where can I buy a new remote controller?
5010 17 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

Where can I buy a new Phantom 3 advanced remote controller? Can't seem to find it on the store here. Is it here, or is there somewhere else I can buy one?

My current one is not working (it does not connect to the iPad/will not establish a connection). I tried purchasing an HDMI backing input/output for $99, thinking that might fix it, but it didn't. So I think something is wrong with the remote.

If it helps, the model # is GL300A.

Thanks.

2018-2-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

E-bay would be a good place to look.  Can you expand on whats wrong with the one you have?  Most problems can be solved.
2018-2-26
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-26 12:04
E-bay would be a good place to look.  Can you expand on whats wrong with the one you have?  Most problems can be solved.

Thanks. Looked on e-bay, lot of them say used, etc. I want a new one.

The thing that is wrong with it is this. I turn it on, plug the cord from the controller into my ipad, but there is no response/signal. (I've tried different cords, tested the same cords on other phantoms, and the cords work fine).

So when it is plugged into my iPad, when I start up the DJI pilot app, nothing shows up/no camera/etc.

I thought maybe purchasing the HDMI thing (where you plug it into the controller) might fix something, but it still doesn't work. So not sure if DJI gave me a defective remote controller one time when I had it for repair (long time ago), or what. (I heard stories where they would sometimes swap out machines/controllers, instead of fixing your existing one. Not sure if that is true or not, but just listing that as a possibility).

So bottom line - while I can fly (just with the remote) - I have no live view from my iPad, because it is not connecting to the controller.

Any ideas how to fix that?
2018-2-26
Use props
Josh the apple
lvl.2
Flight distance : 643061 ft
United States

djiguy001 Posted at 2018-2-26 12:17
Thanks. Looked on e-bay, lot of them say used, etc. I want a new one.

The thing that is wrong with it is this. I turn it on, plug the cord from the controller into my ipad, but there is no response/signal. (I've tried different cords, tested the same cords on other phantoms, and the cords work fine).

Have you tried a different device (tablet, phone, etc.)? Also make sure you accept the request to trust the controller to access data.
2018-2-26
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

Josh the apple Posted at 2018-2-26 12:52
Have you tried a different device (tablet, phone, etc.)? Also make sure you accept the request to trust the controller to access data.

Yes - I did. The thing is - it doesn't even "acknowledge" the request.

The remote controller is basically just not connecting to my iPad. I know it's not the cord, and I know its not the backing (because I replaced the HDMI section on a different remote, worked fine. Just this one didn't). So assuming it is something else with the remote...
2018-2-26
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

This eBay sale is for a new GL300A.

Jeff
2018-2-26
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

If it is a GL300A, that is the best one of the 3-available. The usb port can be purchased however. It does connect to your Phantom correct? The LED on the RC is green? Just no connection to your mobile device. Should be able to find one on Ebay for sure. Not sure about a new one, but a lot of used ones. I would think yours would be something to consider selling on Ebay to recover your costs. Just my opinion.
2018-2-26
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-2-26 13:24
If it is a GL300A, that is the best one of the 3-available. The usb port can be purchased however. It does connect to your Phantom correct? The LED on the RC is green? Just no connection to your mobile device. Should be able to find one on Ebay for sure. Not sure about a new one, but a lot of used ones. I would think yours would be something to consider selling on Ebay to recover your costs. Just my opinion.

Why would people be 'selling' used ones though? Wouldn't they not be able to use their phantom 3's? (if they are 'just' selling the remote controllers?)

And yes. My remote connects to the Phantom. It just doesn't connect to the iPad.
2018-2-26
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

http://www.rc711.com/shop/dji-ph ... .html?cPath=382_447
2018-2-26
Use props
fans55ae5496
lvl.4

United States

djiguy001 Posted at 2018-2-26 21:42
Why would people be 'selling' used ones though? Wouldn't they not be able to use their phantom 3's? (if they are 'just' selling the remote controllers?)

And yes. My remote connects to the Phantom. It just doesn't connect to the iPad.

Maybe they crashed their craft into the ocean or some other place and no longer have something to remotely control...
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, what's the color of RC indicator? Can the drone be controlled by the RC? As the GL300A has been discontinued, please check whether local dealers can help: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2018-2-26
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

djiguy001 Posted at 2018-2-26 21:42
Why would people be 'selling' used ones though? Wouldn't they not be able to use their phantom 3's? (if they are 'just' selling the remote controllers?)

Some may have had a fly away, or crash.
2018-2-27
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-26 23:34
Hi there, what's the color of RC indicator? Can the drone be controlled by the RC? As the GL300A has been discontinued, please check whether local dealers can help: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Yes. The drone can be controlled by the RC.

Just it will not connect to the iPad. So I can't fly far away, I can't "calibrate" the compass, or anything like that.
2018-2-27
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

djiguy001 Posted at 2018-2-27 14:58

Just it will not connect to the iPad. So I can't fly far away, I can't "calibrate" the compass, or anything like that.

Hey it's your call, but I would strongly suggest you buy another usb module for your RC. Easy to replace and a whole lot less than a new remote. Good luck my friend.
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiguy001 Posted at 2018-2-27 14:58

Thanks for getting back to us. Regarding the compass, I have replied you in your new post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-138051-1-1.html
2018-3-2
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-2 03:57
Thanks for getting back to us. Regarding the compass, I have replied you in your new post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-138051-1-1.html

Okay. thanks. In the meantime - do you have a SPECIFIC dealer/website you can point me to where I can buy a NEW phantom 3 remote controller, model GL300A?

I'd send it in for repair, but I don't like the fact they auto upgrade all the firmware.
2018-3-2
Use props
sxcccy
lvl.1

China

It's selling on Amazon. Here is links.
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Part 74 - Remote Controller 5.8G (Sta)DJI Phantom 3 Standard Part 74 - Remote Controller 5.8G (Sta)  by DJI $168.99
2018-3-3
Use props
sxcccy
lvl.1

China

It's selling on Amazon. Here is links.
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Part 74 - Remote Controller 5.8G (Sta) by DJI $168.99
DJI Phantom 3 Part 10 Remote Controller by Pro-Motion Distributing - Direct $279.00

2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules