First Time Gimbal User
1201 6 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
the bald travel
lvl.2
Singapore

I was glad that i received the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 ahead via apple store preorder. Just in time for my Thailand trip. Using the gimbal was very straighforward and easy except some bugs along the way. There are times the gimbal act funny when double clicking the recenter button. I use a Hero 5 instead of my iPhone 7 Plus, during my practice days iPhone 7 Plus with the DJI app causes the phone camera temp rises after a few minutes of use.

Below is the video i created for Ayutthaya Trip in Thailand.

2018-2-26
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

When you use the iPhone, do you keep it in any kind of protective case?  If so, try using with without the case to see if that is the cause of the heat problem.  Do you have anything else plugged into the iPhone while you're using it in the Osmo?   I have an Osmo Mobile with my iPhone 8+ - no overheat problem.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing the nice footage with us, just to clarify, did you balance the gimbal well when you attach iPhone 7 Plus? Does the Hero 5 have the overheating issue?
2018-2-26
Use props
the bald travel
lvl.2
Singapore

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-26 10:40
When you use the iPhone, do you keep it in any kind of protective case?  If so, try using with without the case to see if that is the cause of the heat problem.  Do you have anything else plugged into the iPhone while you're using it in the Osmo?   I have an Osmo Mobile with my iPhone 8+ - no overheat problem.

Yes with a case, the dji app will cause the phone camera to heat more compare to the native camera app but anyway I didn’t used it that long not sure if it just a normal response and temp will stabilise later on
2018-2-26
Use props
the bald travel
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 22:31
Thanks for sharing the nice footage with us, just to clarify, did you balance the gimbal well when you attach iPhone 7 Plus? Does the Hero 5 have the overheating issue?

Thanks!
Yes well balance else the OM2 will struggle and vibrate. For the gopro no problem since its just like normally using the Go Pro to capture the video
2018-2-26
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

the bald travel Posted at 2018-2-26 22:50
Yes with a case, the dji app will cause the phone camera to heat more compare to the native camera app but anyway I didn’t used it that long not sure if it just a normal response and temp will stabilise later on

Thanks for letting me know. So, I guess you might try taking your phone out of the case to see what the temperature difference is when you shoot without that case.  Good luck!
2018-2-27
Use props
T Shane
lvl.1

United States

Beautiful work! I want to visit Thailand now. Thanks for sharing.
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules