1637 17 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrohneMann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87415 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a proud DJI Phantom 4 Pro user and think that is one of the best drones on the market, but I have to say the DJI Spark is pretty impressive in its own right. I bought the Spark because I go a really good deal on Amazon on Black Friday. I was also not going to carry my huge and bulky Phantom to Europe because  I don't want to have to worry about that huge thing and couldn't take it anywhere. What I really like about Spark is its size and that I can just put it in a backpack in the small case with the batteries and controller and I have a drone to use. I brought it to Austria during Christmas vacation and I am really impressed with the footage and the way it all turned out. Its 1080p 30 frames per second quality can look really good if you have nice sunlight, which I got a few days on my trip, and with a little editing. I am in no way comparing it to my favorite drone from DJI and that would just be unfair and just not right. Down Below I will put my final edit from the trip and you let me know what you think and if you agree about Spark     

Heres the video I was referencing above.  

2018-2-25
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Liked the shots with the ants on skis.   The white blanket really helped the eye move to the movements below.  

Being able to take Spark out of its shoulder bag, hand launch it, and hand recover it, with out it ever touching dirt or snow is what I love about the Spark.  Start up is slowish with all the linking, but I can go from flying and filming (50 feet out) to back in my hand and walking away in 25 seconds.  Stealth.
2018-2-25
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Nice shooting. The exposure for the snow in sunlight was bang on. Did you have to use a filter?
2018-2-25
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-2-25 21:11
Nice shooting. The exposure for the snow in sunlight was bang on. Did you have to use a filter?

I didn't have a filter but added a little color correction in postproduction so there was no overexposure. It was not too overexposed to start, but the color correction made the snow and sun contrast just right.
2018-2-26
Use props
Leftyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Very Nice Shots!
2018-2-26
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Canada

DrohneMann Posted at 2018-2-26 05:43
I didn't have a filter but added a little color correction in postproduction so there was no overexposure. It was not too overexposed to start, but the color correction made the snow and sun contrast just right.

Good job in post, then. The contours in the snow stood out nicely. I don't suppose you know what the shutter speed was for those shots, eh? It must have been fairly high but I didn't notice any lack of smoothness.
2018-2-26
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-2-26 18:27
Good job in post, then. The contours in the snow stood out nicely. I don't suppose you know what the shutter speed was for those shots, eh? It must have been fairly high but I didn't notice any lack of smoothness.

I don't remember what shutter speed I used exactly but it was on the higher side.  I messed around with the shutter speeds and aperture during the trip and found what would work best on that given day. I found that to get the best results using manual would give me more freedom.  Complete Auto also gives a great result but I wanted to test out manual mode and see what Spark can do. Thanks for the positive feedback. What drone do you own and make videos with?

2018-2-26
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Canada

I got a Spark about a month ago but haven't had the courage to fly it outside in the winter so far, so no videos with it yet. I agree with you completely about manual exposure. I used to be a video cameraman/editor (retired now) so I learned long ago to avoid auto anything.

One thing I've noticed with the Spark footage I see is that whites, such as snow and waterfalls, tend to burn out even when the overall exposure is good. I gather that dynamic range is reduced on the smaller sensor, although that's just an assumption since I'm new to these flying cameras. That's why your shots of the snow in sunlight stood out for me. You beat the system!!
2018-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good footage!      
2018-2-27
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-8
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-8
Use props
chaparro
lvl.1
Spain

I recorded a video last year
let me know

https://www.kumodrones.es
2019-3-29
Use props
chaparro
lvl.1
Spain

chaparro Posted at 3-29 14:25
let me know

you can see more in
2019-3-29
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Wow that sure is a beautiful place. And you captured it well. Thanks for sharing.  
2019-3-29
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Hmm.... how are drone flying laws in Austria? I've heard it's extremely strict...
2019-3-30
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2019-3-30 01:10
Hmm.... how are drone flying laws in Austria? I've heard it's extremely strict...
Yeah they are, but this was taken two years ago. Also with Mavic Mini it isn’t as hard any more provided that you abide by the laws and use common sense. Don’t fly near airports, over people, above 400 AGL, etc. Best of all, in my  opinion, is currently you don’t need to register with FAA or AustroControl due to its weight being under 250 grams, but, with that being said, the government is the government so this could change at any moment. Hopefully they don’t so we can have more peace of mind while flying.
2020-3-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage of a fantastic location.  Thanks for sharing.
2020-3-12
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

chaparro Posted at 2019-3-29 14:25
let me know

Wow, that's awesome! Great Mixture of drone shots and shots from the ground.
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules