Issues charging a Inspire 2 battery
4477 7 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lifeguard 998
lvl.1
Norway

Hi guys

I´ve had my Inspire 2 in my office for almost 8 mnths without unboxing it ( please dont ask..) and this weekend I was finally up to taking out for a spinn. However - there seems to be an issue in reagds to one of those two bartteries. Meaning one of the is gainge power without any problems. The charge indicates a sollid green light on this battery, but the other seems to have some problems. It just wont charge. I guess. Removing the charged battery and leaving the emty one in the charger results in a green light that´s flashing around those other battery slots..like a circle.  Any ideas, folks.

Thanks
IMG_4011.JPG.jpeg
IMG_4013.JPG.jpeg
2018-2-25
Use props
Lifeguard 998
lvl.1
Norway

2018-2-25
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like one of your batteries is faulty, in that it is not being  auto detected by the charger.

Your explanation shows, that everything works fine with the other battery and charger.

Talk with DJI or your dealer about replacing the battery.

I think battery warranty may only be 6 months, but an exception should be made for dead out of the box.

Good Luck

Des
2018-2-25
Use props
Lifeguard 998
lvl.1
Norway

Des_B Posted at 2018-2-25 06:19
Looks like one of your batteries is faulty, in that it is not being  auto detected by the charger.

Your explanation shows, that everything works fine with the other battery and charger.

Thanks Des,

That was just what I thought. However - the dealer has closed their doors so Im afraid that the warranty of DJI might not help allot despite its just been out of the box. But agin, thanks for your feedback.
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Lifeguard 998 Posted at 2018-2-25 06:23
Thanks Des,

That was just what I thought. However - the dealer has closed their doors so Im afraid that the warranty of DJI might not help allot despite its just been out of the box. But agin, thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to tell you that the warranty period of battery is 6 months. Please use a new battery. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss..... and unfortunately there is no solution regarding this matter right now.  One of the issues is, the batteries are glued together making it very hard to take apart for repair. You will need to buy a new battery...... sorry   

I sent you a PM.

Rich
2018-3-4
Use props
Lifeguard 998
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-4 20:15
Sorry to tell you that the warranty period of battery is 6 months. Please use a new battery. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for understanding?

Understanding that DJI has the worse warranty policy ever!

Wanna conquer the Dji? Tear the drones apart, copy the algorithms and establish the same warranty policy that Vortex Optics offer.

2018-3-9
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Lifeguard 998 Posted at 2018-3-9 12:01
Thanks for understanding?

Understanding that DJI has the worse warranty policy ever!

Mate I have had to bin a battery with only 10 cycles on it due to battery error. It was never miss-used and I have dozens of third-party lipo's at home that I have never had issues with.  It's not even a year old!

I am almost certain the  built-in discharge function or the charger software is are causing the issues. Because of bad firmware and DJI mistakes we are having to buy new batteries each time one fails. Maybe this was their intention?

2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules