LENS TILTS DOWN BELOW -8 WHEN RONIN IS TURNED ON
717 5 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LukeW
New

Australia

I have recently bought a Ronin M, I hav ecalibrated it with both a Canon 5DMK2 with different lenses, a Sony FS5 with different lenses etc.  The calibration is more than accurate for the gimbal to work.  The problem occurs when I turn the gimbal on it tilts down so that the lens is facing down about -8 on the readout in the app.  I, like everyone else have watched a ton of yotube videos and by all accounts the gimbal should work fine.  Is this a malfunction or am I missing something really simple?

2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Luke, the camera must be properly balanced on the Ronin-M to ensure stable footage and avoid damaging the system, may I know if you have balanced well the camera? Here is the tutorial video for your reference:
If the camera has been balanced, please make System calibration and Center calibration in APP or Assistant Software.
2018-2-28
Use props
LukeW
New

Australia

Hello, yes I have balanced everything properly.  I called DJI and sent them videos of the issue which they said they haven't seen before.  I know it to be a problem because I have seen it on youtube videos.  It is an issue with the smoothtrack function which drops down when the tilt axis is engaged.  I now have to post it at my expense to be looked at then posted back.  I am fast coming to realise that this gimbal system is heavily prone to faults.  It is not a consistent product.  Many people will have had great experiences with it but that is just down to being lucky with the unit they have received.  If you are thinking of buying one expect not to be able to use it on any kind of job for at least a month!
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Try using a lens support for your Cannon.
2018-3-1
Use props
LukeW
New

Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-1 08:08
[view_image]

Try using a lens support for your Cannon.

I have tried it with the Canon mk2 with a 40mm pancake lens, 85mm prime, 24-70mm all have the same problem.  I have also tried it with the sony fs5 with a 16mm sigma, 40mm pancake with a metabones adaptor.

The unit is faulty, DJI products have a lot of flaws.  It is well documented on youtube.  DJI said they hadn't seen this problem before which I am very surprised about, it took me 5 mins to find the identical problem on another site.  The option is just to not use the smooth track.  But after paying all that money I expect the unit to work with all functions enabled.

Very Disappointed!
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

LukeW Posted at 2018-3-1 17:53
I have tried it with the Canon mk2 with a 40mm pancake lens, 85mm prime, 24-70mm all have the same problem.  I have also tried it with the sony fs5 with a 16mm sigma, 40mm pancake with a metabones adaptor.

The unit is faulty, DJI products have a lot of flaws.  It is well documented on youtube.  DJI said they hadn't seen this problem before which I am very surprised about, it took me 5 mins to find the identical problem on another site.  The option is just to not use the smooth track.  But after paying all that money I expect the unit to work with all functions enabled.

Please contact Australian Support for further assistance: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules