Is 1345LS any better in performance?
1073 3 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

I'm wondering if the LS is worth upgrading to.

I don't notice a difference in safety since the LS does not make the 2 teeths any stronger. Though this is similar to the i2 system.

Does the lifted propeller mount give any aero advantage by raising the whole prop higher?

Or does the extra weight from the extra plate only slow down the motors performance?

Please share your experience here if you notice smoother or more power from LS upgrade

2018-2-25
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

I have been using since it came to market ........find the way the mount has the secure "click" reassuring and had no issue. Any extra weight? negligable i would think........and i don't notice any difference in flight performance.
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, there are no big differences in the flight performance, it just features an ultra-secure locking mechanism that prevents propellers from coming loose during flight. We would recommend to mount the 1345LS Propeller Mounting Plate.
2018-2-26
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 02:18
Hi there, there are no big differences in the flight performance, it just features an ultra-secure locking mechanism that prevents propellers from coming loose during flight. We would recommend to mount the 1345LS Propeller Mounting Plate.

Were there even cases of the 1345T unlocking or coming off because I have not heard or seen of that issue. The 2teeth is like the important part that should not fail but the 1345LS has thinner teeths due to the added metal lock.

Even on crashes, the T mount hub does not break or come off, the teeth is the most vulnerable in getting damaged in a crash as an example of durability.

The LS is more of integrating the inspire 2 lock on the inspire 1 but it's not going to contribute to a safer system because the 1345T mount never comes off even in big crashes.

It's about the teeth and the LS has thinner teeths.. this is why an inspire 2 had 1 teeth fail during flight.

I'm only wondering if there's any aerodynamic advantage but you guys say there's really no performance advantage.
So the extra weight from the metal plate and 2 screws per motor does not seem worth it.

2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules