Mavic Air smells burning
3151 11 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sam Saini
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hi...i bought Mavic Air couple of weeks ago ....first flight was perfect and when i fly second time after 5 days, it starts smells burning and immediately i took the battery off and i took back to DJI authorized seller from where i bought this drone. They kept the drone for few days and returned me back and said there is no fault with this drone, but drone still smells weird like something heat up and melted inside, i explained them what happened and this was happened in first week, drone should be replaced, i found this is not a good service provided by DJI, sry to say that but any way can i fix this problem.
Thanks
Sam

2018-2-25
Use props
Sam Saini
lvl.1
New Zealand

Mavic Air smells burning

Hi...i bought Mavic Air couple of weeks ago ....first flight was perfect and when i fly second time after 5 days, it starts smells burning and immediately i took the battery off and i took back to DJI authorized seller from where i bought this drone. They kept the drone for few days and returned me back and said there is no fault with this drone, but drone still smells weird like something heat up and melted inside, i explained them what happened and this was happened in first week, drone should be replaced, i found this is not a good service provided by DJI, sry to say that but any way can i fix this problem.
Thanks
Sam

2018-2-25
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi Sam - if you can smell what you describe then you are right to not accept the reply from dji that nothing is wrong. Burn smeels only happen when something burns - does not happen randomly - as you say the smell is still there - Unfortunately you must not use your drone until it is fixed, if anything happens to it then the next thing dji will tell you is that you flew it knowing something was wrong and therefore it is your fault. I trust one of the moderators will assist you - i certainly hope so. My router recently took a lighting stike - most of the router continued to work (lights come on) but one circuit got fried and ultimately the entire devise failed because of the one fried circuit. When i took it in to be checked the frist thing they did was a smell test and passed it back to me - i could smell immediately what they were talking about - had to buy a new router (personal that was not a big deal - just bad luck) your situation is differant and your potential consequences much higher. the drone WILL NOT smell like burning if there was no problem - of course you realise this - good luck
2018-2-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Let's keep things correct. The answer did not come from DJI, but only an authorised shop. I suggest you open a support case with DJI directly: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - ship it back for a replacement
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Sam, sorry to read on your experience with our product and local retail store, if you still believe the drone doesn't smell good, we recommend to contact our support team and send in the drone to DJI official repair center for further diagnosis, here is the link to contact our support: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav Thank you for your understanding.
2018-2-25
Use props
Sam Saini
lvl.1
New Zealand

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-25 08:28
Let's keep things correct. The answer did not come from DJI, but only an authorised shop. I suggest you open a support case with DJI directly: https://www.dji.com/support

Thanks Mate
2018-2-25
Use props
Sam Saini
lvl.1
New Zealand

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-25 06:49
Hi Sam - if you can smell what you describe then you are right to not accept the reply from dji that nothing is wrong. Burn smeels only happen when something burns - does not happen randomly - as you say the smell is still there - Unfortunately you must not use your drone until it is fixed, if anything happens to it then the next thing dji will tell you is that you flew it knowing something was wrong and therefore it is your fault. I trust one of the moderators will assist you - i certainly hope so. My router recently took a lighting stike - most of the router continued to work (lights come on) but one circuit got fried and ultimately the entire devise failed because of the one fried circuit. When i took it in to be checked the frist thing they did was a smell test and passed it back to me - i could smell immediately what they were talking about - had to buy a new router (personal that was not a big deal - just bad luck) your situation is differant and your potential consequences much higher. the drone WILL NOT smell like burning if there was no problem - of course you realise this - good luck

Thanks for that..i was surprised when their repair center told me that nothing happens to the drone ..i will get back to them ..cheers  
2018-2-25
Use props
Sam Saini
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-25 18:35
Hello Sam, sorry to read on your experience with our product and local retail store, if you still believe the drone doesn't smell good, we recommend to contact our support team and send in the drone to DJI official repair center for further diagnosis, here is the link to contact our support: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for reply is this link still works for New Zealand?
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sam Saini Posted at 2018-2-25 21:41
Thanks for reply is this link still works for New Zealand?

Yes, it should work, please contact support team in working hours.
2018-2-25
Use props
Sam Saini
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-25 22:35
Yes, it should work, please contact support team in working hours.

Thanks Mindy...but they kept my drone for few days and returned back ....so if i took back to them they might not take it back..can you guys do something from your side
thanks
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sam Saini Posted at 2018-2-26 00:03
Thanks Mindy...but they kept my drone for few days and returned back ....so if i took back to them they might not take it back..can you guys do something from your side
thanks

Hi Sam, you can contact our support to start a ticket and they will guide you to send in, if you would like to send in via your dealer, please let us know the name of your dealer and do you have any service case number from them before? We will try to communicate with them, thank you.
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules