1507 18 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help me. I baught a Mavic Air from a dealer. After nine days i noticed that the drone had an issue with alltitude readings, The height was not correct which among other things was causing issue with landing on RTH. I made sveral Videos of this and screen recordings to show what was happening.

Cut a long story short, i took back to dealer who tested it and saw the same issues. They have now told me to wait whilst they deal with DJI, who claim from the flight data sent to them, there is no issue with the drone, which is incorrect.

Dose anyone know the process here with dealers, is it up to the dealer to replace the drone then take it up with DJI or do they log a case with DJI on customers behalf and deal with DJI. I am not sure if i should be pushing the dealer for a replacment, is the warranty with them as a offical DJI reseller or is it with DJI?

Keith
2018-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14103563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, the dealer sold the product to you and if the product is defective out of the box it is their responsibility to ensure that the item they sold you performs how it is intended - they are not an 'intermediary handler' but the seller - they took your money...
You should simply hand it back and they replace it from existing stock - that is your basic statutory consumer right. I have returned three DJI drones to Apple in my time and received immediate refunds as within 14 days of purchase on each.
2018-2-26
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-26 02:18
Yes, the dealer sold the product to you and if the product is defective out of the box it is their responsibility to ensure that the item they sold you performs how it is intended - they are not an 'intermediary handler' but the seller - they took your money...
You should simply hand it back and they replace it from existing stock - that is your basic statutory consumer right. I have returned three DJI drones to Apple in my time and received immediate refunds as within 14 days of purchase on each.

thanks for the reply, trouble is I live in Thailand and the consumer laws are little different. I was wanting to new how DJI process this, if the official dealers are meant to do this, not sure if the Dealer is shifting responsibility. Trouble spoke to DJI support who were not very helpful either. So I am kind of stuck at the moment
2018-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m not sure of consumer rights in Thailand... most probably different to the UK. Is the dealer an authorised DJI reseller? If not then the warranty may be void!
2018-2-26
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-26 06:12
I’m not sure of consumer rights in Thailand... most probably different to the UK. Is the dealer an authorised DJI reseller? If not then the warranty may be void!

they are an official authorised dealer, yes.
2018-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Then I would return to the dealer, ask to speak to a Manager on arrival and demand an immediate replacement in the nicest possible way! If they refuse then ask them to return the drone to DJI to repair.
2018-2-26
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-26 06:18
Then I would return to the dealer, ask to speak to a Manager on arrival and demand an immediate replacement in the nicest possible way! If they refuse then ask them to return the drone to DJI to repair.

Thanks, kind of what we are in the process of doing. DJI are not been helpful either though. They did submit the flight data and the videos I made which show the drones crashing into the ground on RTH landing. Also the two screen recording showing this, there is over 25m difference in the height it recording at the home point on the first landing and the second. DJI even said the flight data showed errors with the barometer, but all modules of an aircraft work, kind of a contradiction in terms. So either the Air is no where near as reliable as the spark which has never had these problems in the same location, or there is an issue with it. Just feel like I am fighting a losing battle.  Thanks for your advise. It is getting to the stage where I will tern up in shop with my wife and land lady who very good at been angry customers. Hell have no fury and all that...
2018-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The responsibility does rest with the store so I would go back in person and make a big complaint! Good luck.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Keith, have you got any case number from the dealer? Generally, the dealers will report in the dealer system if they can't handle it. Could you contact the dealer for double check? We'd like to see the exact status. Thanks so much!
2018-2-26
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-26 19:20
Hi Keith, have you got any case number from the dealer? Generally, the dealers will report in the dealer system if they can't handle it. Could you contact the dealer for double check? We'd like to see the exact status. Thanks so much!

It is in the dealer system. CAS-1483668-S6K6H7. The last status I saw was your support said there was no issues, although they did say there was an error with the barameter. Please see these videos. I would say its a perrty big error.

I beg to differ. Even the dealer has submitted his own tests with simular results. Also this case was logged two weeks ago, and had no response from you until last Friday. I do not know what is going on except, I paid a lot of money and as it stands nothing to show for it. So between you and the dealer, please can I have working drone asap.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thatmrkeithy Posted at 2018-2-26 19:31
It is in the dealer system. CAS-1483668-S6K6H7. The last status I saw was your support said there was no issues, although they did say there was an error with the barameter. Please see these videos. I would say its a perrty big error.

https://youtu.be/azZqBkvDdxY

Received with thanks! I'll double check with the engineers and help you get an update asap.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: I just got the message from our engineers that they need more data for analysis. The issue in the video cannot be verified in the flight data you offered before. Could you export the flight data when you recorded the video? It is recommended to upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link here, I'd like to keep following.
2018-2-26
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-26 23:11
Update: I just got the message from our engineers that they need more data for analysis. The issue in the video cannot be verified in the flight data you offered before. Could you export the flight data when you recorded the video? It is recommended to upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link here, I'd like to keep following.

The dealer has the drone and so far as I know they sent all the data. I will ask them again
2018-2-26
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-26 23:11

Sorry what was the date of the data submitted, this was done by the dealer, I made these videos on the 11th feb, do they have that data?
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thatmrkeithy Posted at 2018-2-26 23:43
Sorry what was the date of the data submitted, this was done by the dealer, I made these videos on the 11th feb, do they have that data?

Per the case log, the data we received is 12th Feb 07:55(GMT), which named DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-02-13_12-12-35 DAT file. If you are not sure which one is correct, please send all data to us as well, thanks.
2018-2-27
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-27 03:18
Per the case log, the data we received is 12th Feb 07:55(GMT), which named DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-02-13_12-12-35 DAT file. If you are not sure which one is correct, please send all data to us as well, thanks.

What I am trying to identify is if it contains the flight logs from the 11 feb which is when the videos were made. The dealer says they gave all the data, yet your tech support says they do not see a problem in data although on one of there responses they mention seeing errors with the barometer which is responsible for the altitude reading. I don't understand this as the videos clearly show an issue, why would the data not show this. If they gave everything, there should be about 9 days worth of flight logs. They are now returning the drone to you.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thatmrkeithy Posted at 2018-2-27 06:03
What I am trying to identify is if it contains the flight logs from the 11 feb which is when the videos were made. The dealer says they gave all the data, yet your tech support says they do not see a problem in data although on one of there responses they mention seeing errors with the barometer which is responsible for the altitude reading. I don't understand this as the videos clearly show an issue, why would the data not show this. If they gave everything, there should be about 9 days worth of flight logs. They are now returning the drone to you.

Sorry about this. Per the case log, we only received one flight log as I mentioned above. I'm afraid that the issue may not be verified if the flight data and records are not from the same flight. If you are unable to offer more info, return the drone for inspection will be suggested as well.
2018-2-27
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-27 21:20
Sorry about this. Per the case log, we only received one flight log as I mentioned above. I'm afraid that the issue may not be verified if the flight data and records are not from the same flight. If you are unable to offer more info, return the drone for inspection will be suggested as well.

Hi

Yes its already on its way, I think this best, then you guys can see the issue first hand. Then with any luck we can get this resolved, many thanks.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thatmrkeithy Posted at 2018-2-27 21:28
Hi

Yes its already on its way, I think this best, then you guys can see the issue first hand. Then with any luck we can get this resolved, many thanks.

Well noted, thanks! The designated team will take care and keep follow up. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules