Cannot Take Off Battery ERROR
14522 31 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pomp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, have had my mavic air for a couple of months, no issues, flew it 2 days ago and was fine. Charged it, went to fly it yesterday and was met with a "cannot takeoff" error (see attachment).
Says ensure the battery is properly connected.. it is..
Have updated to latest firmware and using wifi and then tried using DJI assistant.

Literally nothing has changed other than recharging the battery since the last flight..

Any ideas would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.
Dave

Screen Rec

Screen Rec
2018-2-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Remove battery and place it back in. Then check again.
2018-2-25
Use props
pomp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Have tried that more than a few times. But thanks for the reply!
2018-2-25
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In DJI Assistant 2 , I'd refresh the firmware and restore factory defaults to see if that changes anything.

I'd also give both the battery port  and AC battery terminal bit of a clean with compressed air, just in case something is lodged in there.

Also check for corrosion in the terminal and battery port

2018-2-25
Use props
pomp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tried that in assistant 2, still no joy.
Havent got access to compressed air but given it all a good blow.
Trying to avoid getting another battery but may have to try that
2018-2-25
Use props
fanscc274c09
lvl.1
United States

I had this happen once. In my case removing and replacing the battery worked, and since then it's been fine. I hadn't thought about it again, but reading this reminds me, I meant to apply some deoxit to the contacts. It's a cleaner/protector I've used in the past on intermittent connectors with great success.
2018-2-25
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

fanscc274c09 Posted at 2018-2-25 09:31
I had this happen once. In my case removing and replacing the battery worked, and since then it's been fine. I hadn't thought about it again, but reading this reminds me, I meant to apply some deoxit to the contacts. It's a cleaner/protector I've used in the past on intermittent connectors with great success.

Yesterday I got my  Mavic Air. Today morning a I got a low temperature error message (below 15 C)  resulted a "can not take off" message. Batteries and Air itself was inside my house, the temperature was 22 C. Tried other batteries, they were OK. I tried to recharge a bit. After a 10-15 minutes charging I could use the battery again. Any suggestion? DJI?
2018-2-25
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mr. Pomp...

did I read "for a couple of monthS" ????
2018-2-25
Use props
Daniel Skidds
lvl.1

Canada

DO you have the 2 middle leds on on your battery. and cant turn it off, always on.
2018-2-25
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

months? are You a beta tester then?
and You said it was after charging a battery - so why it shows 58%??
what battery cells show? what voltage?
2018-2-25
Use props
pomp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Okay maybe a month.. got it the day it on release day whenever that was
The battery says 58% because I had spent a while trying everything to get it going
Other thing to note is the fan boots up as if its overheating..
2018-2-25
Use props
RayCheung
New
Flight distance : 81217 ft
China

maybe you should warm you battery first.
2018-2-26
Use props
pomp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I will try that later on, but I don't think that's the issue, usually get a temperature warning if its too cold (below 15 degrees C)
2018-2-26
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

pomp Posted at 2018-2-26 00:28
I will try that later on, but I don't think that's the issue, usually get a temperature warning if its too cold (below 15 degrees C)

I got it once. Today morning it was OK. Perhaps a random issue?
2018-2-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

just some possibilities. 1. is your battery firmware up to date 2. (as mentioned before) check your male and female terminals of the battery - it is possible that a fine hair can be stuck over 2 points and maybe causing the error 3. when the battery is installed does it feel perfectly fitting? 3. maybe the intelegent circuits got damaged somehow possibly causing the error 4. do a touch inspection of your battery to check for any swelling - also run the battery surfaces over your lips which can allow you to notice a bump if your fingers and eyes missed it - any swelling at all is not a good sign and maybe leads to the error message. 5 if in doubt send it back - not worth the risk of it failing midflight and losing your drone - good luck
2018-2-26
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

pomp Posted at 2018-2-26 00:28
I will try that later on, but I don't think that's the issue, usually get a temperature warning if its too cold (below 15 degrees C)

Thank you for your answer. Today I tried in the morning, it was  O.K. without any warming. I hope it won't come back again.
2018-2-26
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

What battery details in dji go app are saying?
2018-2-26
Use props
pomp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

UPDATE; Have now drained and recharged the battery - No joy on the error message. And  has been running an IMU calibration for over an hour, fairly sure battery will die soon before it finishes..
Been on to DJI who have said I will likely need to send it off for repair. Doesn't help me for my holiday this weekend
2018-2-26
Use props
pomp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update on this for anyone interested; I went ahead and bought a second battery. Works absolutely fine now. Not sure what caused the other one to give up but DJI think its not giving enough power to the drone. Voltage read outs through the app seems to be normal but what do I know.. Going to send it off for them to look at.

Cheers for the replies ^^
2018-2-28
Use props
irelan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12566 ft
Philippines

do you know how to fix this issue? i tried to clean the battery and downgrade the firmware but to no avail, other batteries are working good.
2018-4-15
Use props
irelan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12566 ft
Philippines

do you know how to fix this issue? i tried to clean the battery and downgrade the firmware but to no avail, other batteries are working good.
Screenshot_20180415-203614.jpg
2018-4-15
Use props
pomp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

irelan Posted at 2018-4-15 05:28

I believe it was just a battery issue. I didn't get any response from DJI they just sent me a new battery and works fine now! I'd suggest contacting DJI and get it sent off for them to look at!
2018-4-17
Use props
Gio Freyle
New
Flight distance : 65144 ft
Colombia

Hi guys,

I came here a couple of days ago looking for an answer to this error. Today I came bringing my own answer. I fixed it by spraying some electrical contacts cleaner on the battery contacts and then cleaned it with an old little toothbrush. After this I just plugged the battery on my Mavic air and  it worked just fine.
2018-4-20
Use props
Jaap55
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi All,

With one of my three batteries (Combo) , 8 month old, 5 -6 times used, I get the same error message and nothing suggested here helps.

The battery can be charged, and I can use it for taking video with the drone's camera for quite some time. The ventilation on the drone works well with this battery, but... the main task: getting the Mavic Air into the air, has become impossible.
Firmware is updated. Contacts are cleaned (tooth brush). Slides are in the right position. The two other batteries (same age) work flawless.

Any suggestions ,except for "buy a new one" (as suggested by the DJI-representative) is welcome.

Thanks for all input!

Jaap
2018-12-22
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

2018-12-22
Use props
Jaap55
lvl.1
Netherlands

Problem is solved. A bit of pinching of all the sides of the battery, especially where the slides are. I did this after watching a video-clip on how to take a mavic air battery apart, where it showed that the problem was due to a sensor that was mildly trapped and needed gentle relocation. It worked with pinching without opening the battery.
2018-12-22
Use props
TC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330151 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I'm having the same problem.
The Mavic Air does not take off and the message appears to check that the battery is perfectly connected.
The firmware is updated.
I've done everything, clean the contacts, totally discharged the battery in Mavic Air and recharge fully, disconnected and reconnect the battery, try to solve the problem through Dji Assistant .... and nothing!
This battery is original and came in the Fly more combo from Mavic Air.
The other two are working perfectly.
The battery has a little more than two months of the first charge. I started using this Mavic Air on December 2nd and it has only been giving trouble. First is the signal loss when mute from shooting to photography or vice versa. And now one of the three batteries is giving this problem.
The most interesting  is if you click inside the djigo4 app on the battery symbol and then in detail, it appears as connection ok.
Dji, look at us!
2019-2-17
Use props
TC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330151 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

TC2 Posted at 2-17 06:52
I'm having the same problem.
The Mavic Air does not take off and the message appears to check that the battery is perfectly connected.
The firmware is updated.

Time charged of this battery:10 Production date:2018-02
2019-2-17
Use props
djiuser_UBKG53TWEQrY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37894 ft
United States

Another Battery with the same error, I did not get much chance to fly often, the battery works for powering up, charging etc, it has only 42 charge cycles. Apparently, this is manufacturing defect and DJI wants us to buy a new one, and for the question I asked what if the new battery fails with the same error "Battery Not detected" after 6 months of warranty period, they did not answer.

I wish they fix the problem right after they saw a few hundred people ran into the same issues.
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_UBKG53TWEQrY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37894 ft
United States

TC2 Posted at 2-17 06:53
Time charged of this battery:10 Production date:2018-02

I believe, mine production date is the same as well, I bought them from Adorama
2019-2-25
Use props
Rsilva118
New

United States

Has anyone tried using the Litchi app and see if it allows you to fly regardless this is crazy, the battery clearly works as the air craft is powered on. I understand their is an issue reading levels and battery health but should be able to acknowledge the risk.
2019-5-24
Use props
KingCore
lvl.1

Netherlands

For those that still have this problem and do not have warranty anymore: check out the following link:
Also check out Jaap55 reaction here, he's got some more solid advice.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-170593-1-1.html

All thanks to Banan1970 that posted the video and link.
2019-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules