Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
barely used and already broken, poor quality
919 20 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xman
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

Got this 330 USD present for my birthday back in April, I used it a couple times maybe you can check that thru the use of the app.
Then just like many other Osmo Mobile, my broke around the screw in the arm.
Cannot believe DJI is selling those products without having some basic test done to it.
This product didn't work with my iphone 6s, I finally swith to a Samsung S8 and have it to work... for like 1 DAY !!!!

What are you gonna do for me before I post those picture on Social media ?

2018-2-25
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

2018-2-25
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi xman, sorry to read on your post, it is hard to believe the arm got broken since it is made of magnesium alloy, we apologize for the trouble caused, please contact our support https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav to start a ticket and send in the device for further diagnosis, thank you.
2018-2-26
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

sorry to hear about your osmo mobile.  Looks like DJI is open to helping get this resolved.  I'd send it back with all the information they request.  Good luck and post the outcome of your osmo.
2018-2-26
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 01:12
Hi xman, sorry to read on your post, it is hard to believe the arm got broken since it is made of magnesium alloy, we apologize for the trouble caused, please contact our support https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav to start a ticket and send in the device for further diagnosis, thank you.

Hi Mindy,
thanks for your email, I will contact the support and see how it goes.
2018-2-26
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-2-26 05:20
sorry to hear about your osmo mobile.  Looks like DJI is open to helping get this resolved.  I'd send it back with all the information they request.  Good luck and post the outcome of your osmo.

I will post the outcome thanks.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

xman Posted at 2018-2-26 21:50
Hi Mindy,
thanks for your email, I will contact the support and see how it goes.

OK, please let me know if you need any further assistance during the repair process, hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
2018-2-26
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 22:32
OK, please let me know if you need any further assistance during the repair process, hope the issue will get sorted out soon.

Here is the outcome...

they are saying that the Osmo had an impact... which is not TRUE and so asking me to pay LOL.

Remarks:        Technotes: - Osmo mobile: 103LE2M00201RY 0BSKEB1400017T - Broken Gimbal due to impact. - No DJI Care.

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Mobile Phone Clip        1        52.00        52.00
Repair Service Fee        1        65.00/H        65.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        117.00
Discount:                        -40.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        77.00

So as you proposed Dji Mindy, if you can help that would be better than posting all the story and picture on Twitter, Instagram and FB.

Thanks
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

xman Posted at 2018-3-6 18:16
Here is the outcome...

they are saying that the Osmo had an impact... which is not TRUE and so asking me to pay LOL.

Could you please also post the case number here? I will escalate your concern to appropriate department for further communication. Thank you.
2018-3-7
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-7 03:23
Could you please also post the case number here? I will escalate your concern to appropriate department for further communication. Thank you.

sure here it is : CAS-1504966-B6M4K5
thanks
2018-3-7
Use props
tioe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

There is a huge pore in the cast along with discolouration, also smaller pores at the bottom. It would appear to be a problem of quality control in the foundry.
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

xman Posted at 2018-3-7 19:37
sure here it is : CAS-1504966-B6M4K5
thanks

Thanks for the case number, your concern has been escalated to appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for the patience.
2018-3-8
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-8 04:42
Thanks for the case number, your concern has been escalated to appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for the patience.

Thank you for your action,
2018-3-8
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

xman Posted at 2018-3-8 06:56
Thank you for your action,

Your case has been escalated to the appropriate department for further review. We have reviewed your information and our technician  has determined that the incident will not be covered under warranty. The Osmo showed no signs of a manufacturing defect or malfunction.  If you choose to move forward with your repair simply, pay your invoice. The repair/replacement will begin once the payment is confirmed. If you have selected to not pay for your repair, we can arrange to have your craft returned to you as is, without repair.

To avoid multiple active cases, this complaint case is now closed. If you need further assistance, please call our customer service support line and reference: CAS-1504966-B6M4K5
2018-3-8
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

xman Posted at 2018-3-8 21:57
Your case has been escalated to the appropriate department for further review. We have reviewed your information and our technician  has determined that the incident will not be covered under warranty. The Osmo showed no signs of a manufacturing defect or malfunction.  If you choose to move forward with your repair simply, pay your invoice. The repair/replacement will begin once the payment is confirmed. If you have selected to not pay for your repair, we can arrange to have your craft returned to you as is, without repair.

That's the way DJI is handling customer relation
2018-3-8
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

xman Posted at 2018-3-8 21:57
That's the way DJI is handling customer relation

even if we see other cases that looks exactly the same.... https://forum.dji.com/thread-117467-1-1.html
2018-3-8
Use props
xman
lvl.1
United States

xman Posted at 2018-3-8 21:59
even if we see other cases that looks exactly the same.... https://forum.dji.com/thread-117467-1-1.html

and forgot to tell that the guy on the phone today almost told that I should say "thank you" for the 40 $ discount on the repair...
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

xman Posted at 2018-3-8 22:04
and forgot to tell that the guy on the phone today almost told that I should say "thank you" for the 40 $ discount on the repair...

Sorry that the damage cannot be covered by warranty, I believe our supervisor has made the final decision after double evaluating the device, thanks for your understanding,
2018-3-9
Use props
xman
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-9 02:38
Sorry that the damage cannot be covered by warranty, I believe our supervisor has made the final decision after double evaluating the device, thanks for your understanding,

I finally paid the repair since I didn't have many choice. The device got back without the charging cable that was sent with to the repair and on top of that the Osmo doesn't detect my phone when this one is mount on... GREAT JOB DJI !!!!  
Know what am I suppose to do with an Osmo that doesn't work properly ?
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

xman Posted at 2018-4-15 15:48
I finally paid the repair since I didn't have many choice. The device got back without the charging cable that was sent with to the repair and on top of that the Osmo doesn't detect my phone when this one is mount on... GREAT JOB DJI !!!!  
Know what am I suppose to do with an Osmo that doesn't work properly ?

Please try to turn off 'Mobile phone detect' in Gimbal Settings to see if it helps. For the lack of charging cable, I will escalate to the local team for investigation. Sorry for the trouble caused.
2018-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules