Anyone using GPS tracking along with their aircraft to comapre fl...
814 5 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realdeal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

I was wondering this because i just lost another spark, my flight video shows the aircraft was in clear site hovering, but when i took the moment to ping point its position by the time i got to the spot i got compass errors,  no video feed,  and no idea where the spark went as the only clue i had was according to this screen flight sumulation video.

This is a screens recording of the flight simulated on the iphone:

Then aftre returnign home to check the flight logs (using a older iTunes to get to it) the first flight log site AirDATA showed me the drone flew east of the last position i assumed it was hovering in. http://app.airdata.com/main?flig ... f65&page_id=GENERALI failed to find it at this site

Finally someone in suggested to check the flight logs on this site http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RXJXORRIM9CNNGB986Z1/ And it turns out the spark flew even farthure, i will go there to see if it may of landed but i doubt it, as the same person suggested the spark was still going at 161 meter altitude and almost 34 km/h speed with 71 % battery left..

So my question is should not DJI offer a gps tracking system to find it with our phones in the event their aircrafts drift off, i suggested this to avoid argumenrs with customers about why the RTH did not work (obvisouly atti mode) and allot of the other errors like yaw, compass etc etc etc which my flight records show.

Here is some more info of the area from skyvector.com   
https://skyvector.com/?ll=48.4653942756127,-4.215820310127278&chart=304&zoom=1

My suggestion to DJI is to add a built in GPS tracking option so the phone will always track the drones even with loss of VIDEO FEED..

at this moment 71 % battery left may of kept this spark going beyond what the flight records indicated, i still dont get why DJI never added this gps tracking as an option because i assumed it was there with things they advertised their drones to have like flight data etc etc etc

Imagine loosing video signal then spotting the aircraft in google via a gps moule built in sharing its position.
2018-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

If you don’t have gps how can you track its position, many buy separate tracking devices in case of events like yours.
Your Aircraft would have continued on at same speed until it reached low battery when it will land, so if you can figure out the speed and time left on battery it should give you an indication of where it may have landed.
2018-2-25
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

If where the spark landed GPS signal is present and there is still juice in the battery, you can use find my drone feature once you are within proximity of the spark. Just a thought to consider.
2018-2-25
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-25 04:56
If you don’t have gps how can you track its position, many buy separate tracking devices in case of events like yours.
Your Aircraft would have continued on at same speed until it reached low battery when it will land, so if you can figure out the speed and time left on battery it should give you an indication of where it may have landed.

well i suggested a GPS option like this to DJI, the other poster here claims it works but in fact it ends where  my screen recorded of the flight video also indicated
2018-2-25
Use props
djiuser_a674wNvybfvB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12267 ft
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-25 04:56
Your Aircraft would have continued on at same speed until it reached low battery when it will land, so if you can figure out the speed and time left on battery it should give you an indication of where it may have landed.

I think the drone landed just after losing signal with the radiocommand (3 seconds exactly)
The drone speed was nearly 8 m/s so it should be 20-25 meters after the last point.So you should search near the tree line (on the east and west).

If the drone had continue until battery reach 30% at 8m/s the drone should be 3,2 km away, nearly at the west border of the village of Milizac (maybe on the roof of a house) but this case can't happen i think.
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-25 08:14
well i suggested a GPS option like this to DJI, the other poster here claims it works but in fact it ends where  my screen recorded of the flight video also indicated

Sorry for your lost. I would forward you suggestion. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support You can provide the flight record for analysis. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules