Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dear p4 and p4p users.

I am reading several posts regarding stress cracks developing in the p4 and p4p models after a few months or a certain km/miles flown. This is not a normal behaviour and it could be possible that it is a manufactory fault. Or maybe a certain batch produced.I experienced the same thing , i sent the p4p back for repair , under warranty , and received a used replacement drone back. Its ok to send me a refurbished one back , but how long will it take before this one will also show cracks.
Could you please post your experiences or issues regarding cracks . Also advise when bought/produced. and how many km/miles flown.
Maybe dji can see a pattern and will improve the shells.

2018-2-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Unfortunately, if they read this forum, then they have already been told how to reduce the incidence of cracking. It happened witrh the P3 as well. The reason is the cheap Chinese injection moulders feed back rejected shells during the moulding process into the mix for another shot. When that happens, the plasticizer used in the plastics is lost and the new shells become brittle. This has been happening in the manufacture of other items, such as the bodies of model trains, and has been going on for years.

2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules