Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark lost connection to RC with no warning(s)
698 5 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duke56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

So, had a window to fly this morning. Went to the football field I’ve flown the previous 2 tines I’ve flown my Spark. Have had no issues before. First battery, about at the 8 minute mark, AC lost connection with RC and went into RTH mode. I had no control during RTH. When it lost connection I was about 20 or 30 ft away and maybe 10 or 15 ft high. I had previously taken it up to about 350 ft and did a slow pan around. Then took it up to 400 ft before bringing it down, all without incident save for the app telling me I had reached my limit at 400 ft.  I thought I was taking video but there was none to be found on my sd card or cache. A few photos but no video.

Once my Spark landed all on it’s own right where it had taken off from I turned it off and then back on.  It reconnected with my RC as if nothing had happened previously.  I was connected to the RC to my iPhone 7S via OTG cable with WiFi turned off on my phone. Burned through 3 more batteries without further incident after that.

I looked at the flight log of the first flight and it showed no warnings before losing connection to the RC. At that point, the log just stops, no further entries. The app showed no  telemetry info the whole time it was in RTH to home mode, no fpv, no stick control, nothing. I guess I’m just lucky it didn’t take off.
2018-2-24
Use props
Pepere
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2792 ft
United States

Hadn’t been having any problems. Flying Spark with RC and WiFi.  On beach in Panama City along waterline about 75 yards from building.  Got WiFi interference and lost connection. Only networks showing up were individual units in building. If WiFi connection is that sensitive not sure I trust flying Spark til OTG supported
2018-2-25
Use props
Duke56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

I was in the middle of a football field so I doubt outside Wi-Fi interference had anything to do with it. Also, I was only 30ft or so away from the AC. Strange hiccup. I was either incredibly stupid or incredibly brave to send my Spark up another 3 batteries after that.
2018-2-25
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Pepere Posted at 2018-2-25 09:04
Hadn’t been having any problems. Flying Spark with RC and WiFi.  On beach in Panama City along waterline about 75 yards from building.  Got WiFi interference and lost connection. Only networks showing up were individual units in building. If WiFi connection is that sensitive not sure I trust flying Spark til OTG supported

there may not be any OTG support for SPARK. We simply have to rely on WiFi .
2018-2-25
Use props
Pepere
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2792 ft
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-2-25 11:15
there may not be any OTG support for SPARK. We simply have to rely on WiFi .

Understood. I have been doing so without using OTG work around. BUT.... if WiFi is that sensitive, we need OTG support
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Duke56 Posted at 2018-2-25 09:15
I was in the middle of a football field so I doubt outside Wi-Fi interference had anything to do with it. Also, I was only 30ft or so away from the AC. Strange hiccup. I was either incredibly stupid or incredibly brave to send my Spark up another 3 batteries after that.

Please ensure that there is no interference around. I would recommend you change an environment for check. Please enter wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green. Do not shield the antenna of RC. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules