Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
can not remove filter on the drone
1391 20 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264308 ft
Sweden

have bought new polarpro filters. Can not remove that is on the drone.
Is impossible. Have watched youtube video how to do it.

have tried elastic band. rubber gloves

tips how to do?
2018-2-26
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Hello . Could you send a picture here, Just to get an impression about. Thx.
2018-2-26
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use just 2 fingers a very very light grip and twist - if you grip to much you just lock the threads....
2018-2-26
Use props
FarmerMac
First Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I had the same problem, but a very gentle grip with two fingers and no force it got off without any problem.
I thought it was stuck but it wasen't
2018-2-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

This has been talked about for a very long time! Totally understand your frustration though. Doesn't look like it should be that hard. Like others have already said, most of the time you are using too much pressure. To explain, that outer lens cover is very thin, and is very easily distorted, which causes it to resist turning. After you do get it off, you can see just how fragile it really is. Don't get frustrated and resort to pliers or anything like that. A joke was made one time that when you get tired of trying, let your wife do it! I'm not suggesting that is the right thing to say, but the point is most women would probably not have quite the grip as some men. Literally just lightly place you fingers around it and hold the camera with your other hand, then a little twist. The rubber bands, tape, etc. all do help spread out the load...................be patient, when you do finally get it off, and you will, you might put just a drop of light oil (sparingly) on those threads to help removing and installing in the future.
2018-2-26
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-2-26 08:51
This has been talked about for a very long time! Totally understand your frustration though. Doesn't look like it should be that hard. Like others have already said, most of the time you are using too much pressure. To explain, that outer lens cover is very thin, and is very easily distorted, which causes it to resist turning. After you do get it off, you can see just how fragile it really is. Don't get frustrated and resort to pliers or anything like that. A joke was made one time that when you get tired of trying, let your wife do it! I'm not suggesting that is the right thing to say, but the point is most women would probably not have quite the grip as some men. Literally just lightly place you fingers around it and hold the camera with your other hand, then a little twist. The rubber bands, tape, etc. all do help spread out the load...................be patient, when you do finally get it off, and you will, you might put just a drop of light oil (sparingly) on those threads to help removing and installing in the future.

yep less is more in lens removal !
2018-2-26
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a filter wrench for the Phantom Filter on eBay. I bought a couple and they work out well and for cheap money.
2018-2-26
Use props
IamWedge
First Officer
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

I think the best thing to do when you install these is to tighten it down then back it off just a tiny bit. Instead of two fingers... try three. as others have said you want to distribute the load.
2018-2-26
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30190 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

The front of the filter you can turn around  (red arrow) to set the filter darker and lighter. turn this front a couple of times counterclockwise and then with two fingers take the ribbed (blue Arrow) filter part and srew it also couterclockwise and it will come of easly    
2018-2-26
Use props
James R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423871 ft
United States

Most times, I just have to  change the position of my hands. Sometimes making an "0" with my pointer finger and thumb on my right hand,  then grabbing the gimbal with my left hand, I will twist it off using my right hand. Doesnt take a lot of pressure. Its more of a finesse thing.
2018-2-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Vayreda Posted at 2018-2-26 16:08
Hi,

The front of the filter you can turn around  (red arrow) to set the filter darker and lighter. turn this front a couple of times counterclockwise and then with two fingers take the ribbed (blue Arrow) filter part and srew it also couterclockwise and it will come of easly [view_image]

He is asking about the IR filter on the camera, not the PolarPro filter.
2018-2-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lick ya fingers, wipe off excess, then very gently turn the cover anticlockwise, if itdoes not turn, you are holding too tight, apply less pressure and it will turn,
2018-2-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Vayreda Posted at 2018-2-26 16:08
Hi,

The front of the filter you can turn around  (red arrow) to set the filter darker and lighter. turn this front a couple of times counterclockwise and then with two fingers take the ribbed (blue Arrow) filter part and srew it also couterclockwise and it will come of easly [view_image]

These at not like the stock lens cover. The ND filters can be turned to adjust, but has nothing to do with what the OP is asking.
2018-2-27
Use props
ande
lvl.3
Sweden

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-2-26 05:25
I had the same problem, but a very gentle grip with two fingers and no force it got off without any problem.
I thought it was stuck but it wasen't

Have try with 2 fingers a very light grip and twist. Does not work.
I have a filter wrench and  Does not work either
2018-3-5
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

ande Posted at 2018-3-5 12:03

Not sure if you have this in your country but you might need something like WD-40 or sewing machine oil. You just need to put a very small drop on the top at the point where the filter meets the housing and then let it sit in a warm spot for 10 minutes or so to give the oil time to sink in around the threads. Then you can try the filter wrench or light fingers.  Once it is removed, just wipe the oil off.
2018-3-5
Use props
FarmerMac
First Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

ande Posted at 2018-3-5 12:03

2018-3-5
Use props
James R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423871 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-3-5 22:10
Not sure if you have this in your country but you might need something like WD-40 or sewing machine oil. You just need to put a very small drop on the top at the point where the filter meets the housing and then let it sit in a warm spot for 10 minutes or so to give the oil time to sink in around the threads. Then you can try the filter wrench or light fingers.  Once it is removed, just wipe the oil off.

I actually had my first difficult time getting the lens off. I just kept changing my hand/finger position until it came off. DO NOT get mad and try to twist really hard....
2018-3-5
Use props
ande
lvl.3
Sweden

James R Posted at 2018-3-5 23:03
I actually had my first difficult time getting the lens off. I just kept changing my hand/finger position until it came off. DO NOT get mad and try to twist really hard....

WD 40 dose not work
2018-3-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I have to ask, are you turning it anticlockwise to undo it?The WD-40 won't hurt, try to put a small amount right around the joint where the filter meets the housing.
2018-3-8
Use props
ande
lvl.3
Sweden

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-3-8 23:05
I have to ask, are you turning it anticlockwise to undo it?The WD-40 won't hurt, try to put a small amount right around the joint where the filter meets the housing.

I turning it anticlockwise
2018-3-9
Use props
ande
lvl.3
Sweden

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-3-8 23:05

I turning it anticlockwise
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules