Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO+ AUDIO SYNC PROBLEMS!
693 6 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3space
lvl.1
Flight distance : 587359 ft
Canada

Hi everybody.
I bought an OSMO+, and out of the box, the audio didn't work. It actually worked for the first few seconds on each video, then cut out and a random point. I called DJI tech support, we went through everything, and it still didn't work. I told them I wanted to return it, to exchange for a new one. They told me that I should wait, to be called back. This waiting put me past my 14 days return time. When I called back, they told me I'd have to send it in for repair. I could not return it, because I was past the 14 days return time (because of DJI not calling me back). Anyway, I sent it in, and it has been returned, but in all, because of having to wait, I had been without my brand new OSMO+ for about 6 weeks. The audio now loses sync with the video, in this last case about 4 minutes in. I am hoping that the reason is firmware, as opposed to having to send it in again.

Can anybody (including DJI reps on this forum) advise? This has been an awfully problematic device right from the get-go. I'm hoping it is just mine that is a lemon, and that DJI can help resolve once and for all.

Thank you!

2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We sincerely apologize to hear about your unpleasant experience with our customer support, could you please leave us with the previous case number so that we could learn from this and keep improving our customer service?
For the sync problem, does it happen to all resolutions? What mic are you using? Internal or external mic? What is your current firmware version? Did you try to flash the firmware?
2018-2-25
Use props
3space
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-25 18:27
We sincerely apologize to hear about your unpleasant experience with our customer support, could you please leave us with the previous case number so that we could learn from this and keep improving our customer service?
For the sync problem, does it happen to all resolutions? What mic are you using? Internal or external mic? What is your current firmware version? Did you try to flash the firmware?

Hi. Thank you for your reply. The video was only tested at 4K 30fps.
Case Number: CAS-1463116-R8X1W9
CRM Number: CRM:0001001583542

The probelm originally occurred with the built-in mic, the 3" long accessory mic, and the Rode Video Microphone. Originally, the audio would get out of sync, then eventually quit. So far I have listened to 1 6m or so video, and the audio went out of sync. It did not entirely quit though. I'll have to do more videos to see whether it quits as it did originally. Does this happen on all OSMO+'s? Thank you.

2018-2-26
Use props
3space
lvl.1
Canada

3space Posted at 2018-2-26 04:59
Hi. Thank you for your reply. The video was only tested at 4K 30fps.
Case Number: CAS-1463116-R8X1W9
CRM Number: CRM:0001001583542

The firmware version is the same one that DJI shipped back to me 1.5 or so weeks ago. Please check your Case notes for that. I wanted to leave all exactly as it had originally been.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

3space Posted at 2018-2-26 05:04
The firmware version is the same one that DJI shipped back to me 1.5 or so weeks ago. Please check your Case notes for that. I wanted to leave all exactly as it had originally been.

We recommend to refer to the tutorial video below to flash the firmware of Osmo+ to see if it helps.
Please download the firmware here: https://www.dji.com/osmo-plus/info#downloads

If the issue persists, please test different resolutions and let us know if the issue happens to all footages, thank you.
2018-2-26
Use props
3space
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 05:55
We recommend to refer to the tutorial video below to flash the firmware of Osmo+ to see if it helps.
Please download the firmware here: https://www.dji.com/osmo-plus/info#downloads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvahCGAtZvU

Thanks Mindy. I'll give it a try, and get back to you.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

3space Posted at 2018-2-27 11:07
Thanks Mindy. I'll give it a try, and get back to you.

No problem, looking forward to your good news.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules