Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help: Manually Creating Panoramas
560 3 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NFG
Australia

I wasn't tremendously happy with the seams in the Mavic Air's panoramas, and someone suggested taking the source images and doing it with other software.

I tried Microsoft's ICE, but it demands a certain numbering scheme that is incompatible with the Mavic Air's output, and I haven't worked out how to do this properly.  Can anyone offer some advice?

And I knew, from prior experience, that Hugin was a thing, so I gave that a shot.  The results were humorous, but not encouraging.

Running it on full auto, I got this:

WrongPano-2s.jpg

Which is super cool, but not really what I was after.

After loading all 25 images and manually adding 3-6 control points each, I got this:

WrongPanos.jpg

Closer!  But...  I dunno, I was hoping for something a little less surreal.

So I painstakingly, over the course of a few hours, added up to ten control points, adding one image at a time and making sure it was linked as many ways as possible to other images, and I got this:

WrongPano-3s.jpg

Except for the giant space spiral this worked fairly well.  But, you know,

Giant space spiral.  =/

So I'd love some advice.
2018-2-26
Use props
salmonshark
First Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft
United States

Search is your friend....  Search for tiny globe Microsoft ICE...   You will get lots of hits and some videos on how to make them.  I use ICE and it works great and is really easay.
2018-2-26
Use props
salmonshark
First Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=117483

2018-2-26
Use props
NFG
Australia

Thanks for the link.  It was an awful slog getting to the five minute mark where he finally said the thing I needed to know, but it was definitely there.  

I guess ICE doesn't do equirectangular exports.   It's a bit of a PITA to paint the sky myself later, but that's far less of an ordeal than messing with Hugin all day.  ^_^

2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules