Terrible Support - Battery not working
857 18 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antonio Carlos Salzvedel Furtado Jun
New

Canada

Hi, I have just received a brand new P4. It has not been activated yet, and I do not think I will be able to.

I tried to use the battery, but it would not work. It will not charge as well. It just blinks every second. The charger seems to work with the control remote just fine.

I called support, and provided the battery S/N (not the aircraft), and they said it was activated more than 6 months ago. How can they ship a brand new P4, and tell me that it is an old battery. Now they are telling me the battery is out of warranty.

By the way, can you actually activate without battery, and connecting you mobile device to the drone.

2018-2-26
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

they said it was activated more than 6 months ago ? how long time you own the drone ?
2018-2-26
Use props
Antonio Carlos Salzvedel Furtado Jun
New

Canada

Nebicaneser Posted at 2018-2-26 08:15
they said it was activated more than 6 months ago ? how long time you own the drone ?

Less than a week. The drone itself has never been activated, I checked it S/N with them.
2018-2-26
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

lol ... then it is not possible it is activated .....
2018-2-26
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

maybe they have given that answer because they do not want to take charge of the battery (their warranty is 6 months)
2018-2-26
Use props
marcojrf
New

Canada

Nebicaneser Posted at 2018-2-26 08:19
maybe they have given that answer because they do not want to take charge of the battery (their warranty is 6 months)

Thanks for the response, by the way.
Yeah,  they are trying to dodge it. The support guy was hinting me that maybe I could buy a new battery. Yeah, right.

Sounds more like they are trying to ship refurbished batteries. No wonder, given the amount of people that have had issues with their batteries, and posted it here in this forum.

Anyways, I will just send the whole thing to support.
2018-2-26
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Maybe something got lost in translation. Battery SN or something. I can’t belive DJI would not warranty a defective battery out of a brand new never opened product. Where did you buy at? Get an exchange if possible.
2018-2-26
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

he wrote : I called support, and provided the battery S/N (not the aircraft), and they said it was activated more than 6 months ago.

Strange thing ...
2018-2-26
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I would take it back to where you purchased it and get an exchange.
2018-2-26
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I would take it back complete pack ...
2018-2-26
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

... if battery is damaged .... imagine the AC
2018-2-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Antonio Carlos Salzvedel Furtado Jun Posted at 2018-2-26 08:17
Less than a week. The drone itself has never been activated, I checked it S/N with them.

If you bought it from a brick and mortar store or otherwise one that will do the exchange, I agree with Alan HD above.  Just exhange it.  Otherwise, if you've had the new Phantom less than a week, then I believe the warranty states you can return the entire unit including the battery for a complete refund.  You can then buy another new Phantom with the refund.  You need to act fast because the refund opporunity is only valid for the first seven days.  The problem with getting an exchange with DJI is they may give you a refurbished unit instead of a new unit which they have the right to do under the terms of the warranty.  
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Antonio, we're sorry for the troubles first. Could you provide us with the battery SN, aircraft SN and purchase invoice for better assistance? Also, please kindly PM us the phone number when you called our support, we'll investigate the exact status and try our best to help you out.
2018-2-26
Use props
marcojrf
New

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-26 18:33
Hello Antonio, we're sorry for the troubles first. Could you provide us with the battery SN, aircraft SN and purchase invoice for better assistance? Also, please kindly PM us the phone number when you called our support, we'll investigate the exact status and try our best to help you out.

Thanks Susan, I sent you the details as a PM
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

marcojrf Posted at 2018-2-27 07:58
Thanks Susan, I sent you the details as a PM

I've received your message in PM, thanks! Could you upload the purchase invoice in Dropbox and share us the link in PM? I'll forward to the management to review, thanks!
2018-2-27
Use props
marcojrf
New

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-27 19:54
I've received your message in PM, thanks! Could you upload the purchase invoice in Dropbox and share us the link in PM? I'll forward to the management to review, thanks!

Hello,
I have just sent you the link
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

marcojrf Posted at 2018-2-27 20:04
Hello,
I have just sent you the link

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I've checked the PM again, there is only one website, instead of the purchase invoice. The designated team will investigate and contact you soon. Thanks for your patience.
2018-2-27
Use props
marcojrf
New

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-27 20:11
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I've checked the PM again, there is only one website, instead of the purchase invoice. The designated team will investigate and contact you soon. Thanks for your patience.

I am having troubles to use the PM system here. The messages do not seem to go through anymore.
Not being able to paste the link
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

marcojrf Posted at 2018-2-27 20:42
I am having troubles to use the PM system here. The messages do not seem to go through anymore.
Not being able to paste the link

It's OK. I've checked the case again, the designated team have contacted you to confirm the status. We'll keep an eye on the status as well. Again, we're sorry for the troubles we caused. Hope we can figure it out shortly.
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules