2294 7 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aAaldo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298904 ft
Portugal

Hello DJI Community,

I'm experiencing some problem with the panorama capture on the Mavic Air. In some random situations, the aircraft will either refuse to shoot the panoramic picture, or fail to complete the shooting process.
2 recents example :
  • i tried to shoot an horizontal panorama at approximatly 40m of altitude, 200m of distance, and the capture process got stuck after at the second shot our of 9.
  • i tried to shoot an horizontal panorama at approximatly 70m of altitude, 300m of distance, and the capture process simply refused to start. Briefly before, i got a high wind velocity warning. I then moved the aircraft closer, and the panorama worked flawlessly.

Another precision : the problem occurs on both the internal memory and the SD Card. For the later, i currently use a SanDisk Ultra 32Gb (Class 10 - U1/A1).

Is this a known bug of the current firmware ?
2018-2-26
Use props
Giant53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

With a class 10 U1 card it can happen that the pano cannot be finished. I had the same problem which was solved as soon as I used a Sandisk Extreme U3 card. Never had a problem since. It should be fine when using internal memory as well.
2018-2-26
Use props
aAaldo
lvl.4
Portugal

Giant53 Posted at 2018-2-26 08:30
With a class 10 U1 card it can happen that the pano cannot be finished. I had the same problem which was solved as soon as I used a Sandisk Extreme U3 card. Never had a problem since. It should be fine when using internal memory as well.

ok i'll try with a faster card so
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just to verify, was there an error message in the app when the process failed? Some occasions might not be able to shot a pano: the drone is moving, sticks are moving to quit, height/distance limitation, the gimbal is stuck, the gimbal is moving and insufficient space and so. Please check if you are in one of the conditions. If it doesn't simply work, it would be nice if you can provide me with a video of the operating procedure, I would like to check. Thank you.
2018-2-26
Use props
AM0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 415554 ft
Estonia

Try switching off APAS before taking panorama.
Look at this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
2018-2-27
Use props
aAaldo
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-26 23:05
Hi there, just to verify, was there an error message in the app when the process failed? Some occasions might not be able to shot a pano: the drone is moving, sticks are moving to quit, height/distance limitation, the gimbal is stuck, the gimbal is moving and insufficient space and so. Please check if you are in one of the conditions. If it doesn't simply work, it would be nice if you can provide me with a video of the operating procedure, I would like to check. Thank you.

I've checked more carefully the flight log and 2 warning poped out : the "Warning : shooting is not permitted" and then "Strong interference". Can this explain why the shot failed ? The aircraft was set to use the Memory Card (Class10 A1/U1 Sandisk Ultra) with 28Gb free. Btw, i manage to take it by moving a little lower and closer to my position.

IMG_1325.jpg
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

aAaldo Posted at 2018-2-27 02:57
I've checked more carefully the flight log and 2 warning poped out : the "Warning : shooting is not permitted" and then "Strong interference". Can this explain why the shot failed ? The aircraft was set to use the Memory Card (Class10 A1/U1 Sandisk Ultra) with 28Gb free. Btw, i manage to take it by moving a little lower and closer to my position.

Then it might relate to the wind which causes the gimbal or drone movement as I listed above. You need to avoid the situations that I mentioned above. BTW, the gimbal also needs to switch on the 30 degrees limit. Thank you.
2018-2-27
Use props
aAaldo
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-27 03:13
Then it might relate to the wind which causes the gimbal or drone movement as I listed above. You need to avoid the situations that I mentioned above. BTW, the gimbal also needs to switch on the 30 degrees limit. Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look to those parameters on my next flight. The Air seems way more sensitives to those matter than the spark imo. Is it something that might get better with future software updates ?
A more detailled error message would be a good start
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules