Dji goggles and phantom 4 pro compatibility
8070 9 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_REwLepleaSV5
lvl.2

Japan

Hello,
I was thinking of purchasing the phantom 4 pro and dji goggles. However, I read somewhere and now cant find it that allthough they are compatible some features dont work. Dji tells me they are 100% compatible. Has there been a firmware update?
Thanks

2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_REwLepleaSV5
lvl.2

South Korea

Bump somebody must know something

2018-2-27
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have a P4P that I use with the DJI goggles and they work fine. On the P4P, however, you have to go in with the USB cable so it's not possible to use the goggles and a smart device at the same time. So with the later firmware versions, you have to first startup with a tablet/phone until you get to the "Begin Flight" button in GO 4, then unplug the smart device from the R/C unit and plug in the goggles. Yes, that's really nasty and broken, but it's your only choice (apart from going back to an older firmware which I won't go into here).

Otherwise, the goggles work great with the P4P via USB and head tracking, etc works fine. Keep in mind that the firmware in the goggles is different than GO 4 and not all the features in GO 4 are available. Some of the settings aren't available, but almost everything associated with the camera, resolution, exposure, etc. is available in the goggles....
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Per the FAQ section of DJI Goggles: 3.What DJI drones are compatible with the DJI Goggles through USB cables?
Spark, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced, and Inspire 2.

You can find that information here: https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#faq
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_REwLepleaSV5
lvl.2

South Korea

luciens Posted at 2018-2-28 07:24
I have a P4P that I use with the DJI goggles and they work fine. On the P4P, however, you have to go in with the USB cable so it's not possible to use the goggles and a smart device at the same time. So with the later firmware versions, you have to first startup with a tablet/phone until you get to the "Begin Flight" button in GO 4, then unplug the smart device from the R/C unit and plug in the goggles. Yes, that's really nasty and broken, but it's your only choice (apart from going back to an older firmware which I won't go into here).

Otherwise, the goggles work great with the P4P via USB and head tracking, etc works fine. Keep in mind that the firmware in the goggles is different than GO 4 and not all the features in GO 4 are available. Some of the settings aren't available, but almost everything associated with the camera, resolution, exposure, etc. is available in the goggles....

Thanks awesome answer.
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_REwLepleaSV5
lvl.2

South Korea

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-28 08:22
Per the FAQ section of DJI Goggles: 3.What DJI drones are compatible with the DJI Goggles through USB cables?
Spark, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced, and Inspire 2.

Not really the answer I was looking for. I know what Dji says. But it seems theres a big difference between what they say and whats a fact.
2018-2-28
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

djiuser_REwLepleaSV5 Posted at 2018-2-28 09:59
Not really the answer I was looking for. I know what Dji says. But it seems theres a big difference between what they say and whats a fact.

does the Panorama 360 runs with googles? not sure where I've seen it doesn't work
2018-2-28
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_REwLepleaSV5 Posted at 2018-2-28 09:59

The FAQ is an answer sort of, but it leaves out a lot of details, some of them good and some of them really nasty. The shuffling of the plugs requirement, for example, is a major problem and a nasty surprise if you encounter it on a job if you aren't aware of it, and if the goggles are the main way you fly your phantom. It's also intentional so it'll be a continuing problem for the life of the aircraft (unless you go back to an older firmware).

The other thing not detailed is the difference between the current internal firmware user interface in the goggles and GO 4. The goggles are pretty close to GO 4 but there are some settings for the aircraft, etc., that you can't do with the goggles.

To DJI's credit at least, they're frequently adding updates to the goggles and machines firmwares, so you kind of have to keep up with the release notes. But still, as a user, you have to kind of discover all this on your own through experimentation. Again, not something you want to have to do if it's your bread and butter of course....
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_REwLepleaSV5
lvl.2

South Korea

Thank you for your help
2018-2-28
Use props
fansd14d8ddd
lvl.1

Brazil

Mas eu não entendi se o goggle re pode ser usado sem fio com o phantom 4 pro ... se o cabo usb é apenas para conectar ambos ou se o controle remoto fica ligado ao óculos por fio necessariamente
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules