magnetic wrist bands.
2018-2-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it the aircraft disconnecting from RC ?

Or display device disconnecting from RC ?
2018-2-25
Use props
Frarqmata
New
Flight distance : 35417 ft
Honduras

Good, morning I've been having the same problem as ChrisK2017,  It's completly anouying. Besides the fact that everytime I turn on my mavic it needs a 30 minutes firmware update. Can anyone suggest me  a good solution?
2018-2-25
Use props
ChrisK2017
lvl.2
France

Hi Aardvark,

In some cases I can still control the drone with the rc but in other I have no control at all. So the drone hovers in position and then it gets automatically to the "return to home" mode and flies back.
Honestly I didn't think it was an issue between the rc and the drone but between the rc and the app.

What is your view?

Chris
2018-2-25
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

ChrisK2017 Posted at 2018-2-25 11:44
Hi Aardvark,

In some cases I can still control the drone with the rc but in other I have no control at all. So the drone hovers in position and then it gets automatically to the "return to home" mode and flies back.

When craft is disconnected from RC, craft should initiate RTH.
Without video screen craft should still be controllable with RC.
2018-2-25
Use props
ChrisK2017
lvl.2
France

Guys thanks a lot for your suggestions and comments!
I'm already thinking of trying some of these.

Chris
2018-2-25
Use props
ChrisK2017
lvl.2
France

So,

Based on Iomo2017, the drone also disconnects from the rc... How should I deal with this?
Please note that the drone in most cases is very close to me, less than 100m.
2018-2-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual but haven't used it for the DJIGO4 Application, instead I use my Samsung S7 and only once did it disconnect and not reconnect through the remainder of RTH
2018-2-25
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, within 100m, Android app is just unstable and unreliable.  Borrow a friend's iPad, must be compatible with Go4 app, and test it.  When I got the Spark, I used Android phone for a week and didn't have a single flight without at least 1, and usually multiple connection/app failures.  Borrowed my neighbors iPad for a week and didn't have a single issue.  Went out and bought an iPad mini 4, because not all iPad's work with the DJI Go4 app.
2018-2-25
Use props
ChrisK2017
lvl.2
Greece

Hi all,

I think I found the reason for the disconnections. It happened accidentally today. There is an app in my device called "smart connect" which automatically detects and suggests what to do. The moment I disabled it the drone flew without any problems. I tried it several times and it worked perfectly.
Look for such apps in your phones too!!!
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules