ATTENTION DJI SUPPORT
654 5 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans60ef6c35
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240233 ft
United States

1st Contact sent FEB. 11 2018Hello. My Phantom 4 crashed immediately after entering obstacle avoidance mode. The flight began in the Vision mode, enabling me to fly and take-off. It then entered the obstacle avoidance mode and attempted to avoid LOW-VOLTAGE power lines and failed causing it to flip upside down and plummet to the ground. I have taken off and flown from this starting point area hundreds of time and never encountered an issue until this system took control. I am well within the 15 day period that qualifies me for a replacement. I am beginning to doubt your DJI equipment and flight system. Just last week my Phantom 3 Std was flying normal and all of a sudden it crashed to the ground, leaving me unable to recover any parts of my drone. For that you only offered me a discount on a new Phantom 3 drone minus controller and charger for 300+ dollars. I felt disrespected by both your offer and your explanation for the offer. I was told that my flight data offered no insight into what happened. The flight data showed it flying and then it wasn't flying or it just stopped reporting. The Video cache didn't offer anything due to corruption. I am telling you this because I will not tolerate any lame explanation that leaves me culpable for YOUR System Error/Mistake. I am no rookie pilot, I have been flying drones for the last 4 years. So please DO NOT DISRESPECT me by trying to attribute the crash to pilot error. My stick movements on the craft were minimal until the crash happened and that is when I engaged the sticks with extreme movements attempting to right the craft. According to your policy..."Damage caused by operating the product in an environment with electromagnetic interference (i.e. in mining areas or close to radio transmission towers, high-voltage wires, substations, etc.)." is not covered. I was not flying near any of those structures, so please do not attempt to place blame on me for flying near power lines. There is a difference between Low, Medium, and High Voltage lines and your policy explicitly states high-voltage, but not low-voltage. Therefore, I expect nothing less than a Full Replacement of my craft at NO CHARGE, NO FEE, NO ANCILLARY COSTS, NO TAXES, and ESPECIALLY NO mandatory $65.00 DELIVERY/SHIPPING COSTS...etc., as would be the norm when using your repair services. My damage is as follows: Cracked fuselage, Broken Rt Rear motor arm, the landing legs are missing pieces, camera and gimbal, battery has scratches and scraped. Propellers are scraped but not broken.

Flight Records Submitted HERE:
Model and Remote Pic Link HERE
Video Cache Link HERE:  
Proof of Purchase

2/13- DJI sent an email asking me to do the standard repair process and claim.
Hello Rian,
Greetings!
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. I hope you're having a good day.
First first of all, we would like to thank you for your continuous support on DJI products. We really do appreciate it here.
We would like to apologize as well about what happened with your Phantom 4, this is definitely not the experience that we would like you to have.
We also do understand your point, please do accept our apologies if you felt disrespected in any way, it is not our intentions for our customers to feel that way. We will do our best to resolve this. We will have to conduct the normal processing for this also.  We would like to see your product into our repair center for diagnosis and repair. After we receive your unit, we will do data analysis first to judge whether the accident is caused by pilot error or product error. If it is product error and within warranty period, we will repair your aircraft for free; otherwise it will be proceeded as charged repair.
Please follow the instructions below.
1. Sync flight records via the DJI GO app.
Please follow the tutorial to sync your flight records to the DJI server. You can find the tutorial: HERE
Every cloud icon at the end of the flight record indicates the flight record has been successfully uploaded.
2. To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number.
To get started with your online repair request click: HERE
If you are located outside of the United States, reply with the information requested below. We will create an RMA for you so that you can send it in for repair.
Full Name:
Complete Shipping Address (No PO Box. Kindly send us your complete shipping address to avoid further issues for shipping):
- House/Flat No./Building and floor:
- Street:
- City/Town:
- Province/State:
- Postal/Zip code:
Phone number:
Serial Number of DJI Product:
Proof of purchase: (attached to us)
DJI account for activation:
Dealer name or DJI Order Number:
Fault:
Troubleshooting steps you have tried:
DJI Care Agreement Number:
OSMO Shield Agreement Number:
(If yes, please include a copy of your DJI Care proof of purchase with your RMA.)
Then please provide your case number to us and provide the info below:
- Email address associated with your DJI Account you used for your flight: (N/A if you have provided it when creating the case)
- Date and time of the incident:(N/A if you have provided it when creating the case)
- Description of the accident: (N/A if you have provided it when creating the case)
- Cached Video(Applicable if you are recording during the accident, please upload to googledrive/dropbox etc)
And then we can help you remark that in your case for our repair technician's reference.
Note:
1. If you fail to sync your flight records to the server, please send us the flight record’s txt files on your mobile device and you can refer to the file attached to do it.
2. Flight records are important in judging the accident is pilot error or manufacturing error. If for some reasons, customer fails to provide enough information per requested, the warranty claim might be denied.
3. Flight records data analysis would be accepted by DJI data analysis team only when the aircraft is within warranty period.
4. After the unit is received by our repair center, it will take 3 or 5 business days for us to finish data analysis.
Thanks for your cooperation.You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.
Best regards,
Angeleca
DJI Technical Support

2nd Contact FEB. 13 2018 Here is my response.

Rian Acklin

2月13日 CST11:15

First reported: 2/11/18
Purchased: 2/5//18
WELL WITHIN THE 15 DAY REPLACEMENT POLICY!!!!

Hello. I am VERY VERY UPSET. I chose replacement as the repair option and your system stated my drone is over the 15 day purchase period. I hate your set-up, I cannot believe this! I just bought his Phantom 4 on FEB. 5 and received it the 6th!!!! Are you not going to honor the 15 day warranty period? I know that if I send my drone in and you refuse to replace it, and honor your policy, I will be stuck with paying a minimum of 65.00 to get it back. If you somehow connive your way out of replacing my drone, I would rather keep it broke then give you any more of my hard earned money. This is my 3rd in your series. I've never had a problem paying for repairs, when I was at fault. You disrespect me thinking I don't know that to get my drone back once sent in, it will cost me money. I have already uploaded my flight information attached to my account. I am attaching links to my flight records, video cache, and pictures of the drone. That information should be more than sufficient to make a determination on whether you will honor the 15 day policy you hold. Let me be clear: I am not sending my drone to your repair services because in the event I decide to not use your repair service because you will not honor the replacement policy, I will not be able to get my drone back without paying 65.00 shipping fee.

DJI RESPONSE on Feb. 15th 2018

Angleca Namac (Support)

2月15日 CST06:21

Hello Rian,
Good day!
Thank you for your response, I hope this email finds you well.
We completely understand your point and please accept our apologies once again for all the inconvenience.
I will be forwarding this to our higher officer for them to review the ticket as well as for the available options we can provide for this matter since you would personally would not prefer to send the item for repair.  We are asking for your kind understanding and patience.You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best regards,

Angeleca
DJI Technical Support
Website  http://www.dji.com/support

I contacted DJI again on the 15th, 17th, the 19th, and the 26th as well.  The messages are as follows:  

3rd Contact on 2/15- ME to Angeleca I have not received any info concerning my case.  I would like to have this documented as I am still within my 15 day period.  Please contact me soon!!!

2/17- DJI Response

[img=40,12]https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/if--I-i-wc60DWv-FnFbg4MNyjx69Mk2gXRVb9t27OgDMS3ZdLwyJojnBZFP3hEaNjW-5lC-VsKBsJrNt7xcBiwjPr0ygBucRKgTmMVhXv2cAxqfoWaJ=s0-d-e1-ft#[/img]

Angleca Namac (Support)

2月17日 CST04:16

Hello Rian,
Good day!
Thank you for keeping on touch. I hope this email finds you well.
We would like to apologize for the delay of the updates, we are asking for your patience and kind understanding in resolving your case.
Rest assured that your email are documented.
Should you need any further information/assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.Best regards,

Angeleca

DJI Technical Support
Website  http://www.dji.com/support

4th Contact:  2/19 -ME to Angeleca:  I received a survey, but no information or contact about my case.  Please respond!!

2/22 DJI Response:  

Angleca Namac (Support)

2月22日 CST06:16

Hello Rian,
Good day!
Thank you for keeping in touch. We really do appreciate your time.
We would like to apologize for the delay of the updates of your case, we are asking once again for your patience and kind understanding in resolving the issue.
I will be sending a request of this once again to our manager to review.
We apologize once again for the inconvenience.
Your patience and kind understanding is greatly appreciated.  You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best regards,
Angeleca

DJI Technical Support

5th Contact 2/26- ME to DJI

I contacted DJI again this evening because I have received no word yet.  

Ths is what I have received in communication from DJI.  I have not received the contact from a higher up, which was supposed to happen almost a week ago, and I feel that only because I keep contacting DJI am I even getting this feedback.  If I didnt keep contacting YOU, DJI, you would try and forget about me and then later try and offer a discount to purchase a drone directly from you like you have previously offered others.  I would like for a moderator affilited with DJI customer service to please address my concers, as I feel that I am being ignored and by ignoring me, I will simply give up my claim.  

2018-2-26
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

I totally read all of that.
2018-2-26
Use props
fans60ef6c35
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240233 ft
United States

dorbot Posted at 2018-2-26 19:52
I totally read all of that.

Well, why would you waste your time if your not DJI support.  
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I‘m sorry to read your post and managed to get your case number via the forum info. Have you received the shipping label? If yes, I'd suggest to send it in for diagnosis asap. For the crash, the local team will arrange data analysis as long as they received the unit and offer the corresponding solutions. As the crash happened within 15 days, a replacement will be arranged if confirm it's the product issue. Hope for your understanding.
2018-2-26
Use props
Nebicaneser
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

I read entire text.. I m not admin or op...
2018-2-26
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

i.e. means included but not limited.
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules