4793 22 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
llbr22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253087 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of my TB47 batteries just went completely unresponsive on me. It has about 10 flights on it, and when going to charge it today after flying it yesterday, it shows no lights on charge, no lights when you hit the button and no lights when you put it in the Inspire.
Do I have a defective battery?

thanks
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

How far/what % did you drain it down to on your last flight?
How many hours/days til you tried to recharge it?

Bob
2015-5-2
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

when going to charge it today after flying it yesterday, it shows no lights on charge, no lights when you hit the button and no lights when you put it in the Inspire

Sounds an awful lot like a defect.  No lights on charge suggests an open circuit somewhere.  Hopefully it's still under warranty.  How did you purchase that battery - direct through DJI or through a dealer?
2015-5-2
Use props
llbr22
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

sounds like a warranty. I only drained my battery to the point where it started the low voltage warning. Then when to charge it the next morning. It was the battery the Inspire came with. (model B, delivered in February or so).
2015-5-2
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

llbr22 Posted at 2015-5-3 08:03
sounds like a warranty. I only drained my battery to the point where it started the low voltage warn ...

I'm thinking it's RMA time...
2015-5-3
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

llbr22 Posted at 2015-5-3 08:03
sounds like a warranty. I only drained my battery to the point where it started the low voltage warn ...

which low voltage warning, the 30% or the 10%
(thx we are trying to learn here)

Bob
2015-5-4
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Just happened to me after 10 flights
2015-5-4
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

I bought from DJI online store less then a month ago, I'm hoping they will send an RMA, the thing costs $40.00 to ship because its 'hazardous'
2015-5-4
Use props
llbr22
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ok, got my RMA last week, but only just now getting back to boxing it be shipping it, but what happens today? The battery lights up! I still have 5 batteries to work with, but what would you guys do? Send it back anyway?

I think I may wait til Monday to call again to let them know before sending it back, just to see what they say, but I doubt this is a common issue. With 5 spares, I should probably just send it in anyway.
2015-5-16
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

llbr22 Posted at 2015-5-16 22:51
Ok, got my RMA last week, but only just now getting back to boxing it be shipping it, but what happe ...

your battery cooled to room temp and started working
2015-5-16
Use props
llbr22
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-16 23:45
your battery cooled to room temp and started working

My battery was never hot when the problem arose. It was non-responsive the day after using it when going to charge it the next morning.
2015-5-16
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

llbr22 Posted at 2015-5-17 04:51
My battery was never hot when the problem arose. It was non-responsive the day after using it when ...

Let us know how you go.   

Even though it came back to life, there may be an intermittent issue that's even more frustrating!  
2015-5-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Sane here  10 flights,then DOA. The send me a 'new' one (although I question that based on the history after I charged IT ONCe... of RED ERROS. Anyway Im in the process of 'conditioning' right now
2015-5-16
Use props
llbr22
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ya, better safe than sorry. I'll send it in on Monday. Thanks guys
2015-5-16
Use props
phdraw
lvl.1

United States

Same exact thing here. Let's hope someone sheds some light on this.
2015-5-26
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

I had a dead battery after about 6  flights. I called DJI and got a request to send it in under warranty. Still, the waiting hurts as I understand the turn around is about 6 weeks. I'll buy another battery giving me 3. Don't know what cased it. Didn't want to open it up. So I just sent it in. Now I wait.
2015-5-26
Use props
sstsg6377
lvl.1

United States

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-5-27 09:50
I had a dead battery after about 6  flights. I called DJI and got a request to send it in under warr ...

If you carefully pop the top off unplug the white connector for 90 minutes then plug it back in it will come back and you can charge it. You might have to plug it in twice to get it to reset but you don't have to wait another 90 minutes.
2015-5-26
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Thank you for taking your time to answer my post. Know everyone is busy and appreciate the information.
2015-5-29
Use props
tzeigle
New

United States

Has anyone seen this issue with charging.  The Aspire crashed when the battery went from 98% to 2% in less than 5 minutes.  Now the battery doesn't charge.  

2015-5-29
Use props
kaaooss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2743143 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Out of the four batteries i purchased from DJI dealer one was dead on arrival, no lights, nada! Terrible scenario having a battery die mid air though, hope it can get sorted
2015-6-6
Use props
rdeaguiar
New

United States

I have an Inspire 1 with 2 TB48s and 3 TB47s.  Over this past winter, I put my inspire in storage here in OH.  When I took it out to fly, 2 of the TB47's wouldn't charge at all and the red and one green light would flicker.  Since the batteries were over 7 months, DJI said to replace them, meaning spend$100+ per battery on new ones.

One of the techs suggested that if I wanted to "carefully" tinker, I could take the facia (white cover on top of the battery that snaps on each end) off and disconnect the lead to the proprietary DJI circuit board to see if that would "fool" the circuit board into a recharge mode.  Did not work.

However, I went a step further and unscrewed the four phillips screws that hold the  circuit board to the facia and disconnected the lead to the circuit board as well as the other end that goes to the top of the battery.

I then plugged the battery into the DJI charger an after 5 minutes the batteries started to warm up.  After about 10 minutes, I unplugged the batteries, reconnected the lead to both the circuit board and the battery and plugged it into the charger and voila, both batteries proceeded to do a full charge cycle.

After charging I put each battery on the Inspire, powered it up and installed the new battery firmware update release last week - April 8, 2016 or so - to correct a DJI identified problem that prevented some batteries to come out of hibernation mode.

This is obviously a DJI battery problem (probably in the chip's charging algorithm) and rather than doing the right thing and giving Inspire customers either replacement batteries or a patch, they decided to tell customers to BUY new batteries while they knew full well that it was a problem in their software and not in the customer's batteries.

Another example of DJI's customer disservice.

Hope this is useful to others
2016-4-10
Use props
skaiser317
New

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-2 19:49
Sounds an awful lot like a defect.  No lights on charge suggests an open circuit somewhere.  Hopefu ...

I got a DJI battery from Amazon - TB47. DOA - no lights per usual. It was just dead. Put it on charger and it showed a solid green light telling me it was completely charged. Ive had all 5 batteries go bad. This is a SERIOUS issue that DJI is NOT taking seriously -IMO. I wish there were a fix or someone who knew how to fix them for a cost that would be under buying a new one. For the ones Amazon would not take bak, Ive tried popping the tops off, unplugging the board and putting it on a charge. It would charge them but they would only blink a red light and one green then turn off. Anyone have a good solution to a totally dead battery if Amazon does not take it back? I don't want to have to go buy electrical tools to measure amps and charge the thing while measuring. Has to be a way. Im close to getting every person who has lost as much as me- over $800 in bricks of batteries from DJI and filing a class action law suit for fraud. They are selling batteries with the impression these will last. They need to advise people these batteries will not last more than X amount of flights and come out with a step-by -step manual on how to discharge and the number of hours and flights. There is no set way to deal with these as far as I can tell. They go bad at any time no matter if you discharge them every X flights and charges. How to store them (at what level 35%, 45%,50% less than 60%??? Nobody knows and if you say you do, you're full of it and you work for DJI. So, DJI WHERE IS THE MANUAL FOR THE BATTERIES I PAY $200 A POP FOR???? WHY DO MY BATTERIES KEEP GOING DEAD WHEN IF OLLOW THE SO CALLED PROTOCOL YOU HAVE SET FORTH?? Are you just going to keep fleecing people and selling these until enough people say ENOUGH of this BS?
2016-8-8
Use props
skaiser317
New

United States

rdeaguiar Posted at 2016-4-11 09:17
I have an Inspire 1 with 2 TB48s and 3 TB47s.  Over this past winter, I put my inspire in storage he ...

Glad you got that to work. Ive tried the same thing and no deal. I was under the impression the plug on the underside is the same if you unscrew and remove the other side. Isn't it the same wires going from the one side to the other or are these two separate inputs? If so Ill pop the top off the last DOA battery I got. This is a bunch of BS and DJI needs to be sued by a class action as they are knowingly committing fraud and ID like to put a bunch of them on the stand and see if they'd purger themselves??? They need to stop and tell people they know there is and issue and give full refunds to all who have purchased. They also should be required to give some type of estimate on the life of these batteries along with a separate very detailed battery usage guide for charging, discharging, storage. Yea I know it tells here and there about the batteries, but it is not cutting it or we would;d all not be here with THE EXACAT SAME PROBLEMS!!!
Who else is in on going after DJI. Id like to DDOS their asses for a good month and have people stop buying from outlets. DJI is making billions and there don't give 2 craps about us who buy their products. Once you're stuck with a problem they have you over their knee. I was a first Inspire buyer. I paid $3,000 for the first Inspire made and now they treat me like a POS. Thats pretty bad seeing I trusted and believed that this was going to be modular. Now unless you buy a I V.2 you can't upgrade anything. I just want a new gimbal, the Version 2 type that would make it easier for a guy that is paralyzed and has finger problems. I lost the real fine dexterity in my fingers and trying to replace the rubber vibration dampers is hard for me with the original vibration board. When I called the guy was so rude to me and acted like he was from another planet. I told him what I wanted to do and he made it impossible. I had to buy the entire new V.2 I was told without the controller and gimbal if I wanted the new vibration board?!?! WTF is with this company? They said they knew they had customer service issues, well, when are they going to act on that admission?
Lets get the batteries fixed, DJI!!

Im going to try the disconnect of both plugs and see if the tricks it. Only removing the one and putting it on my quad charger show a full green charge. Why is this thing in hibernation mode, from shipping? I just got it!!!

So for the ramble but Im soon Pissed with DJI and the money I spent believing in them and buying the most expensive drone they had as a pro/sumer in the Inspire V1 when DJI first revealed it. I had the phantom 3P and should have kept it and spent my money on some of these other new high end drones for my company. NO MORE DJI DRONES FOR ME!
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules