Unbelievable DJI Support "Answer"
1571 14 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stach23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 721795 ft
United States

So I purchased a used Phantom 4 Pro and I verified that it was coming with the High Capacity batteries (5,870 mAh). However, it of course arrived with the lesser P4 batteries (5,350 mAh) and the person that purchased it from has been going back and forth with DJI support since they sent him the replacement P4P and battery. Here's a direct quote from DJI support about the difference between the P4 and P4P (high capacity) batteries. How the heck could a "knowledgable" support person possibly make the following statement?!?!?!?
"However there's nothing different between the phantom 4 or phantom 4 pro battery because all of our Battery for phantom 4 series has the same voltage and MAH capacity. So you don't have to worry about it for the battery because it will not affect your drone if you used different battery from phantom 4 series.

Best Regards,

John Gabrielle
DJI Technical Support"

2018-2-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Haha, ya.

Sounds like he may be misinformed, but certainly very mistaken.

That's sadly how support can be today. Total Fail!!

RedHotPoker
2018-2-27
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

We need a facepalm emoji. And they actually pay these people to give out duff info.
2018-2-27
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Probably correct on current information, since I don't think they make the smaller batteries any more, so if you buy a battery for a P4 or P4P you get the same thing.
2018-2-27
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some days I have to wonder about DJI's support.
2018-2-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I'm confused.  Did you buy the P4P from an individual , or is it a refurbished from DJI?  How is the other person involved?
2018-2-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would suggest that the person you purchased it from was perhaps being economical with the truth. They must have known what they were selling you ?

As some have already said DJI now only produce and sell the higher capacity battery. So very likely support person would not have known of older product.
2018-2-27
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

AlanHd Posted at 2018-2-27 08:44
We need a facepalm emoji. And they actually pay these people to give out duff info.

LOL thought the same
2018-2-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sounds like he knows more about the P2 and P3 batteries and so is making an incorrect assumption on the P4 batteries ...
2018-2-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hopefully there is a moral to this story. ;-)

image.jpeg

You see similar intelligence all the time. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the troubles. May I know how did the seller contact our support? Is there any case number? We'd like to investigate the situation and avoid similar troubles in the future. Appreciate your time and understanding.
2018-2-27
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 721795 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-27 18:20
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the troubles. May I know how did the seller contact our support? Is there any case number? We'd like to investigate the situation and avoid similar troubles in the future. Appreciate your time and understanding.

Here's the information that you requested. The seller is no longer speaking to me after I demanded a refund for selling me a P4P with 2 batteries that were not High Capacity, as he promised and supposedly verified when I asked if they said 5,870 mAh on them. There is a significant difference (around 10% more flight time), so I want what I thought I was paying for, which he is now refusing.

Here's what I found in his email for you...

"Your request(#1009072)has been updated"
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Stach23 Posted at 2018-3-1 13:15
Here's the information that you requested. The seller is no longer speaking to me after I demanded a refund for selling me a P4P with 2 batteries that were not High Capacity, as he promised and supposedly verified when I asked if they said 5,870 mAh on them. There is a significant difference (around 10% more flight time), so I want what I thought I was paying for, which he is now refusing.

Here's what I found in his email for you...

I am terribly sorry for the difficulties and the confusion. Do you have the case or ticket that the reseller contacted us? It would be helpful for us to check the details.
2018-3-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-2-27 08:59
Some days I have to wonder about DJI's support.

It isn't only DJI's support, there are plenty of others.

Had a well known computer maker's support - request I send them a Screen Snap of a computer's BIOS screen settings.  That was for a computer that would not power up.

Had a tech support manager of a wireless internet provider tell me, reason for poor speeds and intermittent service was because antenna and tower were not "line of sight" according to their database.  That was with two of company's field people and myself standing below antenna, looking at their tower several miles away.

Did you know slow internet speeds were caused by your home router slowing down in evening for 3 to 4 hours?  Yeah, I actually had tech support at ISP trying to sell that idea.  My home router, knew what time of day it was, and slowed down traffic during evening to late night time.  Try Peak-Time issue due to small a pipe to next Tier level.
2018-3-13
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-13 22:50
It isn't only DJI's support, there are plenty of others.

Had a well known computer maker's support - request I send them a Screen Snap of a computer's BIOS screen settings.  That was for a computer that would not power up.

Wow! I could have written this. I've had pretty much the same experiences. Dell Computers, Farmers (Boone Link) internet and Blue Host
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules