Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Couple of issues Thumb controller and wobbling
1587 3 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans77b0cc21
lvl.1
Finland

Hi,I have a couple of issues with DJI Ronin-m.  Frist problem is with binding thumb controller.  When I turn on the ronin-m the binding light starts flashing red and when I push the binding button nothing happens. It does not turn green, it just blinks red. I have upgraded all the firmware: the thumb controller and the gimbal to the latest, but it did not help.  I have tried everything and I think maby the the controllerboard is fried or something? The gimbal turns on and balance the camera and I can connect it with usb-cable and bluetooth but not with the thumb-controller.

The another problem is when the gimbal is on and I turn to left or right the gimbal does not turn smoothly. It turns more like wobbling so the at the moment gimbal is unusable. Here is link to video on youbute where you can see what do I mean:

I also noticed that when I connect ronin to computer the Assist software says that the battery is not intelligent battery. And yes I have pushed the battery all way to the bottom firmly and it is not loosen. I have tried two differend batteries and they are original batteries and I they used to work all fine.

Could this be the reason for thease issues? The battery contacts seems to be ok but could there be some broken cable inside the gimbal etc and cause these problems?

This gimbal used to work fine about 1 year and then we had to send it to DJI service because one motor stopped working but now after the service we did not use it at all for about a 6 months until now...

Thank you for the help!
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the experience with our product, if all the firmware has been up to date including GCU, the receiver and the thumb controller and the issue still persists, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation.
For the battery, please make sure the contact is clean and the battery is inserted firmly, I saw you have already done that, we recommend to send in this battery as well, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.
2018-2-28
Use props
Alex 1979
New

Spain

Hi.
I have the same problem with the thump controller. I've updated and it only works 10 seconds.

It works only when I reload the GCU update. And although the battery is still working.
Some help ?
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Alex 1979 Posted at 2018-2-28 05:36
Hi.
I have the same problem with the thump controller. I've updated and it only works 10 seconds.

Can you try to reinstall the firmware? You can also send me a personal message with a video on what you are experiencing.
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules