Zoom issue
7745 23 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f8dbdaf
lvl.1
Bahrain

Just got my osmo mobile 2 , And I'm using it with the note 8. I have noticed when trying to zoom in or out the zooming isn't smooth at all. Has anyone experienced this, and is there a fix for this .
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I have the APP version and the firmware version of your Osmo Mobile 2? Have you tried other mobile device to see if the issue persists? Can you please upload a short video to us about the zoom process if possible? Thank you.
2018-2-26
Use props
nawafshams
lvl.1
Bahrain

App version is 3.1.28, tried with the iphone and it seems to work fine.
2018-2-26
Use props
nawafshams
lvl.1
Bahrain

trying to upload a vid, but its not going through
2018-2-26
Use props
nawafshams
lvl.1
Bahrain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 01:16
Hi there, may I have the APP version and the firmware version of your Osmo Mobile 2? Have you tried other mobile device to see if the issue persists? Can you please upload a short video to us about the zoom process if possible? Thank you.

App version is 3.1.28, tried with the iphone and it seems to work fine.
2018-2-26
Use props
nawafshams
lvl.1
Bahrain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 01:16

i cant seem to upload the vid, its not going through
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Please upload the video to YouTube and then post the link here, thank you.
2018-2-26
Use props
nawafshams
lvl.1
Bahrain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 04:02
Please upload the video to YouTube and then post the link here, thank you.

2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nawafshams Posted at 2018-2-26 05:27
https://youtu.be/q1u1sqJ0Grg

Thanks for the video, just to verify, the firmware version of Osmo Mobile 2 is V2.1.0.20 right? I will forward your issue to our engineers for further test, I will keep you updated if there is any update.
2018-2-26
Use props
erichamzah
New
Flight distance : 98094 ft
Malaysia

Hi,i have the same problem..app version 3.1.43..using samsung note fan edition..zoom is not smooth
2018-8-14
Use props
HarryC
New
Flight distance : 18146 ft
United States

Pixel XL Android Pie/9  app version: 3.1.43 Firmware 2.2.0.30 Zoom is not as smooth as I think it should be. I'd like to control the speed of the zoom too. for my use it's abit too fast. Same issue before i updated to Android Pie/9 but maybe it's abit smoother than it was.  I've seen examples of zooming in while backing out to get the effect of the subject staying put while the adjacent area appears to expand or shrink but the zoom is too fast to make that work.
2018-8-15
Use props
Aundamun
New

Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 22:35
Thanks for the video, just to verify, the firmware version of Osmo Mobile 2 is V2.1.0.20 right? I will forward your issue to our engineers for further test, I will keep you updated if there is any update.

Zoom is not smooth. Please fix this issue.

Information
Model : Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F/DS)
Android version :  8.0
App version: 3.1.43
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aundamun Posted at 2018-8-16 18:41
Zoom is not smooth. Please fix this issue.

Information

Hi Aundamun, we have verified with our engineers, this is related to the Note 8 itself and your operation, please push the Zoom Slider gently and slowly to avoid this issue, thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Leepin
New
United States

Dear Mindy,

I have the same problem and I think there should be easy fix for it.
I bought the original OSMO but when I was playing with the OSMO 2 in Apple Store with iPhone app, the zooming is so smooth to live up the hype. So I bought a OSMO 2 though I had already had OSMO 1.  But to my disappointment, the Zoom Slider doesn't work well in Android phones. It's too sensitive.  So unfortunately, I had to return the OSMO 2.
There is an easy fix I can propose though.
Just do what you guys have done on controlling the Joystick configuration - allowing to select among Fast, Middle, and Slow. a simple change that fixed the Joystick sensitivity problem. Please let your Engineering guru work on adding a small change to allow Fast, Middle and Slow selection to control the Zoom Slider.
I'll rush to the store to buy the OSMO 2 immediately if that change is in place.
2018-8-24
Use props
keepclubbin
New
Turkey

Zoom is not smooth here as well
Model : Samsung S9+
App version: 3.1.43

Will you fix this?
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_KVhcuz3ywW6Z
New

Philippines

keepclubbin Posted at 8-28 01:03
Zoom is not smooth here as well
Model : Samsung S9+

I have the same problem too! I'm from Philippines

Same phone s9+
Android version 8.0

Osmo mob2 's zoom is not smooth..
2018-11-4
Use props
kalag1
New

Germany

Hi,

I purchased osmo mobile 2, 15 days back. Zoom works fine on iphone 8 where as when I try to use gimbal with my android phone Google pixel 2, zoom is not smooth. I can see the slight jerks with zoom in/out

Details :
Phone : Google pixel 2 (Android 9 )
App version : 3.1.50

I am thinking to return the gimbal back. Will some one respond if dji team will work to fix or its better to return the gimbal ?
2019-1-5
Use props
Jekee Bryan Tan Miraflor
New

Philippines

Hi! My wife gave me an osmo mobile 2 as a gift last December and I am experiencing the same problem with my Note 8 but not on my wife's iPhone X.

Is there an update to fix the issue for android devices please?

Firmware: 2.2.0.30
App: 3.1.50
2019-2-19
Use props
passenger1147
New
Canada

Any updates on this issue ?  I am experiencing the same stuttering zoom.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S8+
Firmware: 2.2.0.30
APP: 3.1.52
2019-4-3
Use props
Brandon Serna
New

Mexico

I hace the same problem in my Galaxy Note 9
Please Fix it ):
2019-6-14
Use props
GoldiePL
New
Poland

Same here...

LG G7
2019-6-24
Use props
Jazzyjas
New
India

I am facing the same issue. I am using Mi Note pro 6. With Android 9. Can anyone please help?
2019-8-2
Use props
djiuser_O8WmoanJlROk
New

Same issue. Zoom is not smooth, at all. To the point of not being able to use this feature.
Galaxy S8
Any updates available from DJI?
2019-10-10
Use props
djiuser_wtMmLb0l8HpV
New

Finland

Hi there! This issue has not improved. The zoom is still not smooth. I'm using samsung note 10+ and Osmo Mobile 3.
There is still a lack of features compared to IOS (iex slow motion, ability to choose different fps). I really feel that DJI is not taking android users seriously. These lacks should not be hard to solve for a comppany like DJI. I even feel a bit betrayed 'couse its not fair that other mobile users get more than others with same price.

Take responsibility DJI!

2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules