Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which app to stich 360 degree Spheres from RAW?
2105 10 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tadango
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

I am looking for an app to stich a 360 degree sphere photo from RAW's, just like the Mavic Air does. I want to use the RAW's to get more resolution and more control over the colors / noise reduction ect.

I have tried ptgui but the stitching was bad. I use Lightroom for my normal panorama's and they look great with minimal stiching errors. I have stiched all 25 sphere photo's in photoshop but i need the next step: How do i get a seemless join and make it a real 360 photo? I can life with a black sky Any tips?
2018-2-26
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This: Autopano Giga
2018-2-26
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Netherlands

I have tried AutoPano (don't know which version though) and it did not work very well..... I will try the newest version.
EDIT: Nope, terrible ghosting effect every time....
2018-2-26
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Netherlands

I tried PTGui again and the results were better. There are still stitching issues but i think i can fix that. The geometry is correct To bad you can't zoom in that much in skypixel because the images are very detailed. The pano is 18.748 pixels wide

2018-2-27
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Netherlands

Microsoft ICE: I am impressed. Not a perfect stitch but very usable AND it is fast AND it is free AND it can replace missing pixels. It yields a 145M pixel Pano To bad most viewers can't zoom in that far and only use about 30% of the resolution..... My desktop viewer app even refuses to load a pano that big

I simply made it a 2:1 size and filled the top with blue:

Get the app here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/
2018-2-28
Use props
Kevin Halle
Captain
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used PTIGui but I was never happy with it. I've tried a few others until I found Microsoft ICE. I haven't had any issues stitching with it yet. The photo on my avatar is with Microsoft ICE.
2018-2-28
Use props
Eastlex
New
Flight distance : 26083 ft
Germany

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to Drones, what settings did you use in ICE ?

Thanks in advance

2018-3-11
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Suriname

Eastlex Posted at 2018-3-11 13:17
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to Drones, what settings did you use in ICE ?

Thanks in advance

I use all defaults. You can auto generated the missing files though.
2018-3-11
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-28 08:54
Microsoft ICE: I am impressed. Not a perfect stitch but very usable AND it is fast AND it is free AND it can replace missing pixels. It yields a 145M pixel Pano  To bad most viewers can't zoom in that far and only use about 30% of the resolution..... My desktop viewer app even refuses to load a pano that big

I simply made it a 2:1 size and filled the top with blue:

I also use ICE and  use the default setting.  

Tadango, When you said you made it a 2:1 size, did you do it in ICE or another editor?
2018-3-11
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Suriname

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-11 14:33
I also use ICE and  use the default setting.  

Tadango, When you said you made it a 2:1 size, did you do it in ICE or another editor?

I use Photoshop to set the right canvas size and create a fake sky. ICE can only export what is in the photos.
2018-3-11
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Tadango Posted at 2018-3-11 15:48
I use Photoshop to set the right canvas size and create a fake sky. ICE can only export what is in the photos.

Thanks.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules