o(^-^)o
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Phantom 3 Advanced & Phantom 3 Professional
FAQ
June 25th
I.     Aircraft
1.    What’s the difference between Phantom 3 Advanced and Phantom 3 Professional?
Video Recording: the Phantom 3 Advanced’s camera records video at up to1080 P60 while the Phantom 3 Professional’s camera up to UHD P30.
RC Rated Power: 57 W(Phantom 3 Advanced); 100 W (Phantom 3 Professional).

2.    How long is the diagonal distance of Phantom3?
It is about 355mm.

3.   Can I assemble propeller guards for Phantom 3?
Yes. And please be noted that the screws of Phantom 2 Propeller guards are too long for Phantom 3.

4. Is there any update on the prop guards?
Yes, Please check Phantom 3 Propeller guards with below link:
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-propeller-guard

5.   What are the max flight altitude, distance, and time?
Max flight altitude value: cannot exceed 1640 feet (500 m).
RC Transmitting Distance:2000 m (Outdoor and Unobstructed).
Max FlightTime: Approximately 23 minutes.
(Please refer to Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced UserManual for more details).

6.  How to update firmware?
Please refer to “How to update firmware” guide:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
Or “Updating the firmware” from DJI Phantom 3 tutorials as below:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/video

7. Will Phantom 3 be equipped with a backpack?
We had launched two new combos, please check with below links:
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-professional-extra-battery-hardshell-backpack
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-advanced-extra-battery-hardshell-backpack

8.    Are P3’s accessories (propeller, battery,and Remote Control) interchangeable with that of P2?
No, none of them are interchangeable. P3 uses 9450 propeller which is designed specifically for its dynamic features. It islighter (and cheaper), and the P3’ propulsion system has Active Breaking function, so it is not recommended to use P2’s propeller for P3.

II.   Gimbal and Camera
1.    What’s the specs of camera lens?
Lens: FOV 94° 20mm (35mm formatequivalent) f/2.8, focus at ∞.

2.  Through changing the gimbal camera, can Phantom 3 Advanced update to Phantom 3 Professional,or can Phantom 3 Professional change into Phantom 3 Advanced?
Yes, sincetheir aircraft bodies are the same and the gimbal cameras share a same protocol,just being careful that they have to update to the corresponding firmware.

3.    What’s the supported SD card types for Phantom 3 andwhat’s the maximum capacity?
Micro SD.
Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required.

4.    What are the supported photo and video formats?  
Photo: JPEG, DNG
Video: MP4, MOV

5.  Is there transcoding tool for Phantom 3 similar to that of Inspire 1?
Yes, please check the transcoding tool with below link:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download.

6.  Is the P3 Professional camera compatible with P2V+?
No.

7.   Will Phantom 3 be equipped with severalfilters?
There will be several ND filters for P3: ND2/4/8/16 (P3 equipped with a UV lens)

8.   Is Phantom 3 compatible with other cameras?
It can’t be changed and can’t use other cameras.

9.  Can Inspire 1’s filter be used on Phantom 3?
No, Phantom 3 has its own filter which will be on sale later.

10. Can I use the Phantom 2V+`s gimbal rubber-damper for Phantom 3?
No.

III.  RC
1.  What’s the list of supported hardware and the recommended types of phone and tablet?
iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi +Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app isoptimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, GoogleNexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
*Additional supported Android devices will be available as testing anddevelopment continues

2.  What’s the video resolution on App?
720P.

3. Is there dual remote controller version for Phantom 3?
No.

4. Are there dual video outputs for P3? What are their video outputs?
There are currently no dual video outputs. HDMI adapter will be released later to support a HDMI output.

5.  What is the difference of the Inspire 1 remote controller and that ofthe Phantom 3?
There is no landing gear switch, no HDMI port, no 5.8G wireless transmission module, no masterremote controller nor slave remote controller function.

6.  Is the remote controller of Inspire 1 interchangeable with that of Phantom 3?
Currently, no.

7.    How does Phantom 3`s RC turn out HDMI signal (isthere a USB to HDMI adapter)?
There is no USB to HDMI adapter, but later wewill have a Phantom 3 HDMI output adapter.

8.    Does Phantom 3 support FPV Glass?
Later we will have adapter piece for HDMI, andit can support the device with standard HDMI protocol.

IV. Battery
1.  Is the battery in Phantom 2 interchangeable with that of Phantom 3?
No.

2. How long does it take to charge Phantom 3 battery? RC battery?
The 100W charger for Phantom 3 Professional charges fasterthan the 57W charger of Phantom 3 Advanced. They take 60 minutes and 96 minutesto charge their batteries respectively.
It takes about 4-5 hours to fully charge the RC battery.

3. Can remote controllercharge my mobile device?
With at least V1.1 firmware , Phantom 3 `s RC can charge only Android device, butnot iOS device.

V.  APP and Functions
1.  Is there a GPS positioning function for finding back my Phantom 3?
You can track down the P3 following the latest flight record in the APP, please always keep your Phantom visible when you fly it.

2.  Are there Point of Interest and H-lock function in Phantom 3?
Currently,there are no Point of Interest or H-lock in Phantom 3. For now, Phantom 3 hasonly Course-lock.

3.   Will there be Dynamic Home Point in Phantom3?
It will be released later, you can change the Home point in DJI-Pilot App for now.

4.    Is it possible to switch to manual mode?
No, it is not possible yet.

5.   When will Phantom 3 support functions such asfollow me, POI?
Yes, in approximately 1-2 months per R&D plan.

6.   Does the Phantom 3 APP support all kinds oflanguages that my device has?
No. Android App supports Chinese Simplified, Englishand Japanese. The ios APP supports Chinese Simplified, English,Japanese, French and Chinese Traditional, which will be coming soon.

7. Does Android APP have Simulator function?
Yes, it is planned to be released in the future.

8. What are the major functions in Android APP?
1) real-time HDvideo, achieving a constant motoring of flight data and map information
2)remote-controlledphoto shooting and video recording, proving a convinient adjustment of the tiltof gimbal and the photo parameters.
3) video editting,you can edit a flight video in no time and share it on social networks
4) function offlight data recording
5) user manual and Phantom 3 video are included inside
6) Youtube livestreaming for Phantom 3 Professional

9. What’s the main difference between P3 Android APP and iOS APP?
iOS APP has simulator function.

VI. FC
1.   What’s the normal Compass module value of Phantom 3?
1000-2000.

2.   What’s Phantom 3’s Flight controller?
Phantom 3 has a new built-in flight controlwhich compared to Phantom2 or NAZA flight control has a more superior controlaccuracy and stability. Its hardware platform uses stronger processing unitsand higher precision inertial measurement unit. And it has a dual-mode GPS.More advanced algorithms enhancing the flight altitude control stability andresponse speed. Customized rod input sensitivity curve in the app and flightaltitude sensitivity giving Phantom 3 excellent handling and linear statecontrol.

3.   What’sthe difference between Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced’s flight controller and that of Inspire 1
They are in same level but since Inspire 1’sdynamical system is stronger than Phantom 3, they have different parameters.

4.  Can we use the flight controller of Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced on other aircraft?
It is not recommended to DIY/disassemble thePhantom 3 Professional/Advanced flight controller, they were designed for anall-in-one unit.

5.  How to dealwith the Compass Interference of Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced?
Interference Hints
When thereis a strong magnetic interference in the flight environment, such ashigh-voltage lines, it may lead to a large increase in compass mod or cause adeviation in flight course. If this happens the LED or App will alert you tothis:

Interference  Influence

APP  Hints
LED
A  large increase in compass mod
Compass  interference-please calibrate the compass
Red  and yellow flashing alternatively
Deviation  in flight course
Compass  interference-Exit P-GPS mode
Red  and yellow flashing alternatively

Flight status under the interference
When theaircraft exits the P-GPS mode, it can’t hover steady and it will affect theflight experience or even caused an unsafety flight if you can`t fly in Attimode .
When any of the above warnings occur on the App, it is recommended to takeoff in other place, select a flight environment with no magnetic interference and restart the aircraft.

2015-5-2
Use props
Viking Tattoos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549531 ft
United States

Thanks for posting this
2015-5-3
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Probably should be stickied...
2015-5-3
Use props
jeff.wyman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agree, this is very helpful and should be stuck to top.

If possible, can you also comment on optimal battery charging strategy.  There's a post in here someplace that talks about only using batteries for 10 minutes for each of the first 10 flights (with full recharges after each flight) (see, for example:  http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/battery-conditioning.39938/ ).

Thanks again for all the info.
2015-5-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

jeff.wyman@mac. Posted at 2015-5-3 21:23
Agree, this is very helpful and should be stuck to top.

If possible, can you also comment on optima ...

Stuck to the top.  Thank you for your suggestion.
2015-5-3
Use props
nasongfoto
New

Thailand

Thank a lot
2015-5-4
Use props
mriderb
New
United States

I have Propeller Guards for my P2... they seem to fit my new P3 ..is there any problems using them on my P3?

Dave
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

Hong Kong

mriderb@aol.com Posted at 2015-5-7 10:23
I have Propeller Guards for my P2... they seem to fit my new P3 ..is there any problems using them o ...

Hi Dave,

No, Phantom 2 propeller guards fits the phantom 3 .
2015-5-8
Use props
justlai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155978 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, I've my Phantom which was activated by the dealer under his account, can I re-activate it using my own account? And can a rename the Phantom 3? Thanks.
2015-5-11
Use props
j.albrech
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi there.
Still waiting for my P3.
Will the P3 support my Samsung S4 at a later stage?
Also I have the Samsung Tab S tablet. Will it work with Dji app?????
2015-5-13
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

j.albrech@mweb. Posted at 2015-5-14 14:54
Hi there.
Still waiting for my P3.
Will the P3 support my Samsung S4 at a later stage?

P3 app supports Android v 4.1.2 or above, ios 8.0 or above. You can test with your mobile devices.
2015-5-18
Use props
greggsmith21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5677631 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will the Phantom 3 have the ability to leverage Ground Station capabilities for creating and uploading the flight path to the drone so that I can program a flight for the drone and tell it where to fly, how to fly with regards to what I want it to focus on like going around an object in a circle while keeping the camera focused on the object versus just flying around the object?

What does the drawing ability do in the Maps view?  I draw a line on the screen but I don't see waypoints or any other way of controlling the aircraft with that line.  The eraser doesn't work for me either.
2015-5-19
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What is the use for the Micro-USB Port on the Phantom 3 Aircraft itself?
2015-5-19
Use props
mraim
lvl.1

United States

Can I use iPad air 1 without cellular. I was told I have to cache the maps. What is that and how do I do that?  
2015-5-25
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

"5.  What is the difference of the Inspire 1 remote controller and that ofthe Phantom 3?
There is no landing gear switch, no HDMI port, no 5.8G wireless transmission module, no masterremote controller nor slave remote controller function.

6.  Is the remote controller of Inspire 1 interchangeable with that ofPhantom 3?
Currently, no.
"

l read that two Inspire transmitters were bound to a P3 at NAB as master and slave. ls there a way to do this with our stock P3s? l'm interested in this as a feature.
2015-6-7
Use props
mark_hersch
New

United States

Thinking about upgrading to the P3 Pro.  I note in the tech specs that compatible devices for Live View include iPad Air 2.  I have an iPad Air but not the 2.  Is this compatible?  Thanks
2015-6-8
Use props
mark_hersch
New

United States

mark_hersch@yah Posted at 2015-6-8 23:00
Thinking about upgrading to the P3 Pro.  I note in the tech specs that compatible devices for Live V ...

Never mind.  Just read above that it is.
2015-6-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

greggsmith21@me Posted at 2015-5-20 02:40
Will the Phantom 3 have the ability to leverage Ground Station capabilities for creating and uploadi ...

DJI is working on providing Waypoint and POI features for the P3

Also the company Autoflightlogic are developing a  program that will provide waypoints, POI and HL, they already have an app for Phantom2V+.  
(They are one of the SDK developers that are developing Apps for the Inspire and the P3'S Professional and Advanced)

It is currently in betatest for Inspire1 and Phantom3.
2015-6-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

mavs88@home.nl Posted at 2015-5-20 14:47
What is the use for the Micro-USB Port on the Phantom 3 Aircraft itself?

It is not currently needed because everything is done through the APP.
2015-6-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

mraim Posted at 2015-5-25 23:34
Can I use iPad air 1 without cellular. I was told I have to cache the maps. What is that and how do  ...

You so not need to have cellular service on your iOS device.

You can just log in to your home network with your wi-fi and cash the maps of the area you will be flying  before you leave.
2015-6-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-6-8 02:44
"5.  What is the difference of the Inspire 1 remote controller and that ofthe Phantom 3?
There is no ...

Currently no, that is not something you can do.
2015-6-11
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

Been looking high and low but can't find anything...
Do either or both cameras embed the gps location (geotag) in the images?
2015-6-13
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

mike.wildlight Posted at 2015-6-14 05:41
Been looking high and low but can't find anything...
Do either or both cameras embed the gps locatio ...

At this time they do not.
2015-6-15
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-16 08:57
At this time they do not.

Thanks Dave,
I'd thought I'd found that they did after that post??? (but could not actually get at my post to edit/delete/reply

Both MapsMadeEasy & pix4d are talking about using the geotagged images from the P3.

Found this in the forum even (turns out my search terms weren't right previously BTW)
http://forum.dji.com/thread-13906-1-1.html

What am I missing here?
Cheers
Mike

2015-6-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

mike.wildlight Posted at 2015-6-16 15:38
Thanks Dave,
I'd thought I'd found that they did after that post??? (but could not actually get at ...

Sorry about that.

I looked at the thread you linked to and also asked one of my fellow DJI support guys and, yes...,The Phantom3 camera does embed the gps location (geotag) in the images.
2015-6-16
Use props
pcmeid
lvl.2

South Africa

Hi, I would like to confirm that my Phantom 3 will not shut down if you are descending at full down during flight?
2015-7-2
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-17 02:34
Sorry about that.

I looked at the thread you linked to and also asked one of my fellow DJI suppo ...

All good
2015-7-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

pcmeid Posted at 2015-7-2 17:37
Hi, I would like to confirm that my Phantom 3 will not shut down if you are descending at full down  ...

It will not. You can descend that way if you wish.
2015-7-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

pcmeid Posted at 2015-7-2 17:37
Hi, I would like to confirm that my Phantom 3 will not shut down if you are descending at full down  ...

It will not shut down. You can decend that way if you wish.
Be carful of VRS though.
2015-7-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Some good info about VRS

http://quadcopter101.blogspot.com/20...-of-death.html

and

http://www.decodedscience.com/vortex...er-stall/23857
2015-7-10
Use props
mcallinan
New

United States

What's the best Android tablet for the flight controller?  Is it possible to have the video transmission from the flight controller provide a live feed into video mixing device?
2015-7-13
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

mcallinan Posted at 2015-7-14 09:25
What's the best Android tablet for the flight controller?  Is it possible to have the video transmis ...

I do not use Android so not sure the about the best one.
2015-7-13
Use props
dandorisphotogr
lvl.1

Canada

I have a problem with static on my p3 , worked fine for 1 month , static now on my videos that I have recorded up and down pixelation visible as I record , makes videos useless have you any experience in this matter , also since last update p3 drifts off  to one side , and also keeps wanting to drift towards the ground . You have to watch it like a hawk or else .I use the new I pad . Any information you have would be apreciated.
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

With the drift that is usually fixed by doing a compass calibration. If that does not fix it, do a advanced IMU calibration followed by a compass calibration.
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

As far as the static on you recored video. I am not sure of the answer for this one. I will look into it and get back to you with what could be causing it and what will fix it.
2015-7-14
Use props
Thommo
lvl.1

Australia

Hey DJI-Dave... will ground station be happening any time soon?
2015-7-16
Use props
f.maier
lvl.1

Austria

Hello DJI,

I spent a lot of time in Phantom 3 flights and made a lot of photo and areal video.

Congratulation ! You have done a good job - since there is not one drone what would be nearly the same quality and offers that wide range of options in this price segment.
Your hardware quality together with your good working software offers the best for that price on the market so that you are the leader of camera drones in this segment at this time.
But as you have set the standard all the other manufactors are not sleeping and the only chane to get some market out there is to compare ther producta with phantom 3 and make the things better with exact the options that are missing on p3.

3DR will deliver their Solo Drone shortly also Euopewide. I cant say anything about the hardware at this point but they try to make a good job and they recognized what the users want to have..

DJI has best drone hardware ( maybe better than 3dr ? ) but they will give the software options which we all miss on phantom 3 series.

1.) Orbis Feature
2.) programmable flight paths ( 3dr calls it cable cam )
3.) follow me
4.) selfie Mode

Now you are the top of all drones with p3 and inspire 1 at every store in this price segment.
If 3dr solo arrives in the shops you will lose many buyers because of the missing features which are only software parts which coulld be done easily for you.

The bad thing: we all want to know what of the features above ( and belive that follow me is the uniportantst one of those ) you are planing or working on and when we can count with an realistic date for an update.
I am sure there are also many users which would pay fore these fatures like if you would give ground station features for inspire and p3.

Can you give us real information on these features or where is the problem ?

Its very hard to understand that nobody from. Dji comes out with real answers  on these questions but we all know that you already have all these possibilities in combination with ground Station...

So.. I hope you will give us answers for this... Because everyday i hear the people in the shops discussing and saying:"yes dji p3 is the best in his class but there are some things missing and they give no answer about these features but soon there will be another brand calles 3dr which offers all you want to nearly simmilar price Level.

It would be absolutely not be understandable if dji dont wants to stay as leader of drones in this market level only because of some small missing software features ... Features that dji has already

Best regards from austria
Florian
2015-7-17
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

What is the max recommended humidity  for flying?
2015-7-17
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Thommo Posted at 2015-7-17 07:52
Hey DJI-Dave... will ground station be happening any time soon?

I have been told it will be soon. But no one has defined soon for me.
So I con not really say when it will be. Sorry...
2015-7-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

f.maier Posted at 2015-7-18 07:44
Hello DJI,

I spent a lot of time in Phantom 3 flights and made a lot of photo and areal video.

Great post Florian. I wish I could tell you the exact date of when everything that is proposed will come out.
Unfortunately I can not. I can tell you that is something DJI usually does not do. I do not know the reason why, maybe in the future that will change.
Sorry.
2015-7-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules